• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock NSX

Originally posted by FuzzyGreenCarpets:
Why do people destroy their perfect $80k sports car in such ways. ............I felt that the owners should be publically humiliated or arrested for vandalizing those vehicles.

I have 'vandalized' my motor to the point that it puts over 500hp to the wheels on pump gas and is perfectly docile in traffic. If that is a crime, come and arrest me - if you can catch me in your bone stock NSX. ; )

Originally posted by MWest:
You have a 91 with only 13k miles? Geez, if I don't drive mine that far in a year I get cranky. Don't be afraid to get some use out of this marvelously designed car...
smile.gif

I have a 91 with only 6000 miles on it! I absolutely love the car and would like to be able to drive it more...BUT...kids, wife, athletics, household projects oh yeah WORK, I really needed this car when I was single, except not enough green back then. Still, every time I drive it, about once a week, I drive the PISS out of it, plus its always clean and shiny unlike my daily driver.

Chris,

I understand and agree with your point talking about "stock" NSXes. It would be boring.

However, I think the original point, was that Fuzzy (although he was a little strident in his language) was really only talking about gaudy (in his opinions) visual mods. I can't speak for Fuzzy, but I don't think he was necessarily down on all modifications.

For me, although I would never make many of the mods discussed here, I find the talk interesting and neat. I also realize that there's a number of mods that could be made (i.e. engine and performance mods) that wouldn't change the visual appearance of the car.

Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk

I'm not against all mods. Just the ones that are gaudy or go against the original features and design. In fact I use to own a couple of highly modified honda's:

A 1989 CRX SI with ZC engine drop, headers, exhaust, intake, Integra ECU, 8lbs flywheel, ACT Xtreme PPlate and clutch, Del Sol thin spoke 5-star rims (the light weight ones) lowered a little with shocks, springs, and strut bars. I could do mid 14 second quarters in it, could beat NSX'es at the local auto-x events, and still got 30 mpg.

A 1990 Prelude SI - Lowered a little with springs and shocks and 16" performance oriented rims. (with a stock hood line lower then an NSX or Testarossa and a panaramic view of the road never matched by any car ever.Honda use to refer to this in ads.) It was stolen, so I don't want to talk about it, but if any NSX owner ever needs a daily driver that has the same driving feel, minus the handling and power of the NSX then get this car.

My point is that these cars were modified for a certain performance reason. I didn't compromise the original looks by adding wings, fat ass body kits, or ugly heavy rims. But there is a difference. These cars are a dime a dozen and the NSX is not. The NSX needs to be preserved as a precious item that will be honored as one of the best vehicles of all time.

Steve
President of the Stock NSX Preservation Society

...91 13k miles...

Now THAT should be a crime!! :)

...has the same driving feel, minus the handling and power of the NSX...

Yea, I once had a girlfriend exactly like [insert name of your wet dream here], except for her looks and the sex.

Of course, if I had the real thing I would just lock her safely in a closet, brag to my friends, and pleasure myself from her pictures.

All in fun... (just like my NSX)

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 10 April 2001).]

Originally posted by FuzzyGreenCarpets:

My point is that these cars were modified for a certain performance reason.

That would be why I have modified my NSX. I respect the people that built it and what they have accomplished, but I do not confine myself to the same compromises they were willing to make or had to make. Some people are perfectly happy with a suit off the shelf and that is fine; I prefer the fit of a tailored suit. My feelings about cars are the same.

FuzzyGreenCarpets,
By the looks of your signature saying, "Stock NSX Preservation Society" I see you're not only a member but you're also the President. Kinda like the Hairclub for Men. Any relation to your username.
smile.gif
He He. I had to throw that in.

I understand your point and respect the fact that you want to keep your NSX stock. By the sounds of it you've sure had your share of "tricked out vehicles". Sorry to hear about the Prelude. I don't really care for all the fender flares or big ass wings either. For now I'm just having fun making my engine look like a sea of polished aluminum.
smile.gif
That's what "float MY boat". It's just fun for me to see how crazy some people will actually get with their NSXs and that's why I enjoy this site so much.

BUT, NEVER SAY NEVER!. I NEVER thought I would have a desire to put lowering springs on my NSX, which was already the lowest vehicle I've ever owned, until I found these people on NSX Prime. These sick and unappreciative people. These twisted and demented people. These.......oh, sorry. I got ahead of myself there for a minute. Did I mention how much I enjoy this site?

I had a life before I bought my NSX. Now, I HAVE A LIFE.

Have fun. You only live twice.

Well, my car is completely stock, except for chromed oem 7 spoke wheels that came with the car when I got it. I initially wanted to lower my car via eibachs, but thought of the cons when going up and down driveways. I do have mods I want to do to my car, but only to parts of the car that is subject to "wear and tear," parts that sooner or later will have to be replaced anyway. Bilstein shocks and aftermarket rotors and pads are tops on my list of mods to do. Actually, those are the only mods I think I'm going to do. By the way, are chrome oem wheels bad?

Ryan

Originally posted by Ken YZ F1:
I have a 91 with only 6000 miles on it! I absolutely love the car and would like to be able to drive it more...BUT...kids, wife, athletics, household projects oh yeah WORK,

All I can say is Wow! I drive mine to work at least every other day. 6000 miles in 10 years is barely one weekend road trip a year. Hardly worth it. I'm basically timing my mileage over time to maximize my extended warranty coverage. Plus in 10 years I'll probably have gone through at least two more high performance cars. Maybe the new V8 NSX???
smile.gif

Back