• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targa Adelaide NSX

Hi Guys had a ball at this yrs Targa Adelaide even though very wet had a ball with the traction control turned off for both the Wednesday night prologue driving around the pavilions of the Adelaide Show Grounds and Saturday through some of the best roads the Adelaide hills have to offer.

Unfortunately both the GoPro and in-car camera's didn't record the prologue but here's one of the stages on Saturday.

Fast forward the first 3.00mins to miss the pre stage chat.

Last edited:
wow that looks like fun!

A Navigator mate of mine crashed out in a 87 BMW M3, said the roads were greasy as . Always wanted to do this, not willing to risk my NSX though :(

Yeah I saw a M3 and a bunch of other comp cars crashed on Sat however we all have to drive to the same conditions.

Even though I know these roads very well it was heaps of fun with the traction control turned off and wasn't holding back but no where near flat out.

Targa racing imho is a very dangerous form of motor sport I play around the edges with Targa and would never race for sheep stations.

Last edited:
What Tyres were you running Les ?

Yeah I saw a M3 and a bunch of other comp cars crashed on Sat however we all have to drive to the same conditions.

Even though I know these roads very well and was have heaps of fun with the traction control turned off and wasn't holding back but now where near flat out.

Targa racing imho is a very dangerous form of motor sport I play around the edges with Targa and would never race for sheep stations.

I can't believe you're in a competitive stage and you're not wearing helmets!??

We entered as a Club Tour group no helmets or roll-cages were necessary and we had to keep to the posted speed limits however with very wet roads and a very heavy right foot we pushed the limits of our class. The guys in R35 GTR in front of me wore helmets but they had 700+ hp to play with.

- - - Updated - - -

What Tyres were you running Les ?

R-spec Dunlop Sport Z1.

I have had Toyo R888, Bridgestone RE55 and Kuhmo R-spec tyres but these Dunlop's are at another level of grip and handling.

That looked awsome! very jealous you had the opportunity to do this, I cant help but notice you mentioned at the end you had 30 degrees in the rear tires, sorry if this is an armature question but what did you have to measure tire temp?

Also what exhaust are you running, sounds great =)

That looked awsome! very jealous you had the opportunity to do this, I cant help but notice you mentioned at the end you had 30 degrees in the rear tires, sorry if this is an armature question but what did you have to measure tire temp?

Also what exhaust are you running, sounds great =)

Thanks yeah it was awesome fun tried to get some of the Adelaide NSX group to join in but had no luck would be great to have a NSX only entry of 10 unfortunately the cars are willing but not the owners.

I have a TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) pic attached it sits in the ashtray and has each tyre temp as well.

As for the exhaust its a full custom hand made headers with a Magnaflow muffler very loud in-fact too loud for the road but sounds great.

Edit: I am on a number of forums NSX Prime is the only one I have problems with uploading pics eeeerrrr

Last edited:
Back