• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen NSX parts on Craigslist -HELP

Back in September, my car was stolen and vandalized.
I have been out of the country until recently, when I checked the replies to my earlier posting about the theft (ref. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141874&highlight=stolen ), and lo and behold, a fellow Primer posted a Craigslist sale of the exact items (well, not all) missing from my car. This thief actually said that he "sold the car, and have spare parts for sale"
Who would ever sell (or buy) an NSX without the spare tire, the jack, and the service manuals????
This is obviously a lie, plus he is located right here in Orange County.......

The listing was dated 2010-10-16, by JFNXA, posting ID # 2010215703
It has been removed from C/L so I have no way of contacting an expired lister.

I am wondering if anyone reading this may have bought items from this person.
If so, PLEASE get me any information which I could use to identify him and turn him over to the authorities.....

Who would ever sell (or buy) an NSX without the spare tire, the jack, and the service manuals????
QUOTE]

UH, I bought an NSX without these things, knowing they were easily replaced. When these cars are tracked those are the first things to go, so it's not unusual at all. Good Luck with your recovery - Theives Suck!
Happy NSXMAS!

Back in September, my car was stolen and vandalized.
I have been out of the country until recently, when I checked the replies to my earlier posting about the theft (ref. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141874&highlight=stolen ), and lo and behold, a fellow Primer posted a Craigslist sale of the exact items (well, not all) missing from my car. This thief actually said that he "sold the car, and have spare parts for sale"
This is obviously a lie, plus he is located right here in Orange County.......

The listing was dated 2010-10-16, by JFNXA, posting ID # 2010215703
It has been removed from C/L so I have no way of contacting an expired lister.

I am wondering if anyone reading this may have bought items from this person.
If so, PLEASE get me any information which I could use to identify him and turn him over to the authorities.....

Assuming you filed a police report, I would contact the police.

QUOTE]

UH, I bought an NSX without these things, knowing they were easily replaced. When these cars are tracked those are the first things to go, so it's not unusual at all. Good Luck with your recovery - Theives Suck!
Happy NSXMAS!

I did this also. The spare tire is worthless with my oversized wheels and the jack is also kind of worthless. The manuals would of been great to have tho.:frown:. Thank god I have nsx prime to ask about stuff that probably would be in the manual so no big deal.:wink:

QUOTE]

Happy NSXMAS!

ditto

My car came without these items also.

Plus your located in Southern Cali were most NSX are located. It might just be coincidence.

Had this been in a small town in the middle of the country were you live, then the likelyhood of this being yours increases.

If anyone out there actually bought these craigslist items, there is some additional info to consider.
the spare and jack are from a 97
the service manual is for year 91
It would be a real coincidence if the seller also had 2 NSX's of those same years, as I do.
If anyone out there actually bought this manual, please contact me, since I had some personal scribbles in the manual which would prove whether it is mine.
In that case, it may be a lead to the person who took my car.
I do not care about the items, as long as they can serve to track the crook.

Back