• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suspension Question

This is my second nsx and I have noticed the same issue as the first and have yet to figure out what it is. Perhaps its just a common issue. Here is the problem:

When going at high speeds on the highway (70+), when you change lanes the front tires seem to wiggle. Mind you this is just a feeling i get in the steering, the car does not wiggle at all. I have noticed at low speeds that a 3-5 degree turn of the steering (left or right) is quite loose. however beyond that the steering is very tight. Is this common? I dont think my tie-rods are bad. Like I said I had this issue on both my nsxs. Tires are fine. To reiterate, when crossing lanes (when you hit the little lane bumps) you get the sensation in the steering that the tire wiggles a little.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Waqaas

This is my second nsx and I have noticed the same issue as the first and have yet to figure out what it is. Perhaps its just a common issue. Here is the problem:

When going at high speeds on the highway (70+), when you change lanes the front tires seem to wiggle. Mind you this is just a feeling i get in the steering, the car does not wiggle at all. I have noticed at low speeds that a 3-5 degree turn of the steering (left or right) is quite loose. however beyond that the steering is very tight. Is this common? I dont think my tie-rods are bad. Like I said I had this issue on both my nsxs. Tires are fine. To reiterate, when crossing lanes (when you hit the little lane bumps) you get the sensation in the steering that the tire wiggles a little.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Waqaas
You say that the tires are fine, are they fine new (if they are that could be the problem). If the tires have less than 300-500 miles on them, you could be experiencing tread squirm, other than that, I'll let others weigh in.

It's not normal.

It could be a lot of things - the bushings in the steering system, the wheel bearings, etc.

Mine use to wiggle and gave an unstable bouncy feel, until
i changed the front outer tie-rods. Cured it all.
( yes, had the steering rack bushing changed as well )

Waqas your first car you wrapped around a tree/pole hence wiggle and pull probably had frame damage:biggrin: . Worst case scenerio you got frame damage on this one, but more than likely its tie rods and old rotten tires that need replacement and balance, especially if it has been sitting for a while.

Waqas you should have bought my car ahhaha:biggrin:

In response to NSXFriend, my first car got totaled so it's not like I can drive a totaled car let alone assess its wiggle (which occurred before I had the mishap). Second, this car has no accident no scratch not even a paint chip. Both Body shops and acura dealerships have gone through it and found nothing even close to any kind of damage. I am thinking it has to be the bushings. That makes sense.

In the future if you don't have anything useful to say don't say anything at all. Especially making useless comments about someone's car which you have never seen. We are all very protective of our vehicles here so lets be nice!

Thanks everyone else for your feedback!

In the future if you don't have anything useful to say don't say anything at all. Especially making useless comments about someone's car which you have never seen. We are all very protective of our vehicles here so lets be nice!
Thanks everyone else for your feedback!

I have not seen your second car but I gave you advice on your problem your welcome.

Here is some advice that might save your life since you can't take a joke.

Don't flip people of on the freeway your liable to getting shot and run off the road for a third time, two accidents fine the third may be your last enjoy.

Back