• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Store with wood blocks instead of wheels?

Is it ok to remove the wheels and store the car with the rotors sitting on wood blocks as support? I wanted to remove the wheels for winter and work on them, but as I understand it is bad to put the car on jack stands and leave the suspension in full droop. So if I have blocks under the rotors, the suspension will "settle". Is this ok to do?

Sure, I would put stands under it anyway just incase. Also i would lay it on the control arm instead of the rotor.

Last edited:
Sure, I would put stands under it anyway just incase. Also i would lay it on the control arm instead of the rotor.

Ok so control arms front and rear on some stacked 4x4 blocks?

I would go with Jackstands with the rubber pads if you wanted to pull the wheels

or

could always do wooden wheels...

871.jpeg

Ok so control arms front and rear on some stacked 4x4 blocks?

Yeah that would be fine. You could use 4 jack stands as well just put them under the control arms instead of the middle of the car. That way the weight stays on the shocks and springs. (Right ware the knuckle of the hub meets the end of the lower control arm)

Last edited:
please don't post a poll about what species of wood would look best......

I'm not using anything but the finest Brazilian zebra wood.

http://www.theautodolly.com/roll-around_attachment.php

It will cost ya around $200.00 for 4 but if you want to move the car after you take the wheels off you will be glad you didnt just throw it up on jackstands... I use mine for all sorts of stuff (you can get attachments for them). One has an engine sitting on it now actually. Easy to move stuff around the garage. Take off the attachments and you can use it on a car with wheels on it when you store it to push it around if you need to...

I would go with Jackstands with the rubber pads if you wanted to pull the wheels

or

could always do wooden wheels...

871.jpeg

Those dont look bbk friendly

It will cost ya around $200.00 for 4 but if you want to move the car after you take the wheels off you will be glad you didnt just throw it up on jackstands... I use mine for all sorts of stuff (you can get attachments for them). One has an engine sitting on it now actually. Easy to move stuff around the garage. Take off the attachments and you can use it on a car with wheels on it when you store it to push it around if you need to...

Wow those are cool. Thanks.

Those things look awesome!!!

Can you use the stands without the casters on it? Pricing it out comes to more in the range of $500 and I have no intentions of rolling the car around once its up in the air.

You can get it as a combo? I checked Grainger and Summit and it was going for $80 each for just the base with casters and $90 for a pair of stands. Ill keep looking, Thanks!

You can get it as a combo? I checked Grainger and Summit and it was going for $80 each for just the base with casters and $90 for a pair of stands. Ill keep looking, Thanks!

I deleted my post. Ill try to remember where I got my stuff. Maybe the price went up a lot...

Back