• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS light comes on now.....

Need help guys....

Brought the front and rear suspension down for repair of bushings etc. Put it all back on yesterday without any problems until this morning when i drove it, the TCS light was coming on. Turned it off temporarily but can anyone tell me what i may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance

What tire sizes are you using, and what year is your NSX? Non-stock tire sizes which significantly alter the outer diameter ratio between front and rear are the most common reason for the TCS activating. Perhaps it is just coincidence that this happened when you worked on the suspension.

Running the same tires as before. I had that problem before and some prime members gave me the correct tire ratio to fix the problem. did not happen again. only now that when i brought down the suspension.
Could i have missed a sensor or something?

The yellow TCS light? If it is, my yellow TCS stays on when I pull the fuse. Maybe you'll get lucky and have it be a bad/blown fuse. Its in the engine bay.

The difference is, my light comes on at ignition and stays on.

You mention having suspension work done. I bet they damaged the wires or sensors in the process. Couldn't be much else.

Last edited:
That's what i am thinking. it comes on when i accelerate and the car kinda chokes after.
Where do i find the wires or the sensors please?

Running the same tires as before. I had that problem before and some prime members gave me the correct tire ratio to fix the problem. did not happen again. only now that when i brought down the suspension.
Again, it could just be coincidence. Some tire sizes allow the TCS to work okay when new, but then the TCS has problems when the rears wear down faster than the fronts. But if you don't want to tell us your tire sizes, that's okay - we just can't rule that out as the cause.

That's what i am thinking. it comes on when i accelerate and the car kinda chokes after.
Where do i find the wires or the sensors please?

Interesting - my TCS started coming on fairly often under acceleration too, after I changed wheels and tires.. I wonder if they nicked my speed sensor wires somewhere? Will take a look when I put in a new suspension in the next week or two.. My sizes were supposed to be within acceptable ratio for TCS too.

-Josh

Personally, I'd just pull the fuse and live without TCS but the yellow light stays on. That's what I've done with my TCS for 30,000+ miles now. I just don't like the TCS.

Back