• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Street Fighter IV (Coming Soon)

I have my L1 and L2 set as three punches and three kicks, respectively. I've been set like that since Street Fighter Alpha II.

I haven't gotten the costume packs yet but I'll guess I'll do that tonight. I've been rather busy with everything so I haven't been really playing.

On another note; I'm so upset with Guile, his somersault gets stuffed by everything; soo upset.

However Honda got much better; I'll crouch and just jab->short->HCB+P command grab. Seems like it has like an eighty percent success rate; and a hundred percent in the corner. I've also been playing the heck of Dan. His HCB+KKK is great! It seems like it has a lot of priority over a lot of things. That and his back dash is hilarious to me for some reason.

I have my L1 and L2 set as three punches and three kicks, respectively. I've been set like that since Street Fighter Alpha II.

I haven't gotten the costume packs yet but I'll guess I'll do that tonight. I've been rather busy with everything so I haven't been really playing.

On another note; I'm so upset with Guile, his somersault gets stuffed by everything; soo upset.

However Honda got much better; I'll crouch and just jab->short->HCB+P command grab. Seems like it has like an eighty percent success rate; and a hundred percent in the corner. I've also been playing the heck of Dan. His HCB+KKK is great! It seems like it has a lot of priority over a lot of things. That and his back dash is hilarious to me for some reason.

I understand you man. I'm a guile player at heart, my left thumb would always get sore from charging all the time when I was playing SF2 HD Remix. Guile is too weak in SF4 and a lot of people complain about his flash-kick. And his super, that's the hardest move ever.

I have been beaten by guile players, maybe twice since I've owned the game, and both was a close-match, not a beat-down unlike some matches with Bison or Blanka.

This game should have a lobby, so we can have a nsxprime tournaments.

niM

Last edited:
I'm at 4250 and I hate loosing 128 points. Speaking of that, I was playing earlier, 10 won in a row matches = 10 points. I swear man, SF4 searching sucks. And the sad part is, half of those players are actually good players and I got pretty close on loosing. geesh. hurry up capcom and fix this..

niM

Damn...you must play very well. I've been playing for a week and the highest I got was 1300 points and went down hill from there....

My SN on there is EvilRyu99 if anyone want to play. I have no idea how to add friend on there yet.

Damn...you must play very well. I've been playing for a week and the highest I got was 1300 points and went down hill from there....

My SN on there is EvilRyu99 if anyone want to play. I have no idea how to add friend on there yet.

I'm okay, there's a lot more technical players out there especially Ryu players. I actually went down to 3900, you guessed it, lost from a low thousand point player TWICE! I should play with a different user name, I want to win 128 points for a change.

I'll try to add you tonight man.

niM

Man, most of the time I get 1 points from a game. Even with 2000+ players, I get like 5 points.

This is sad and taking forever to accumulate points. blah.

niM

Finally got a hold of one of those madcatz joysticks. UPS just dropped it off.

I can't wait to try it out

IMG00479.jpg

Finally got a hold of one of those madcatz joysticks. UPS just dropped it off.

I can't wait to try it out

IMG00479.jpg

Congrats on the stick but that looked like the SE (Standard Edition) and NOT the TE (Tournament Edition) stick. Lots of reviews regarding SE fight sticks = crap. They're saying that it seems that capcom put more time and effort on fight pads than these sticks. The Tournament Edition is considered the best fight sticks ever. It uses all authentic japanese arcade parts (Sanwa), the TE is basically a piece straight from the original street fighter 4 arcade cabinet including the graphics and design of the box.

Here is a good video review of the TE and SE sticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1e4k3Myyak

I read up a lot about these sticks because I thought I was going to get the TE from a friend of a friend. Unfortunately, what he was selling was the SE stick.

I didn't buy it but I tested it out anyway and I found that the stick is kinda too loose and the buttons are hard to the touch.

Please do share your experience with your stick though.

niM

I gave up Street Fighter for a few days because the system keep on deducting my Grade Point and Battle Point for no reason. It keep on saying "previous tournament did not complete properly" and my disconnect shoot up to 7%.

My bad....I didn't look carefully enough. He is right. If you can give it back do so and pay the extra for the TE stick. Even get a Hori if you can.

2 of my friends had trouble with that stick after a week or so. :(

I've played with the joystick and although it is miles better than the regular 360 controller, I don't think it was worth the amount that I paid. There are still instances where the fightstick does not respond like I expected it to.
I may just put it up on ebay. I'm going to give it some more time before I do.

I gave up Street Fighter for a few days because the system keep on deducting my Grade Point and Battle Point for no reason. It keep on saying "previous tournament did not complete properly" and my disconnect shoot up to 7%.

Tell me about it man. I was so ready to throw the controller to the TV. hahaha. Since the championship mode came out, I've lost about 2500+ GPs total. I should be up by 9000GP now. =( The most I lost from signing in was 600+. That was like 4 hours of gaming. Though its fun with points or not, but I like ranking-up so I can play with better guys and improve.

Although, I've never lost any of my BPs but then again I stopped playing ranked mode when I updated. The championship mode consistently gives you players on your rank so every match is a good match.

There's a work-around regarding the championship mode bug if you are interested. Its not 100% but I was able to keep my GP for a week.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...ampionship_mode_Problems&post_num=8#288194193

niM

I've played with the joystick and although it is miles better than the regular 360 controller, I don't think it was worth the amount that I paid. There are still instances where the fightstick does not respond like I expected it to.
I may just put it up on ebay. I'm going to give it some more time before I do.

Sorry to hear about that man. The good thing about your stick is that its very easy to modify. You CAN and most people do is buy the Sanwa parts (stick and buttons) which are the exact parts from the TE and arcade cabinet. You basically pop-off the stock stick and buttons from your SE and change it with sanwa parts.

I don't know the part numbers BUT they're everywhere in the net right now. Last time I read was parts are sold-out though, and its about $70 shipped.

Yes, this will bring your cost to $140-150 BUT TE sticks are $150 from the store, but they can't be found and ebay sellers wants atleast $250 for it.

niM

I did some research because I'm very interested on this and maybe some of you will be interested.

http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

Look for Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable, its a Sanwa stick that is a drop-in replacement for Mad Catz SE Sticks. You need the mounting plate because apparently the screws on the SE sticks strips when you look at them.

Here is the link for the buttons.

http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/pushbuttons.shtml
look for Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbutton. They are direct fit and snaps right in.

Everything seems to be in stock too so..

Now I want to get an SE stick..

niM

I did some research because I'm very interested on this and maybe some of you will be interested.

Look for Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable, its a Sanwa stick that is a drop-in replacement for Mad Catz SE Sticks. You need the mounting plate because apparently the screws on the SE sticks strips when you look at them.

niM

Nim,

So are you saying you would buy the fight stick and then switch out the joystick and buttons with the parts you linked to? This would be better than buying the Tournament Edition stick?

niM

Thanks

I'll look into this.

Those tournament sticks are so expensive with the markup

Nim,

So are you saying you would buy the fight stick and then switch out the joystick and buttons with the parts you linked to? This would be better than buying the Tournament Edition stick?

Yes Roger, I'm saying that I'll buy a Standard Edition Fight Stick ($69.99) and replace the stick and buttons with the parts linked above.

I really want a stick but part of me doesn't want to because of another learning curve. =)

niM

Thanks niM

I'll report back once my fightstick has been modded and used.

Back