• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Tarox BBK anyone

Anyone here still a vendor. TOM B. are you?
Looking for a GREAT PRICE on the 10 and 6 pots.

Tom's website is here. I see Brembo kits but not Tarox.

Dali Racing has the Tarox kits:

Front Kit 16 with 10 Piston Caliper $2500
Front Kit 16 with 6 Piston Caliper $1800
Rear Kit with 6 Piston Caliper $1800

They look like this:

tarox_6pist_kit_im.jpg

nsxtasy said:
Tom's website is here. I see Brembo kits but not Tarox.

Dali Racing has the Tarox kits:

[
Thanks ken, If I am reading his glowing lights correctly (?) It seems as if he doesn't have them in stock.

Tan, thanks, I'll pass on the wilwoods.

len3.8 said:
Thanks ken, If I am reading his glowing lights correctly (?) It seems as if he doesn't have them in stock.
Sorry, I didn't bother looking at those. And now I can't even check them, since Dali's website is down. Oh well, sorry...

I don't know much about brakes. What advantages is there going with a 10 piston vs 6-piston? Aren't the brembos 4? and OEM just 2?

Thanks.

The main thing is this. Pad size. more pad=more bite. Problem is, 2 pistons can not cover every square inch of the pad to be effective, so many pistons are used, to have equal force along the pad. Also the leading edge pistons are smaller, while the trailing are larger, to give equal force across the pad. This will wear the pad evenly.

I am one of the rare owners that did the big brake upgrade just because I did not like how the car looked with large rims and insanely small OEM disc behind the wheels. All the other benefits to the brake upgrade was just a bonus.

Tan

But aftermarket brake won't stay still up hill:D :tongue:

Tantheman said:
I am one of the rare owners that did the big brake upgrade just because I did not like how the car looked with large rims and insanely small OEM disc behind the wheels. All the other benefits to the brake upgrade was just a bonus.

Tan

I am not a brake expert so i am not sure it is a good idea for me to post-- just trying to help.

When i was researching what brake kit to put on my nsx i was told to be concerned with how much fluid needs to be displaced for the new system versus the old. What i'm getting at is the OEM master cylinder and booster were designed to displace the stock pistons in the stock caliper and the system is designed to displace X amount of fluid in the front versus the rear.

More pistons might be require more or less fluid displaced versus stock depending on number of pistons and size and you want to keep the system balanced front versus rear. I personally would not want say 10 pistons up front if they needed more fluid then the master could displace OR if i wasn't able to keep the balance right by having the appropriate number of pistons and displacement in the rear.

In the end keeping the balance was most important to me and as such i elected to upgarde both front and rear and go with the brembo brake kits and parking brake. Even with this common setup i had heard rumors of balance problems (front to rear or specifically too much rear bias) B/c of this i worked with brembo usa (the guy that spoke at nsxpo2003) and they confirmed that my kit would not upset the car. I have been very happy with the kit. NOt trying to sway you off tarox, i don't know anything about them... just trying to make sure you ask questions to make sure the balance of your car will not be effected OR to make sure that you know that it will be effected and have a plan to fix (either via prop valve or by pad compounds front versus rear)

Hope this helps and does not confuse the issue

Tom

socalx said:
I am not a brake expert so i am not sure it is a good idea for me to post-- just trying to help.

When i was researching what brake kit to put on my nsx i was told to be concerned with how much fluid needs to be displaced for the new system versus the old. What i'm getting at is the OEM master cylinder and booster were designed to displace the stock pistons in the stock caliper and the system is designed to displace X amount of fluid in the front versus the rear.

More pistons might be require more or less fluid displaced versus stock depending on number of pistons and size and you want to keep the system balanced front versus rear. I personally would not want say 10 pistons up front if they needed more fluid then the master could displace OR if i wasn't able to keep the balance right by having the appropriate number of pistons and displacement in the rear.

In the end keeping the balance was most important to me and as such i elected to upgarde both front and rear and go with the brembo brake kits and parking brake. Even with this common setup i had heard rumors of balance problems (front to rear or specifically too much rear bias) B/c of this i worked with brembo usa (the guy that spoke at nsxpo2003) and they confirmed that my kit would not upset the car. I have been very happy with the kit. NOt trying to sway you off tarox, i don't know anything about them... just trying to make sure you ask questions to make sure the balance of your car will not be effected OR to make sure that you know that it will be effected and have a plan to fix (either via prop valve or by pad compounds front versus rear)

Hope this helps and does not confuse the issue

Tom

Thanks Tom.
The brembo's are on a friends car, he hates them and had nothing good to say about them. I have had the brembos on other cars and they are great. The Big dollar kit he has with the bias adjustment just does not do it for him. I have no problem accepting what he has decided about the Brembo's. I have checked with the Bias issues with the Tarox, as you have made an excellent point.
With different pads front and rear others have been able to dial out the Bias that they had experienced with the different BBK's.
AP brakes are also a possibility.
Thanks for the reminder.
Len

Hey old buddy
PM Devin PaynNsx he can get them for you at a good price.
Holler at me fool! :biggrin: :wink:

I have a tarox break kit on my car. I had it on the car for about 3 years now.

I have a 1995 with stock rims 16/17's. I wanted a kit that would fit under the stock rims and at the time this seemed to be the only solution.

I have 6 pistion calipers up front and the stock calipers in back.
I have the G88 rotors on all 4 corners.
I believe the front rotors are 12' and 13' in rear. The kit provided a bracket
that moved the stock rear caliper out to accomodate the larger rotor.

I have been very pleased with this kit. At the time I ordered it from an outfit
in Italy. I believe they have since gone out of business.

I installed the kit myself. It was very easy.

The kit came with pads, Stainless Lines, brackes/all hardware, ft calipers and 4 rotors. I paied 2500 euro at the time ~$2200

I could not find Ferdo replacemnt pads for the Rear.
I have since gone to Cobalt Friction Panther Plus pads.

The rear pads seem to last 1/3 to 1/2 as long as the front pads.
My rotors are holding up very well. No cracks and still have material left.

I track my car alll the time. I have never had an issue with fade or break fluid
boiling. I am using SRF. I chose this due to the High wet boiling point.

I believe Science of speed sells this kit.

I woudl buy this again. I have been very pleased.

Later,
Don Templeton

RP-Motorsports said:
The main thing is this. Pad size. more pad=more bite. Problem is, 2 pistons can not cover every square inch of the pad to be effective, so many pistons are used, to have equal force along the pad. Also the leading edge pistons are smaller, while the trailing are larger, to give equal force across the pad. This will wear the pad evenly.

Pad size has nothing to do with bite. Bigger pad size means better pressure distribution and heat resistance. Also last a little longer.

Friction = Normal * Coefficient of Friction. It doesn't mentione anything about area.

The more pistons simply mean it distribute the pressure better. This was widely popular a few years back. But recently, the major brakes company like AP and Brembo found out that this doesn't necessarily true.

len3.8 said:
Thanks Tom.
The brembo's are on a friends car, he hates them and had nothing good to say about them. I have had the brembos on other cars and they are great. The Big dollar kit he has with the bias adjustment just does not do it for him. I have no problem accepting what he has decided about the Brembo's. I have checked with the Bias issues with the Tarox, as you have made an excellent point.
With different pads front and rear others have been able to dial out the Bias that they had experienced with the different BBK's.
AP brakes are also a possibility.
Thanks for the reminder.
Len

Len,

this is definitely news to me. AFAIK, brembo usually do their homework thoroughly.

You mentioned he has the bias adjustment for his brembo, which might be the contributing factor. We experimented with this bias valve to reduce the front bite initally which at this time we found out that the bias valve don't exactly work the same left to right. This was fairly easy to detect as the car pull to one side upon braking. Even Tilton finally admitted this.

We tested them for the rear with the Comptech powertec, and also found out that this bias valve is impossible to dialed in good left to right. Although on the rear, we have to install a pressure gauge to know since because this affect rear brakes the car won't pull and harder to detect.

In the end we found out the car works great without the bias valve. This after we spent close to $500 in parts (6 different bias valve all together).

nsxnut said:

Later,
Don Templeton

Hi Don,

I kind of doubt this, only since Cobalt Friction does not make the Panther Plus, they are made by Carbotech:). Cobalt Friction (Andie Lin) makes the VR's, but not sure if he makes them for Tarox.

Regards,
LarryB

Andrie Hartanto said:
Len,

this is definitely news to me. AFAIK, brembo usually do their homework thoroughly.

You mentioned he has the bias adjustment for his brembo, which might be the contributing factor. We experimented with this bias valve to reduce the front bite initally which at this time we found out that the bias valve don't exactly work the same left to right. This was fairly easy to detect as the car pull to one side upon braking. Even Tilton finally admitted this.

We tested them for the rear with the Comptech powertec, and also found out that this bias valve is impossible to dialed in good left to right. Although on the rear, we have to install a pressure gauge to know since because this affect rear brakes the car won't pull and harder to detect.

In the end we found out the car works great without the bias valve. This after we spent close to $500 in parts (6 different bias valve all together).

Thanks Andrie, I appreciate the input. I have the Big reds on a 911 and Love them. I will continue to consider all of my options and not close my mind on one opinion.

Thanks Larry B., I also called Andy Lin last night.
Len

nsxnut said:
I have a tarox break kit on my car. I had it on the car for about 3 years now.

I have a 1995 with stock rims 16/17's. I wanted a kit that would fit under the stock rims and at the time this seemed to be the only solution.

I have 6 pistion calipers up front and the stock calipers in back.
I have the G88 rotors on all 4 corners.
I believe the front rotors are 12' and 13' in rear. The kit provided a bracket
that moved the stock rear caliper out to accomodate the larger rotor.

I have been very pleased with this kit. At the time I ordered it from an outfit
in Italy. I believe they have since gone out of business.

I installed the kit myself. It was very easy.

The kit came with pads, Stainless Lines, brackes/all hardware, ft calipers and 4 rotors. I paied 2500 euro at the time ~$2200

The rear pads seem to last 1/3 to 1/2 as long as the front pads.
My rotors are holding up very well. No cracks and still have material left.

I track my car alll the time. I have never had an issue with fade or break fluid
boiling. I am using SRF. I chose this due to the High wet boiling point.

I believe Science of speed sells this kit.

I woudl buy this again. I have been very pleased.

Later,
Don Templeton

Thanks Don.
You named one of the reasons I am looking for this kit.
I have a set of track wheels that would work perfectly if I had this kit, thus keeping my track adventures at a minimal expense (relatively). Less cost and more availability when it comes to track tires. 17s all around.
I also run the SRF, with stainless lines.

Len

Back