• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen NSX - Found

Last month my 97 NSX-T was stolen from my driveway, I found it 4 days later, parked in front of a restaurant less than 1 mile from my house.
It had obviously been taken for a joyride, and used for "drifting", judging by the wear marks on the tires. The stereo had been ripped out.
What I can not figure out is why the other items were taken: the spacesaver tire, the jack, and the CUPHOLDER!!!! They did NOT take the speakers, or the wheels (over 6K invested in them....)
What is the worst part, and does not make any sense at all, is my leather folder with the complete car history and maintenance records from day 1 - this is of absolutely no use to anyone. Also the registration and a 1991 factory service manual was taken. Actually, everything that was loose in the car and trunk is gone...
I really wonder what goes through the minds of these individuals.....

I agree - that certainly doesn't make any sense. Maybe the joyrider owns a NSX and lacked all those items? :dunno:

Last edited:
thanks for the update.....you should link your original thread to this one or the mods can merge the two.

That's great news that you recovered it. I assume you are not going to be parking it in the driveway anymore?

One of the times someone broke into my old car, I had a coin tray with a bunch of quarters and another with dimes...for some reason they only took the quarters. Strange...

I'll bet those items show up on Craiglist somewhere near you or on E-bay. There is a big market for manuals, etc., on older cars that are not manufactured anymore. Go to E-bay and look at all of the pre-2000 Corvette Manuals, storage nets and OEM accessories that are for sale!

Last month my 97 NSX-T was stolen from my driveway, I found it 4 days later, parked in front of a restaurant less than 1 mile from my house.
It had obviously been taken for a joyride, and used for "drifting", judging by the wear marks on the tires. The stereo had been ripped out.
What I can not figure out is why the other items were taken: the spacesaver tire, the jack, and the CUPHOLDER!!!! They did NOT take the speakers, or the wheels (over 6K invested in them....)
What is the worst part, and does not make any sense at all, is my leather folder with the complete car history and maintenance records from day 1 - this is of absolutely no use to anyone. Also the registration and a 1991 factory service manual was taken. Actually, everything that was loose in the car and trunk is gone...

The fact that the low lives stole your car to get their rocks off should be evidence enough that they have no minds for thoughts to go through...:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune...at least you found your car with little to no damage or loss. Maybe investing in an alarm, lojack, and a club will help if you don't garage your car.

I would never leave my car outside overnight if I didn't have to.

Maybe the missing parts were 'needed' for another car. Is it possible to adopt the service history to another car in the US?

Perhaps they were just kids ( stupid a-holes ones ) and they just wanted a souvenir?

Count your blessings. If I remember correctly you did not have any theft insurance on the car. I'm surprised it took four days to find the car. Are NSX's out your way pretty common? I would imagine that if the word got out to the local law enforcement they would have found it sooner. At least you got your car back.

Holy Crap !!!!!!

:eek:

Acura NSX parts and accessories - $1 (OC)

<HR>Date: 2010-10-16, 7:42PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

Sold my NSX, have spare parts for sale.

Service manual - $20
Spare tire - $50
Jack - $30

<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=OC -->Location: OC
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
<!-- END CLTAGS --><TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
PostingID: 2010215703

I think Advan did it himself as a joke.:wink:

I think Advan did it himself as a joke.:wink:

come on man!! :eek:

that wouldn't be a joke of a sane person.....:mad:

keep us posted and if it ends up being the thief, post his address, both physical and email, his phone numbers and his full name from the police report!!!!

THEN WE CAN BREAK NSX ASS ON THIS PUNK!!!!:cool:

look forward to hearing the follow up reports

come on man!! :eek:

that wouldn't be a joke of a sane person.....:mad:

keep us posted and if it ends up being the thief, post his address, both physical and email, his phone numbers and his full name from the police report!!!!

THEN WE CAN BREAK NSX ASS ON THIS PUNK!!!!:cool:

look forward to hearing the follow up reports

I mean posting the Craig's List ad. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that he stole a car!

Maybe the perps were having dinner and watched you take their stolen car before they had the chance to take it to the strip shop. They probably thought you had some nerve stealing their stolen car.
Happy Motoring!

Maybe the perps were having dinner and watched you take their stolen car before they had the chance to take it to the strip shop. They probably thought you had some nerve stealing their stolen car.
Happy Motoring!

That would be funny. Imagine them reporting to the police that "their" NSX was stolen!!

I have a question for the OP. Did you take the car back yourself or call the police and let them fill out the paperwork so you could properly take the car back?

I have to say that when cars of mine were stolen, I either never saw them again, or they were recovered and I declined to take it back and had my insurance company pay me.

You realize that happened 3 years ago... :redface:

wow what a crazy store... burn thieves... so stupid how they get on the net so quickly to sell stolen items... need a website dedicated to showing them get what they deserve...

Back