• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tennessee Meet (March) Tail of the Dragon

Ah c'mon Mitch, you know you wanna. :)

I would much rather drive than be at work on a Saturday. Eventhough I have only been to 1 Dragon event that was dry and warm in the last 5 years. Every other time it seems to rain. :frown:

yeah that seems to be my problem with the dragon as well.

Ive been twice.

One time it rained on and off the whole weekend.

The other was hot and sunny.

So mine has been 50/50

Wish I could be there guys. It is busy season for me, so I will be working. :(

Haha, I am supposed to be working in Nashville all day Thursday but if the weather is clear for my drive i will be MIA (It's good to be Union :wink: ). If the weather is good i will be passing through Nashville Thursday morning, Non-Stop.

Comon, DELEGATE :biggrin:

well just dub me the official weather man of the trip.

What looked good yesterday they have changed their minds once again.

74 on friday partly cloudy.

72 saturday 60% chance of showers expected all day

64 sunday 60% scattered showers

Hopefully you are wrong, like most Weather men :tongue: .

Last edited:
They've changed once again

THE ENTIRE WEEKEND!

Mostly sunny and around 70degrees!

Lets cross our fingers that this sticks!

Not looking good again.

Friday
Isolated Thunder storms.

Saturday showers But only 40%

High 60's throughout the weekend.

Somebody should update the original Head list...

Myself and member Bowlcut will be attending.

Is everybody else that originally was planning still attending. Its been awhile since some of the people on the original list posted.

Somebody should update the original Head list...

Myself and member Bowlcut will be attending.

Is everybody else that originally was planning still attending. Its been awhile since some of the people on the original list posted.

You're on the list. There doesn't seem to be a NSXprime member named bowlcut.

The REVISED UNOFFICIAL PLAN:

Meeting Spot:
There is a gravel parking area just before the Dragon that overlooks Chilhowee Lake. I've attached a couple maps of the area. This ought to be a good spot for the TN side people, the NC side people and give the earlybirds plenty of time to pound the dragon before there is any traffic.

(click for bigger)

Time:
Be there with a full tank of gas, a full stomach and an empty bladder at 9AM. Don't be late.

Proposed Agenda:
9:00AM be at the Chilhowee meeting spot
9:30AM leave the spot for a nice drive
Lunch in NC somewhere (suggestions?)
Afternoon Drive back through the park
Group photos on top of clingman's dome
Optional Group dinner dinner (Gatlinburg area suggestions?)

Route:
TBD at the meeting point. I am thinking something like this.

(click for bigger)

Notes for those staying on the TN side:

We're meeting at 7:30am at the
Up the Creek Grill
352 Fountain View Cir
Alcoa, TN 37701

we will leave for the Dragon at 8:00am

Last edited:
Some motivational pictures, credit to killboy for the first one:

7537IMG_1102.JPG

7537DSCN1959.JPG

7537DSCN1948.JPG

7537DSCN1965m.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

One thing I usually forget to mention is to bring 2-way radios. They are great for communicating with the group while on the road. We can discuss the channel once we all meet up.

When I booked my reservation for the room, they said I could cancel right up until 6PM on the day of arrival so you can quit obsessing over the weather. It is going to change 30 more times and we can back out right up until the last second.

I'm going to talk to Titanium on Tuesday to finalize the route for Saturday. MJK's route looks pretty good so we'll see. Regardless of how we do it, you guys will have as much or more twisty road time than you ever need. Especially if you have never been down there. There is something for every personality. It will work out.

:cool:

I agree about the weather... It's already changed and looking good again for the weekend.

Here are a few pics of the meeting point that overlooks Chilhowee Lake, at least I think it is what MJK is talking about. Mirrorshades and Titanium should remember these pictures!

DSC01678_1.jpg

DSC01681_1.jpg

DSC01679_1.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

Here are a few pics of the meeting point that overlooks Chilhowee Lake, at least I think it is what MJK is talking about.

I'm not sure if that is the one I referenced or not from the pic. They all look pretty similar.

From TN:
Pass the Foothills parkway on US129
Drive over the bridge (just a little one)
Pull over at the decent sized gravel spot you see
If the road goes away from the water, you went past it.

From NC:
Drive until you see water.
Stop if you see NSXs
When you see the foothills parkway or the bridge, turn around and follow the TN directions.

Hey MJK, are you going to be running the Smurf Bra during the weekend?

:tongue:

Gotta swing by Home Depot and see what the tape options look like. Thinking about trying something different for '08. Hello Kitty would obviously be my first choice, but these aren't bad either.

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Pink.jpg
    Pink.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Purple.jpg
    Purple.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 38
Well i got tired of using weather.com. So i went to another weather forecaster.. And they said even worse news.

I hope it changes. But I have to plan ahead for weekend trips. You local guys should understand people out of town stressing about the weather.

The forecast really hasnt changed much either. They called for rain this weekend 10 days out. I think at 8 days out they changed to no rain. But now they are back and staying back for the moment.

For me if its cloudy it doesnt neccesarily need to be raining. But if the roads are just wet and remain wet for the day its still going to suck...

Once again keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully the forecast changes for the better:redface:

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s.
Saturday and Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Lows in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Back