• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tall Oil Filters Available

THIS DID NOT HAPPEN - AS PER BELOW. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD

The NSX Club of Canada has, through our incredible prowess, fast running and basically by out smarting everyone else, secured an incredible amount of tall oil filters.

We are making these available to NSXCC members at a cost of C$10 each, plus shipping in batches of 10. Those who wish to pick up their filters in Toronto will be able to do that too. TO BE CLEAR, NSXCC IS MAKING A PROFIT ON THESE. ALL PROFITS WILL GO TOWARD THE CLUBS OPERATIONS TO PROVIDE YOU ALL WITH BETTER AND MORE EVENTS.

Please note your commitment to buy them here. IF there are left over filters, we will open it up to non CC members.

I will maintain a running list of those who commit within this post.

Once they're gone, they're gone. These are sold out in the US and they are hotter than a ticket to Saturday Night at the CDN Embassy.

If you want fewer than 10, either take 10 and offload them on EBay, or find a friend who'll split with you. We will not divide up below batches of 10 (at this time anyways).

The tall oil filters are important because Honda is moving to the smaller ones that are used on Preludes (I think). They have less capacity. Less filtering reserve. Plus, they're for Preludes!

Commited:
Dave
Sean
John
Brad (20)
Shawna
Henry (20)
RJ
Nathan
Ian
Stu
Derick (20)
Rick
Brad M
Bash
Jedrzejek Rick
Tony
Garrick
Jim

Our US Friends:
Larry (40)
Neal
NSXMan2001

Last edited:
Are these good for my 95? Is this an OEM one that I;d get when I go to do the oil changes? Sorry - not up on my car needs, since it's not a bike :smile:

I will definitely take 20(if you got em).
What a score!!!

Last edited:
In for 10.

I heart Dave
icon_koolaid.gif

In for 20 please

Score crush washers for everybody as well.
Don't want to see anybody using or flipping the old one around.

(Several Acura's and Honda's to satisfy, and no plans to change that)

Brad

I'm in for 10.

Hey - my infraction disappeared!! Now I'm just like everyone else :frown:

Wow, big deal.
I was going to get 100 a few months ago and sell them off, but thought it a stupid idea to rob all the filters from Canada and sell them away.
My cost was 6 bucks each.
So now that you have done this, for a few peoples good, where does a regular guy get one.
I think I'm just in a crabby mood, so don't take this personally.
Trev

Dude, I better be on the list!!! :)

Rick replied to my email, he'd like 10 as well.

I'm going to see If I can get more - we're looking "sold out" please keep registering though, just be slightly prepared for disappointment.

Jedrzejek Rick
would like 10 as well.

I've got 9 right now but I'll take 10 more. I have to say, I'm suprised that Honda would discontinue the production considering the car was only discontinued 2 years ago. I mean, these cars are still under warrantee!

I'm pretty certain that the NSX is not using Prelude filters as they are not only shorter, they are much small in diameter. I've got a bunch of Prelude filters I use for my Accord. They must be using a filter from another car that is shorter but has the same diameter.

So does that mean the shorter filter is just shorter in life or also deficient in filtering abilities? It's hard to know how much life is left in the filter without cutting it open and having it analysed... maybe we are changing the filters too often... just be blabbing on because I haven't been on the forums lately... :smile:

Back