• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stroker + turbo

What are the advantages of running a stroker 3.4L/3.5L vs stock stroke when building a low compression motor for turbocharging?

You can achieve a similar power horsepower level with a 3.2 or a 3.5. The advantage of the stroker is that you can make your desired HP target with less boost while making more torque. My 3.5 with twin GT2860 turbos makes 548 WHP with only 10 PSI. I couldn't be happier with my setup. It is a Comptech / Driving Ambition built 3.5 with SOS twins.

You can achieve a similar power horsepower level with a 3.2 or a 3.5. The advantage of the stroker is that you can make your desired HP target with less boost while making more torque. My 3.5 with twin GT2860 turbos makes 548 WHP with only 10 PSI. I couldn't be happier with my setup. It is a Comptech / Driving Ambition built 3.5 with SOS twins.

Nice setup. I thought you had lovefab and a Jim Elkins build back in the day too?

that's awesome! seems worth while option in my case.

My crank highly likely needs replacing, i have a spare motor but considered, tried justifying the expense of a stroker kit that came with a new crank so that i could retain the value in the my spare motor and possibly sell it to cover the stroker kit cost.

I'm looking at the Brian Crower kit with 93mm pistons which i think equates to a 3.4L. I believe you can get the 3.5L from 94mm pistons but would rather go smaller to give me the flexibility of replacing pistons if i ever need to in the future.

I guess the performance gains and benefits are mainly from the change in stroke and not because of the increased size of piston?

I would be going from a C30A 3.0 to a 3.4 Stroker.

- - - Updated - - -

How does a boosted Nsx sound with a stroker?

Would it sound any different from what it currently sounds like boosted on my C30A 3.0?

Back