• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tan or black interior???

I just picked up an 03 LBB with tan interior. The interior is in like new condition but Im trying to decide if it makes sense to change to black interior. I want to do a gunmetal wheel and carbon center consol but I feel like these wont look good with a tan interior. I have located black carpets and seat covers with suede in the middle, all I need would be the plastics. Also if I do it right which I would, I could sell the tan stuff for a good chunk of what the black will cost me and since its done right it shouldnt hurt resale later.
Those are my thoughts. What would you guys do??

well if you want to rip out the dash, carpet, door panels and seats, seatbelts, side sills, gas door lever, trunk release lever, center armrest, all 4 rear panels
b-pillars rear.

to change all this or to buy it all new, or swap with someone with mint black would be insane. then your gonna need to explain why you swapped everything
to the new buyer if you ever sell it. the new buyer may think the car was flood damaged and not reported. etc.

I would leave the car As-is and I dont think I have ever seen an LBBP with black interior but I may be mistaken.

LBBP/Black never heard of it.

Like Vi3tBoy said, it's all a matter of personal preference. Personally I think the LBB and tan is a sexy combination. Changing out the interior plastics will also be very pricey unless you find someone changing out their interior in the opposite direction.

A lot of work to change the interior to OEM spec black, but I also think it would look better. Tan seems more luxurious, but black works better matching other colors. Just be sure to document all the changes and this thread would also help when reselling.

Last edited:
I agree with Shawn 100%.

It will absolutely hurt resale value.

well if you want to rip out the dash, carpet, door panels and seats, seatbelts, side sills, gas door lever, trunk release lever, center armrest, all 4 rear panels
b-pillars rear.

to change all this or to buy it all new, or swap with someone with mint black would be insane. then your gonna need to explain why you swapped everything
to the new buyer if you ever sell it. the new buyer may think the car was flood damaged and not reported. etc.

I would leave the car As-is and I dont think I have ever seen an LBBP with black interior but I may be mistaken.

LBBP/Black never heard of it.
Yes it's quite a job there are so many color code pieces.
I'm fairly sure i've seen at least two LBBP's with a black interior in real life (one a Honda other a Acura) recall seeing them on prime as well.

Anyway I would like a tan interior, it complements the interior design nicely.
Any two tone interior really makes the NSX look more alive from the inside, black is just one big black nest your sitting in (although pretty as hell certainly with contrast stitching)

I get what everyone is saying but most parts are black. Just a few pieces of plasctics$(KGrHqVHJEYFCblBg389BQ)lF3khV!~~_4.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I will just get new seat skins with black suede in the centers to try to tie it all in. Can always remove that.

I get what everyone is saying but most parts are black. Just a few pieces of plasctics
Ohh it's more than a few pieces, it's certainly very doable but costly.
maybe a black carpet and seats is a idea.

It sucks the Honda interior program is offline that would have allowed you to play around with idea's

It is very costly to do as my tan interior was somewhat trassed and I decided to go black. Panels, carpet, trim etc ran me almost $6K. Looks nice but correct it may hurt resale but if you keep your old stuff to show the new buyer you may be okay. Its all up to what you want and what you want to spend. Its an NSX and deserves the best.

Cheers.

little more than a few parts LOL I agree 100%

take a look some parts are not even pictured
$(KGrHqVHJEYFCblBg389BQ)lF3khV!~~_4.jpg

your only chance is to find someone wanting the tan, have both cars in the same shop and swap away. dash alone will take about 4-5 hours. and thats with someone that has done it before someone that knows little about how it all goes together will def break tabs, strip bolts etc. so a novice would take about 24 LOL possibly

Dash is black

- - - Updated - - -

$(KGrHqF,!rMFB6nUCrU6BQ)lFE!HTg~~_4.JPG
Maybe black carpet and re-skin the seats with black suede center is the way to go. That will cost 2k start to finish and I can keep original parts for re-install later if needed.

For less than 1000 bucks you can rewrap the seats in black. I think that might get you pretty close to the look you want and still have a little contrast with the tan. I personally love the tan interior!

This place will make new seat covers for you.
https://www.leatherseats.com/

That interior looks great. I wouldn't touch it. I think there's better things to spend time and money on. Get new seats if you want. GOD that steering wheel is fugly. I have to get rid of mine.

That tan interior is ugly. I know it cuz mine is tan too. If I ever change it to black, i would go complete oem including the seats. Going to be really pricy. Blue with black interior and gun metal wheels would look awesome.

The steering wheel is so bad. That will be part of my interior when I do it. I do agree its going to be hard to do and costly, but not that hard if I can find the plastics... Blue with black interior, gunmetal wheels, and CF NSX-R spoiler. - F'ing sick! Thats the look im going for but I just dont see it working with tan interior. I felll like I would have to do a silver wheel an paint match the spoiler but thats only if I give up on black interior

Last edited:
Live with it for a bit before making any radical adjustments. I personally greatly prefer the tan interior as it lightens up the interior a bit, but it is a matter of personal preference. I do know for sure that I would be very gun shy as a buyer about picking up an NSX with a swapped out interior. There are lots of parts to switch out and are easy to break if not done properly. I know that I broke lots of clips when pulling off the back panel to do my iPod install.

I have an '05 LBBP and black. I like the blue and would be happy with your interior or the blue interior. This is the only photo I have showing my interior. Oh, and I HATE the steering wheel too but don't want to mess with it. I just don't like how big it is compared to my S2000.

me121006.jpg

Last edited:
You should pm CarolineNSX for picks of his black/tan interior. I think you'll be suprised at how nice it looks.
Of course, everything about his car is nice.

Back