Survey for you NA2 owners

Do you have aftermarket headers on your car?

• Yes, Comptech, SoS, Topspeed or other

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No, the factory tubular headers are still on there

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
I have a CTSC and CT-Engineering exhaust on my NA2, still using stock headers. From what I read aftermarket headers on a NA2 isn't worth it, very minimal gains (~5hp?). However, I think the gains will be slightly better if you are supercharged, but maybe not by much.

what is the theory behind this poll? I can see the obvious interrest in your other poll with the na1 manifold vs header poll.:confused:

I'm interested in bringing a "better header" design to the market; obviously I need to see what kind of market there is.

My "better header" design would include a design specifically geared towards supercharged applications, as a header for an NA car is NOT the best header for an SC car.

interresting..I lack the engineering ability to improve on whats already out there....so I wish you much luck in your R&D ....

I wanted to get CT headers, but the bang for the buck isn't there. Maybe 5hp. How much more could actual SC header add? 10-15?

Cody's(Lovefab) headers have shown significant gains for FI nsxs. Not sure just headers alone would give any gains(cost vs hp gain) on an NA2.

I have Comptech Supercharger,Headers, and Exhaust.They all seem to work real well together.Just got back from a Spirited Run down the Calif Coast to Big Sur.Car is FAST!!!

Here is Ct Engineering Chart showing expected gains with just Headers,Headers and Exhaust,Headers ,Exhaust and SC

http://www.ct-engineering.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=iFtcEf-5TD4=&tabid=861

I just don't believe those numbers at all. The airbox makes 7 more RWHP? I don't think so. Headers with 18 RWHP gains -- unlikely. Look at most of SOS charts and its not even close to that with a much larger blower.

I have Comptech Supercharger,Headers, and Exhaust.They all seem to work real well together.Just got back from a Spirited Run down the Calif Coast to Big Sur.Car is FAST!!!

Here is Ct Engineering Chart showing expected gains with just Headers,Headers and Exhaust,Headers ,Exhaust and SC

http://www.ct-engineering.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=iFtcEf-5TD4=&tabid=861

That's great but IMO there's probably a good amount of power to be gained from supercharger-oriented headers. I know eventually a lot of SC owners want more power and turn to things like more boost, etc.

There is most likely a better cam profile as well for a positive-displacement type supercharger, but that's yet another project!

Back