• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stoptech Trophy BBK

Received my Stoptech Trophy front BBK the other day. Thank you ScienceofSpeed for the awesome service! I am definitely impressed with the quality from Stoptech. Just some teaser pics (from my cell) as I will probably install them this weekend or the following week and update this thread with additional pics.

I will probably order the rears later this year. I do not track my NSX so yes, I got these for the "bling" factor and because my rotors, finally after 6 years needed replacing.

Stoptech Trophy front BBK
stoptechtrophy1.jpg

stoptechtrophy2.jpg

Stoptech installed
stoptechtrophybbk2.jpg

stoptechtrophybbk1.jpg

stoptechtrophybbk3.jpg

Drive along Newport Coast
stoptechbbkcdm1.jpg

stoptechbbkcdm2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!I was gonna do the same exact set up for my fronts and rears but end up going with the EX6pot WP Pro instead.I also did the BBK for the "BLING" :smile:

what wheels are you running? If you're using those stock rims you're gonna need huge spacers lol those brakes are sick tho!

Pic on the wall, where to buy? Brakes are huge. What size rotors?

I got that poster last month from user: NA1/2-R GT. He was selling a run of these though I can't find the original thread anymore. The rotors are 328mm (12.9").

Looks impressive :smile:

I would be very interested to know the exact weight of these calipers and the weight including the mounting brackets.
AFAIK, these calipers are made from aluminum alloy, so I would like to compare their weight against the OEM steel calipers.

WOW nice!:biggrin:

I love that grey metal color as well.

I wonder how these compare to the regular ones in weight.

StopTech's fit perfectly inside Volk CE28N's.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 552
  • NSX a 6-11.jpg
    NSX a 6-11.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 512

Beautiful, thanks for the pics! :smile: I see you opted for black rotor hats as well :cool:

I will be sure to weigh the oem calipers + brackets against the Stoptech trophy caliper + brackets. However, while I was researching them, I found the following weights online:

Stoptech Regular ST40 caliper: 7.8lbs
Stoptech Trophy ST40 caliper: 6.8lbs
Stoptech Trophy ST40 caliper + brackets: 8.3lbs

I wasn't able to install them the past weekend and am looking to install them this weekend.

Last edited:

Finally, a car w/ all the hardcore track mods and no bling, no rice. Very trick, I likey.
Are your Volks 17/18? Do you work for ST? Any idea the total ST Trophy Wt. compare to OEM?

Last edited:
Shooze's car is awesome, he has all the goodies for the nsx you can want.

See you around shooze ;)

Finally, a car w/ all the hardcore track mods and no bling, no rice. Very trick, I likey.
Are your Volks 17/18? Do you work for ST? Any idea the total ST Trophy Wt. compare to OEM?

I'm glad you like the pics. Other than my avatar, these are the first pics I have posted. Even though I made a lot of upgrades I wanted to stay true to the original concept...

Yes, Volks are 17/18. No spacers needed.

I do not work for ST. However, I've got a couple close friends that do.

No idea on the weight delta between ST and OEM.

Beautiful, thanks for the pics! :smile: I see you opted for black rotor hats as well :cool:

I will be sure to weigh the oem calipers + brackets against the Stoptech trophy caliper + brackets. However, while I was researching them, I found the following weights online:

Stoptech Regular ST40 caliper: 7.8lbs
Stoptech Trophy ST40 caliper: 6.8lbs
Stoptech Trophy ST40 caliper + brackets: 8.3lbs

I wasn't able to install them the past weekend and am looking to install them this weekend.

You are going to love the brakes! :smile:

Quick note, I would suggest not using wheel cleaners. The anodize used on the hat is pretty sensitive to the chemicals in a lot of the cleaners out there. For safety sake, I clean my wheels and brakes with soap and water.

And, if you happened to buy the zinc coated rotors like I did, I would recommend that you scuff as much of the zinc coating off of the braking surface as possible before installation. The zinc is great to keep corrosion at bay and the rotors looking good. However, it is NOT good for the pads and will hurt their performance. I found this out the hard way....

I'm looking forward to what you find on the weight difference.

Back