• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suggestion for April NSX Meet-up...

Miguel Cela, former NSXCA member (previous owner of my car) and owner of the auto boutique "Auto Affair" in Danville CA will be hosting an Exotic car gathering on April 29th. Tickets to park in the "corral" cost $35.00 and proceeds from the event will go to a Wheelchair Foundation. Basically the shopping center parking lot will be reserved for all cars registered for the event, which is sponsored by the Silicon Valley Auto Group.

I talked to Miguel today and some of the exotics that are confirmed to be there include a couple of Ferrari Enzo's, Carrera GT, Mercedes SLR to name a few. :biggrin: Cars of the same make will be parked together, kind of like the Concorso Italiano. There will be over 100 exotics there! He said that he would love to see a corral of NSX's there. I told him that I would bring it up on Prime and try to make sure that we have a healthy NSX showing! I believe that Mike from Detailing Dynamics (white93nsx) will be there showing his Porsche. Attached is the event Invitation describing the event. Each person that parks in the corral will receive a "Goodie Bag." Anyway, if anyone is interested PM me your email address so that I can send you a registration form.

Attachments

• AutoAffair Event Invitation.JPG
    AutoAffair Event Invitation.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Great to see the NSX's coming out! So far there are 4 NSX's, 3 of them CTSC'd! I even think there may be an Open Road Racing Championship NSX there...right Tom? :biggrin: Can you guys PM me an email address so that I can send you the registration form as well as the official invite?

I just talked to Miguel today and he said that he can guarantee 20 spots for the NSX corral. He should be able to accommodate more if needed. He requested that people intending to park their cars in the corral send in the registration forms as soon as you can so that he can gauge the # of entries. He also told me to stress that "this isn't a Concours event and is more geared for fun" and any NSX, clean or dirty, is better than none! :biggrin: He also said that if people don't want to park their car in the corral but want to donate the $35 to the charity you can do so by specifying on the registration form. If you have any questions regarding the event feel free to call him at the shop (925) 838-2488. So far here's the list of NSX'ers who have verbally agreed to attend...

1. ryan1926
2. RAVN NSX
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
5. mikeh (possible corral :biggrin: )
6. TomKing123 (possible Open Road Championship Car - '92 NSX :eek: )

Count me in.

1. ryan1926
2. RAVN NSX
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
5. mikeh (possible corral )
6. TomKing123 (possible Open Road Championship Car - '92 NSX )
7. tk

tk said:
Count me in.

1. ryan1926
2. RAVN NSX-can't make it.
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk

Completely forgot i have to be in the Bahamas on that weekend:biggrin: . Now if someone's willing to take my car to this, we can talk.:wink:

1. ryan1926
2. RAVN NSX - (maybe his car)
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk
8. drclee

Hi all! Here's an email that I received from Miguel today explaining some of the fundraising events for the wheelchair foundation...

"Hi Ryan
Thanks for inviting the NSX folks. I look forward to see your beautiful NSX (still hope one day I can get it back!!) as well as other NSX's in our show.
As I mentioned on the phone, and just to clarify, the $ 35 registration fee is used to subsidize our organization costs for this event.
Fund raising for the Wheelchair Foundation will come from the following sources:

1-The Wheelchair Foundation will have a tent with many cool items donated by my store and other local businesses which will be auctioned during the event. For example, we will have raffles for a week-end free rental on a Bentley provided by Silicon Valley Auto Group, a free week-end yacth tour of the Bay provided by Dana Yacths, car logo clothing, collectables and other cool stuff donated by my store, wine, fashion, and many other great items.

2-There will be wine tasting hosted by the Foundation for a modest fee.

3-There will also be present volunteers from the Wheelchair Foundation accepting voluntary contributions from exhibitors, visitors and other people attending the event.

4-Any other donations for the Wheelchair Foundation that NSX people would like to mail, should be sent by check issued to the order of the Wheelchair Foundation.

Ryan thanks again for your interest in participating in this event.
MIGUEL"

I forgot to add Ron to the list...

1. ryan1926
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk
8. drclee
9. RonNRaiders

Nice...10 and counting! Don't forget to get those registration forms in before the end of March.

1. ryan1926
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk
8. drclee
9. RonNRaiders
10. racerex

Last edited:
Adding NSX-Tuner (Gary) to the list as a "Maybe." Remember to try and catch the March $35.00 registration fee before it goes to $50.00. :smile:

1. ryan1926
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk
8. drclee
9. RonNRaiders
10. racerex
11. NSX-Tuner (maybe)

Just a reminder that today is the last day to get a corral ticket for $35.00! :smile:

1. ryan1926
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk
8. drclee
9. RonNRaiders
10. racerex
11. NSX-Tuner (maybe)
12. mickeylex (I'll take the check to the shop). It's five minutes from my office.

mickeylex said:
1. ryan1926
2. RAVN NSX - (can't make it!)
3. NSXBRO2
4. 02#154
7. tk
8. drclee
9. RonNRaiders
10. racerex
11. NSX-Tuner (maybe)
12. mickeylex (I'll take the check to the shop). It's five minutes from my office.
sorry, i can't make it!

Updating the list of attendees in the corral....

1. ryan1926
2. NSXBRO2
3. 02#154
4. TomKing123 (possible Open Road Championship Car - '92 NSX )
5. tk
6. drclee
7. RonNRaiders
8. racerex
9. NSX-Tuner (maybe)
10. mickeylex (I'll take the check to the shop). It's five minutes from my office.

MikeH also said that he might be there spectating. Mike from detailing dynamics will also be there showing his Porsche. I talked to Miguel earlier today and he said that he has 4 NSX's registered. Hopefully that # will go up!

I went by Miguel's shop today to drop off the fee and the registration form. He is a really nice guy and has an awesome picture of Tony Kannan riding in (what was then) Miguel's NSX. Ryan, that's awesome - your car!

He says he already has confirmations from one Enzo (possibly two), three Carrera GTs, Mercedes SLR McLaren, Ferrari F50, several P-cars (911 mostly) and the worlds only yellow McLaren F1 (there is only one yellow one, right?). Many other cars have registered as well, but those were the ones that jumped out.

It sounds like a great event. We get to help raise money for the Wheelchair Foundation, there will be wine tasting, good restaurants nearby, driving school instructors to talk with, prizes, and the list goes on.

He is a really nice guy and has an awesome picture of Tony Kannan riding in (what was then) Miguel's NSX. Ryan, that's awesome - your car!

I keep bugging for Miguel to give me a copy of the pic with Tony Kanaan. Hopefully one of these days he'll have some time to make a copy for me. :smile: I'm glad you got a chance to chat with Miguel. He is a great guy and this should be a great event!

I took the picture of Miguel giving Tony Kanaan a ride in his NSX. It was a parade lap prior to the race at Laguna Seca. I may have the negative and if I locate it, can get some prints made.

Back