• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tan or black interior???

Black/Tan!

Stock_Interior.JPG

Give it a two-tone look, luxury and sporty.

^Love it, Caroline! I think it looks great in a Berlina but don't think it would look so hot in long beach blue pearl.

Last edited:
^Love it, Caroline! I think it looks great in a Berlina but don't think it would look so hot in long beach blue pearl.

Thanks Kyras!

I'm not sure if it would look hot or not but I know one thing it will look much better than what it is now. The full tan just look too boring and not so clean looking. Why not try it out before wasting all the money doing the full black? You never know it might come out very nice. He can start there and if he don't like it he can always go all the way with the black and it will be a couple less things for him to worry about :eek:

I think that car is pristine... Leave it be! If you want blue/black then buy one that way. Just good advice-

The two tone is swanky. love it caroline! My friends father builds million dollar jets and ALL of them have that same black/tan interior. love!

Where did you locate the black plastics? I was thinking of doing something like black carpet, black door speakers, and re skin the seats with somthing like this:
http://www.eurocarnews.com/media/pictorials/1170/5289.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think that car is pristine... Leave it be! If you want blue/black then buy one that way. Just good advice-

Im just happy I got a showroom condition car in my first color choice. The interior, well for the price I paid Ill take care of that myself

Last edited:
This interior color is my all time favorite. It's in my sister's Maserati. The exterior is very similar to LBBP.

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

No, that's pretty much the actual color. It's like a really rich, fine Italian boot or something.

Damn the interior of that maserati is hot. The leather is probably the same leather that I've seen on ferraris. Really classy looking. Makes the nsx tan color looks like crap.

This interior color is my all time favorite. It's in my sister's Maserati. The exterior is very similar to .........

Go black! Tan interior equals barf for me, but everyone has their opinions. For me personally I would never purchase a car with a tan interior.

From an owner of a pure 100% stock NSX, and a purist, I'd say leave as is. The tan compliments most colors red, LBB, black Green etc.......The tan is nice, I have black but would have preferred the tan interior.

^Do the photos make it look a little more orange than it is in real life?
No Maserati's are that orange it looks awesome i believe certain BMW individual interiors come in a similar tone
I've seen it in Bentley GTC's as well very nice look.

A prime member with a cherry 91 has contacted me and is willing to swap my tan for his black. Does anyone know if there are any parts that will not swap or be different in any way?

From an owner of a pure 100% stock NSX, and a purist, I'd say leave as is. The tan compliments most colors red, LBB, black Green etc.......The tan is nice, I have black but would have preferred the tan interior.

+1 Again personal preference. Leave as is. I would accent the seats, door panels and center console with brown stitching. I say enjoy the tan interior for a while and decide later, the tan will grow into you.
My 1 cent. Good luck!

Im not knocking tan, I know myself and tan is not for me. I have the chance to swap it out so why not take it. I just want to know if everything will swap over from a 91-03

Last edited:
Floor mats are different. I believe this is what the old ones looked like:

5-sl0-251.jpg

You also will no longer have the perforated leather, the older models had the gathered leather seats.

I have the chance to swap it out so why not take it
Its your car, so I agree do as you choose. Just hope you aren't planning on a quick sale as this will diminish the resale. I know I wouldn't buy a 2003 with a swapped out interior.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info but the mats are not a consern. Im really talking about plastics.
I dont think it would hurt the value much if I can document the change was done out of personal choice and with all OEM parts. Would'nt bother me at all if the seller could prove there was no damage and most people prefer black anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info but the mats are not a consern. Im really talking about plastics.
I dont think it would hurt the value much if I can document the change was done out of personal choice and with all OEM parts. Would'nt bother me at all if the seller could prove there was no damage and most people prefer black anyway.

This is pretty clost to what Im going for just in red.IMG_9890.jpg Wouldnt this look so much better with a black interior? I just think the tan interior does not match the aggressive look of the exterior

Last edited:
Back