• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test pipes

Good evening. Looking to get rid of my cats on my 1991 NSX. One of them is making some type of noise. I have a Comptech exhaust and headers. I want to try putting test pipes on in place of them. Anyone have any suggestions for which test pipes, will it be any louder (like annoying louder) I don't care if it is louder or not just don't want it to be too loud inside or out, smell bad in doing so, or any other issues from anyone who did this. I would appreciate any and all feed back before doing so. Thanks, in advance,

Mike

Your comptech exhaust is heavily baffled enough to where it will likely not sound obnoxious with test pipes in place of the cats. As for increase in smell inside the cabin, as long as you use new gaskets and seal everything up nicely it shouldn't be much of an issue except maybe at red lights and such. As for which ones to buy, there are so many out there.

http://www.rf-yamamoto.com/NSXexhaust/5.html

Back