• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanksgiving Drive/meet?

Red

Legendary Member
So this year I have a lot to be thankful for - especially my new NSX!

Anyone interested in a drive and get together on Monday the 10th (in GTA) to talk about cars, mods, etc?

I might be in the area on Mon, anyone thinking about going? I will be in the Concord area Sat afternoon if anyone is around? :smile:

sounds great, i'm in...my brother will also join us in his WRX (dont underestimate it lol :biggrin: )...

Last edited:
I'm in. I might bring my cousin with the S2000. When will the details be posted?

One thought was come to my place for Pizza and Beer (or wine, scotch, port or grappa) (and swimming for the braver folks) - My driveway will hold 6-7 cars no prob. so don't be worried!

Another is we do a drive and end up somewhere for lunch or dinner (could be my place again for pizza and beer!) :biggrin:

I'm at Bayview and York Mills (near 401) but I have no invested interest in my place, it just seems easy!

(If someone can tell me how to post a picture I can post a map)

What are the votes for a drive vs. get together or both? (I'd assume drive would start at 10:00 at Yorkdale and we'd go for a few hours and wind up somewhere at 1:00 for lunch)

OK, I'm planning a route that will take us to a twisty country road that my wife goes on with her motorcycle friends and loves.

The plan will involve avoiding highways and staying at the speed limit - being the Monday of the last "summer" holiday I'm sure there will be more cops out than the easter parade!

So the plan will to meet at Yorkdale at 10:00, I'll have route maps for everyone.

If you guys want to come "just" for the beer part, then it'd be my place around 1pm.

PM me for a map

be careful guys..

Easy on the gas pedal this weekend all.. OPP will be using their airplane unit..

so if you're gonna be up someone's rear, or aggressively switching lanes back and forth, or in a convoy going to some event, consider yourself warned..

Every lane change you make, every time you brake, they’ll be watching you.

“Now there’s a police presence in the air and by the time they see the police car, it’s too late,”

The eye in the sky will be monitoring the 400-series highways starting Friday, looking for motorists whose driving habits may be putting others, and themselves, at risk.

The air and road blitz continues until the rush home ends Monday night.

Bumped into another NSX'er last night in a parking lot, and told him about the meet. He may be able to make it as well. Turns out this is the same black NSX that I've seen in the Jane/Major Mac area. So now we have a 3rd NSX in the Maple area...

Speaking of which: Angelo, are you up for this get-together?

tumbler said:
be careful guys..

Easy on the gas pedal this weekend all.. OPP will be using their airplane unit..

so if you're gonna be up someone's rear, or aggressively switching lanes back and forth, or in a convoy going to some event, consider yourself warned..

Every lane change you make, every time you brake, they’ll be watching you.

“Now there’s a police presence in the air and by the time they see the police car, it’s too late,”

The eye in the sky will be monitoring the 400-series highways starting Friday, looking for motorists whose driving habits may be putting others, and themselves, at risk.

The air and road blitz continues until the rush home ends Monday night.

Agreed! The plan will be to take a city street and country road route, no real speeding - I figure we gotta be a cops wet dream on a holiday monday!

If anyone is worried about the drive, skip it and come to the meet, we'd rather see your car close up anyways!

I've invited my next door neighbour to bring his new Ferrari 430 - he's not sure if he can get away, but he'll try - I figure it'll be fun!

The NorthEast USA NSX'rs seem to do this a lot.

Here's a link to their last weekend drive (with Picts):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58189

If we can build a regular crowd for this I'm sure we can get the F-cars out as well - don't want to be upstaged by the Ameri-Cans! :biggrin:

Agreed, we should definitely do a lot more of it, especially since we now know so many local members. It's unfortunate that we didn't get to do this when the weather was a bit nicer! I'm sure if we plan out a good event, we can easily get the ferrari guys to show up as well. It's really fun going for a spirited drive with a bunch of exotics!

Speaking of which, I think they're doing a childrens wish foundation get-together on the 16th at Mosport.

Unfortunately Monday's weather is looking a bit shaky (rainy). Do we have an alternate plan? Just meet up at Red's place or go for lunch somewhere?

Children's Wish Day at Mosport

I know a few people that are going to be involved in the Children's Wish Fundraiser day at Mosport. Basically, the morning is set aside for the sick kids to go for rides in various exotic sports cars including a few dedicated race cars. I believe Doncaster Racing and Pfaff are the major sponsors who will be organizing this event. I would imagine Doncaster will be bringing at least one of their GT3 racecars. Later in the afternoon, the public will be allowed to go out for rides at $20 for two laps. For more info (schedule, contact, etc) on this event, visit the Mosport website. There is a link on the website to the event flyer and registation form for those that wish to take part in the lapping.

Arshad said:
Bumped into another NSX'er last night in a parking lot, and told him about the meet. He may be able to make it as well. Turns out this is the same black NSX that I've seen in the Jane/Major Mac area. So now we have a 3rd NSX in the Maple area...

I was on my way up to Barrie today and saw a '91-'93 NSX (Berlina Black) heading up 400 North towards Vaughn Mills area....I wonder if it was the same car. Looked stock, but oh so good!! :D

Red said:
...If we can build a regular crowd for this I'm sure we can get the F-cars out as well - don't want to be upstaged by the Ameri-Cans! :biggrin:

Hey now!! Canadian- American hybrid here!! Watch it!! LOL!! :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Hey now!! Canadian- American hybrid here!! Watch it!! LOL!! :D

WRT - "Cans" I was referring to the cars! :wink:

:cool:

Guys, let's get this finalized. Who's in for tomorrow?

Given the weather situation, it may be better to skip the drive and just meet at Red's place or for lunch somewhere. If the weather then clears up, we can always go for a run after that.

I'm ok with driving down even if it's raining but I know some people don't like taking their car out in the rain.

So... can we get a roll call of who's definitely coming (irrespective of weather)?

OK,
Asuming rain - lets do this as a meet and greet, if the weather clears, we'll drive after, otherwise, it'll just be a day of talking cars!

My place: 11am, if weather is clearing/good we'll drive at 1:30 sharp leaving from my place.

Now, getting to my place:

My Address is: 70 Bayview Ridge, North York, On
You can get a great map off of: http://maps.google.com

If you're too lazy to print a map:
Take 401 to Bayview
Take Bayview South
1st major intersection is York Mills (AKA Wilson West of Yonge St)
go south past next traffic light (small light, no right turn street)
Just past lights is bus stop on North corner of BAYVIEW RIDGE
Right on BAYVIEW RIDGE
now you are on a street shaped like a tennis raquette and you are on the "grip"
stay left as approach the "circle" (there's an island before the circle)
As you go around imagine you are doing a 180, I'm exactly at the top
#70 is on your right, you'll see a gated drive on your left (#61) just before you'll see my place (It looks like a break in the trees, and there is a little wall with the number on the right side of my driveway near the road.

If you are the first in, drive all the way around and park closest to the garage(s), there should be room for three cars across there, the next cars will fit in two wide, then two more and then one and then two just off the road. (Should be enough!?)

I will serve Pizza, beer/wine/things made with vodka, if there's anything you would like to specifically eat, bring it - my wife is out of town and I'm a shitty host!:biggrin:

Please don't plan on getting too liquered up if you're going to drive - there I said it!:wink:

Any issues/concerns/etc. call me: 416 258-8527

I plan on being there...If it rain, I"ll come for the meet and greet at Red House for 11.00 am not the drive. (My Accord would not be able to keep up)

I always like getting together with other NSXers, It's been a while since I talk to some of you guys, see the latest mods etc, we can discuss the great Japanese GP.

If things change please call me @ 416-819-2287

Bram

We are leaving for the drive back to the United States here in a few minutes, so I cannot make it. Sorry guys. Have a great time!! :(

Aw, that sucks man. Well have a good drive back. Unfortunately my wife isn't feeling too well, so I'll be showing up, but won't be able to stick around for too long.

Meeyatch1 said:
We are leaving for the drive back to the United States here in a few minutes, so I cannot make it. Sorry guys. Have a great time!! :(

Sorry we wont be able to meet, next time!

great meet, great host....

Back