• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taking NSX on a 15k mile trip...need suggestions.

Welcome aboard, joove. Sounds like a nice trip. You'd have a hard time with the magnet thing on the NSX though. :D

Welcome to the board, joove!
When you go through Montana, Meeyatch1, you'll pass through Glacier Nat'l Park. Be sure to stop at the top of "Going to the Sun Rd." (don't worry, it's on your way through from East Glacier to West Glacier) and check out "Hidden Lake." It's a short hike, but a beautiful sight!
When you get to Washington State, swing by Spokane. There's not much room at my house, but you're still welcome to stay over night. I have car wash and wax, too, and I'll hook you up with some eats and the best espressos ever. Shoot me a PM for my cell#.

Dave

KGP: Totally forgot about the magnets and the aluminium thing.

I loved my last trip so much I think I'll do another soon in the NSX. This time, maybe prepack some decals cut from that white protection tape the transport guys use. Should be easily peelable I should think.

Has anyone tried to remove their passenger seat and put in a cage or something like that there for an additional "trunk". Would be sad to go on a month long trip and cut down on supplies because of lack of space.

In any case..Meeyatch1, some of the important things to not forget.

1. A reasonable Invertor for DC->AC conversion for charging your laptop, camera, cell phone etc. 12-15$ at frys or local equiv.

2. Maybe get yourself a sprint/AT&T Data card so your laptop can be on their networks. Would be amazing to update your blog every 100 miles or so. Sitting in your car at a rest stop somewhere, contacting ppl with IMs and updating the forums would be a priceless thing.

3. Explore the http://wwmx.org site that microsoft research is hosting. See if they could actually sponsor your trip as well. They are sponsoring some guy's trek through a few natl parks so he can post his photos along with their GPS coords. Your trip will be much more valuable to their collection of photos I should think.

4. Cut down on clothes. Take along the smallest collection you can get away with. I hardly ever use more than my jeans and a T shirt. Washed often ofcourse :).

5. Plenty of the chewy bar type stuff.

6. If you dont wash your car along the trip (ouch) will it make it less attractive to random ppl who would like to key-it/bust it etc ?

Meeyatch, congratulations on the trip. I did GA ->MI -> NY and back down 95S and 85S to GA in a Maxima over the summer, and if I could have done it in a NSX I definitely would have. If you have more time, I'd say take it. My trip took a month and it was rushed a little bit. Got to see old friends, and a few new places. Like other folks have said, take your time and enjoy the trip. As far as what to take, I think most folks have covered it but:

OEM Bra and fuzz buster (think you covered)
MP3 changer/Satellite radio (western PA wasn't good radio at all)
Emergency roadside kit and simple tools
Extended life battery for cell phone and computer
List of service centers on your route
Good supply of film
GPS (Atlas if you're like me)
Extra set of keys and key code
Copy of car/medical ins. card, license, registration, and other docs.

Also, check and see what's along your route. Only thing out of my way I saw was the Naval Academy campus, and I wish I'd made a few more sightseeing stops. Have fun...I envy you for doing 15k in the NSX.

Just read through this post! How many times does he need to say, "He doesn't care about mileage or anything else!" And I think we all get the idea that he is not literally driving the boarder, but as close as ANY roads will allow. The man loves life and his NSX. God Bless him! :)

tochigidream said:
Welcome to the board, joove!
When you go through Montana, Meeyatch1, you'll pass through Glacier Nat'l Park. Be sure to stop at the top of "Going to the Sun Rd." (don't worry, it's on your way through from East Glacier to West Glacier) and check out "Hidden Lake." It's a short hike, but a beautiful sight!
When you get to Washington State, swing by Spokane. There's not much room at my house, but you're still welcome to stay over night. I have car wash and wax, too, and I'll hook you up with some eats and the best espressos ever. Shoot me a PM for my cell#.

Dave

Thank you...I appreciate that. I am still trying to get the time of the trip planned out but will keep you in the loop.

Blackhorse6 said:
Just read through this post! How many times does he need to say, "He doesn't care about mileage or anything else!" And I think we all get the idea that he is not literally driving the boarder, but as close as ANY roads will allow. The man loves life and his NSX. God Bless him! :)

LOL!! Yep...it took a while, but I think most people just had a hard time realizing that there are people out there like me that really could care less about resale value or miles, in favor of fun and life experiences. I will drive it for as long as the car will go. :)

Back