• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Superchargers esp Gruppe M

I have had my beautiful 91 NSX for 6 years now, and am feeling like making some upgrades. I would appreciate some feedback from those of you with Superchargers. It seems the advantage of the Comptech is the retaining of stock engine cover, whilst the Gruppe M looks to be a simpler conversion.

I know that one of us has the Gruppe M installed, and would love to hear an update on how the system is running, and if possible a comparisom with the Comptech.

Thank you, and thank you also for this extraordinary resource of NSX Prime. Wonderful work by true enthusiasts.

I have not seen the Gruppe M kit, but I can not imagine it is easier to install than the Comptech kit. The Comptech kit came with the blower assembly and fuel rails already mounted on an intake manifold and it just bolted right on. Took me two days in my driveway, no problems. And, I had one of the first kits made, they are a little better engineered now.

Anybody know which supercharger is the core of the Gruppe M unit? Eaton? One of the things I like about the Comptech kit is that it is based on the Whipple unit, which is the most thermally efficient and volumetrically efficient supercharger design available.

There was a recent shoot-out of the two units on the big list. Both of the CT and M's super produce similar HP, but the M produce quite a bit more torque. Also for the same money($10k), the M supercharger kit comes with beefed up pullys, bigger injectors, and retains the stock intake manifold(you know the one that Honda engineer spent countless hours designing).

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

Back