• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

T3TEC ABS Upgrade Wiring?

I'm baffled.

I completed a 00+ ABS Upgrade (kit ordered from Mita) but have a persistent ABS light that won't shut off.
Unfortunately I received no instructions from Mita on the harness, so I am largely verifying based on service manuals.

Mita provided me with the NEW T3TEC harness (https://www.nsxnet.com/parts_detail.php?pid=10615&fromnew=1)
- Ground and power eyelets checked good, ABS module is snugly connected

This new T3TEC harness introduces a loose green wire pinned to pin 15 (of the orange 18P connector). Accordingly to the 1997-2005 Service Manual, this aligns to the ABS indicator light relay.
Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 4.52.11 PM.png

I also found that the T3TEC harness connects the supplied relay to pin 17 (of the orange 20P connector), which is unused!
Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 4.54.45 PM.png

Looking back at the 1991 service manual PDF that includes schematics, I find that pin 17 (of the 20P connector) and pin 4 (of the 18P connector) are spliced connecting to the ABS Indicator (no relay is noted).

Couple questions:
1. What is the relay included with the T3TEC harness for? Is it the indicator light relay, motor relay, or BOTH?
2. Where should the loose green wire connect to? My assumption is the relay, instead of how it is presently connected.
3. Am I chasing down a bunny trail unrelated to my problem?
4. Where can I find a 00+ wire diagram?

Thanks all for any/all help.

I'm baffled.

I completed a 00+ ABS Upgrade (kit ordered from Mita) but have a persistent ABS light that won't shut off.
Unfortunately I received no instructions from Mita on the harness, so I am largely verifying based on service manuals.

Mita provided me with the NEW T3TEC harness (https://www.nsxnet.com/parts_detail.php?pid=10615&fromnew=1)
- Ground and power eyelets checked good, ABS module is snugly connected

This new T3TEC harness introduces a loose green wire pinned to pin 15 (of the orange 18P connector). Accordingly to the 1997-2005 Service Manual, this aligns to the ABS indicator light relay.
View attachment 168241

I also found that the T3TEC harness connects the supplied relay to pin 17 (of the orange 20P connector), which is unused!
View attachment 168242

Looking back at the 1991 service manual PDF that includes schematics, I find that pin 17 (of the 20P connector) and pin 4 (of the 18P connector) are spliced connecting to the ABS Indicator (no relay is noted).

Couple questions:
1. What is the relay included with the T3TEC harness for? Is it the indicator light relay, motor relay, or BOTH?
2. Where should the loose green wire connect to? My assumption is the relay, instead of how it is presently connected.
3. Am I chasing down a bunny trail unrelated to my problem?
4. Where can I find a 00+ wire diagram?

Thanks all for any/all help.

First question is what year NSX do you have? Different models have different pin layouts.
Next, the included relay is for the ABS light on your dash. If you are using the genuine Z03 NSX ABS module, the standard relay is sufficient. If you are using an AP1 module, you will need a solid-state relay to make the light work correctly.
I am not sure with how T3TEC does their harness, but for the ABS light relay circuit:

1. Connect +Ve to the Input Positive side of the relay. I just use IG2.
  2. Connect WALP to the Input Negative side of the relay.
  3. Connect ABS light bulb (WARN) to the Output Positive side of the relay.
  4. Connect GND to the Output Negative side of the relay.

Credit to [MENTION=25737]Kaz-kzukNA1[/MENTION] for the above. I'm sure he will chime in here.

Hope this helps.

First question is what year NSX do you have? Different models have different pin layouts.
Next, the included relay is for the ABS light on your dash. If you are using the genuine Z03 NSX ABS module, the standard relay is sufficient. If you are using an AP1 module, you will need a solid-state relay to make the light work correctly.
I am not sure with how T3TEC does their harness, but for the ABS light relay circuit:

1. Connect +Ve to the Input Positive side of the relay. I just use IG2.
  2. Connect WALP to the Input Negative side of the relay.
  3. Connect ABS light bulb (WARN) to the Output Positive side of the relay.
  4. Connect GND to the Output Negative side of the relay.

Credit to @Kaz-kzukNA1 for the above. I'm sure he will chime in here.

Hope this helps.

Whoops, totally forgot to include my MY. It's a 1998.
Full disclaimer: I have resolved the issue thanks to a response on Facebook. I am responding as it might help someone in the future. Actually, I'm sure it will.
MITA did not include the T3TEC instructions in my shipment, which resolves my issue concerning the wiring configuration.

There are three potential configurations for the latest T3TEC ABS Upgrade Harness using the NSX Modulator (and equipment)
1. Requires the additional relay, as supplied in the ABS Upgrade Harness
2. Requires a connection from the 18P to 20P harness, due to the ABS Dash Light connection
3. Requires a loopback on the 20P connector, provided by T3TEC

I do not have the wiring schematics for 97-99 nor 00-05. I only have the schematics for 1991, which led me to where I found the discrepancy.

For my configuration, which represents 1997-1999, I use configuration #2 . I have a relay already (behind driver's seat), but it requires replacement to a different P/N from the OE. I assume this is related to inductance, but I do not have information on the relay differences...

So, for future readers: assuming you have done all of the necessary wiring checks but still have a ABS light that fails to extinguish... ensure you have the right configuration of the T3TEC loom for your type.

My brakes are still a little spongy after three bleeds... so I'll be a minute before the car is back on the ground.
After a header replacement, oil pan gasket, ABS upgrade, and rubber brake line replacements - I am ready to drive this car again.

I have never installed the latest version of the T3TEC ABS Loom yet so I could be wrong but based on their design philosophy, I would be surprised if they designed the loom in a way requiring the original factory relay (97+, behind the Left side seat) to be replaced with different spec.

When you turn the IGSW into P2 On, does the ABS light switch On immediately and after 2sec, switch itself Off?

Kaz

I have never installed the latest version of the T3TEC ABS Loom yet so I could be wrong but based on their design philosophy, I would be surprised if they designed the loom in a way requiring the original factory relay (97+, behind the Left side seat) to be replaced with different spec.

When you turn the IGSW into P2 On, does the ABS light switch On immediately and after 2sec, switch itself Off?

Kaz

yes, it does now given it’s in the correct T3TEC wiring configuration.

previously it turned on and remained on.

Whoops, totally forgot to include my MY. It's a 1998.
Full disclaimer: I have resolved the issue thanks to a response on Facebook. I am responding as it might help someone in the future. Actually, I'm sure it will.
MITA did not include the T3TEC instructions in my shipment, which resolves my issue concerning the wiring configuration.

There are three potential configurations for the latest T3TEC ABS Upgrade Harness using the NSX Modulator (and equipment)
1. Requires the additional relay, as supplied in the ABS Upgrade Harness
2. Requires a connection from the 18P to 20P harness, due to the ABS Dash Light connection
3. Requires a loopback on the 20P connector, provided by T3TEC

I do not have the wiring schematics for 97-99 nor 00-05. I only have the schematics for 1991, which led me to where I found the discrepancy.

For my configuration, which represents 1997-1999, I use configuration #2 . I have a relay already (behind driver's seat), but it requires replacement to a different P/N from the OE. I assume this is related to inductance, but I do not have information on the relay differences...

So, for future readers: assuming you have done all of the necessary wiring checks but still have a ABS light that fails to extinguish... ensure you have the right configuration of the T3TEC loom for your type.

My brakes are still a little spongy after three bleeds... so I'll be a minute before the car is back on the ground.
After a header replacement, oil pan gasket, ABS upgrade, and rubber brake line replacements - I am ready to drive this car again.
I have a 91 that just finished installation of the system with an NSX modulator. ABS light is on. Should one of the 3 options be performed on my car to get rid of the light?

Back