• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS light on. Help?

96, 44k miles.
TCS light came on. Turned off car, restarted light came back on. Removed 7.5 radio fuse. Restarted light came back on. Disconnected battery for a minute. Still TCS light came back on. Tried shorting out 2 wire blue connector to get codes. TCS light just stayed on, did not flash codes.
Hooked up Autel Maxis scanner and it was incapable of communicating with the TCS system even with the TCS connector shorted. The engine systems communicated with the scanner. Data and codes retrieved with no problem. It indicated code P0135, which incidentally the light came on within 15 seconds of the TCS light coming on. I can't believe a O2 sensor could cause the computer to set a TCS code. Maybe just coincidence. Anyway the TCS switch does NOT light up when I press it to try and turn the TCS on and off.
What do I do now?

Thanks,
Tom

The TCS light seems to come on when the MIL/CEL comes on, at least in the OBD2 cars. I'd address the MIL and see where you are at.

Last edited:
Do you have a shop manual?
A read of the TCS section would help you.
I think the fuse you need to pull to reset the TCS is the 20A ALB fuse not the radio fuse.
There are more trouble shooting steps in this section as well.

As JW mentioned, forget the TCS, fix you bad 02 Sensor and you will be fine;)...

Thanks JW and Larry. You were spot on. I replaced the upstream O2 sensor that had the shorted out heater circuit, and while I was at it I changed the other upstream as well. Got the sensors from science of speed. They come in pairs for a great price. Cleared the code fired it up no TCS light, no codes and sensors switching beautifully.
THANK YOU AGAIN, REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
Tom

Back