• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sun visor repair?

The seams on my 91 grey visors are also split so most interested in replies

Jim

My 1992 Tan interior sun visors also split. I just covered it with black electrical tape. It may be a ghetto fix but is is better than buying replacement visors and does not look that bad.
Image0020.jpg

Image0019.jpg

Image0018.jpg

Image0017.jpg

Image0016.jpg

I too have been looking for a solution but found the dealer too costly...and they could only source one side. The other side is no longer available domestically. I then unsuccessfully tired to purchase two from a non-domestic source. I then settled on the purchase of two passenger side visors which I wanted for their vanity mirrors. I ended up with one brand new driver side sunvisor that's never been used, and two passenger side visors

After visitng several shops (who turned down the job) I then found a small local auto upholstery shop who fabricated two color matched (grey) leather sun visors, each with a vanity mirror. The units do not have fabric on one side, vinyl on the other as with the stock units so they do creak sometimes. I figured this was a small price to pay to get rid of the ugly cracks.

These units are back in the shop for a redo since I was unhappy the plastic post attachement, and the interference produced by the center sunvisor. I hope to get them back before the New Year and will take photos to share with Prime members. Depending on the interest, maybe the shop can do others via US mail service. Not sure if the work would include repair to the internal clamp that typically fails to hold up the visor.

During the brief period that I had the visors mounted in the car I concluded that the original design of these visors is poor. I usually positioned them by swinging them forward to avoid hitting my forehead when leaning slightly forward. I own a '93 coupe and wonder if this problem was corrected in subsequent models. Also note that the refurbished units do not have any warning labels as with the originals

Last edited:
I just bought new ones. OOOOOOOOOOOOuch.:redface:

Dare I ask how much new visors set you back? Mine are split but I am in no hurry and always wondered how much a new set would cost vs. a re-upholster or whatever you call it with the visors...:confused:

We are currently working on aftermarket replacements that we hope to have available soon.

regards,
-- Chris

Please have a "low profile" option, as the existing visors are too tall for me to even see out the windshield with them down. I'm not even terribly tall either. :cool:

Dare I ask how much new visors set you back? Mine are split but I am in no hurry and always wondered how much a new set would cost vs. a re-upholster or whatever you call it with the visors...:confused:
Honestly I can't remember because I was slowly converting my Ivory to black. Of course I found out they don't come in black, they come in gray.:rolleyes: Nonetheless I've sunk alot of $$ changing colors.:redface: I pretty much went by this parts link for everything.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

Thanks Chris.

I own a 1991 with Ivory interior. I will be purchasing a complete set of driver/middle/passenger sun visor if/when they become available.

I have thought about taking them in to get them recovered, but I like the OEM look with the correct warning writing on them. I want to keep it as stock/original as possible.

For those of you who need a tan vinyl to cover them yourselves, I found some here in Phoenix that is almost a perfect match to the rest of the interior!

I could help you locate the same if you'd like!

I know thread is old but does anyone know is the visors are the same on all non targa NSXs? I have a 94 and the tan is discontinued, but if I go to 95 they show black available.

They are not the same. Targa ones are less narrow

Rusted_nailz I understand that non targa and targa are different. My question was the part numbers from 94-95 are different (94s not available) (95s are available) im refering to both non targa. My question was is there a design difference or possibly just an upgrade.

I can only comment that in '95, all NSX's delivered to the US market were targa hence NSX-T. Coupe was brought back in '96-'01. Definitely a design difference between 94-95 in your context.

I find them pretty much useless in the NSX. I'm 6ft tall and given the windshield angle on nsx and seating position etc all these contribute to the fact that when visor is "deployed" it covers too much. Plus there is nothing better than good pair or polarized sunglasses. Aside from the fact that I like to keep everything original/oem on the car I would be interested if there would be nice machined pieces available to plug mounting points after removing visors completely.

Last edited:
Back