• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thats Fresh Detailed: 93 Berlina Black/Volks. Show Prep

i know im not posting in Detailing forum but its been dead lately.

posting only the details with major correction. too busy with work. unless yall want me to post 1step polishes, new car preps, wash/wax details (which are boring). coming up to the plate was now my 10th black car in a row. Vehicles history, owner had it for 5 years and kept it cleaned and garaged kept (only 22k miles). he hasnt driven it in about a year. before storing in the garage, he had it detailed by a "pro detail" shop :facepalm: I found lots of residue in cracks, jambs, etc. Mind you, this guy is very particular about all his cars. As the go to detailer in my area for the local car clubs, i had to treat his NSX as i do with all cars, like its mine and also to keep my reputation. He wanted it to be prepped for a show and i took on the job. my initial response was about a day and half for the detail since he said it was previously detailed and it hasnt been driving in 9 months so i said itll be an easy one. i was wrong. on to the detail.

PROCESS:

ENGINE
P21s TAW
303 Protectant

WHEELS/WELLS
P21s Gel
Megs GC

EXTERIOR
CWC/Foam Gun, Rinse
CWC, Megs GC 2BM, Rinse

CLAY
Megs White
ONR Lube
IPA Wipedown
Rinse, WW MF Towel

CORRECTION with PC 6" & 4" pads
PG/Orange for Spot Treatment
IP/Orange
106FA/White
PO85RD/Blue

SEALANT
JetSeal109/Blue

LSP
its black so of course its getting Purple Haze

INTERIOR
Leatherique Twins
303 Fabric Guard
Wet/Dry Vac

FINALS
Stoners IG/Aquapel
No Wheel Sealant per request
OPT Wheel Gel
OPT QID

Day1. Thursday Evening (Engine, Interior Dust/Wipedown)
DSC01863.jpg

For Show or Not, attention to detail is key
DSC01872.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

Day2. Morning
Wheels. Being very careful not to wash over spoke sticker and stickers in barrel. i washed around it
DSC01881.jpg

Ready for wash
DSC01883.jpg

CWG dwelling and dont forget behind the plates
DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

Started with all fresh new supplies. After claying found no contamination
DSC01892.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

50/50. rear portion of the passenger door after IP & 106FA
DSC01923.jpg

brought it outside to check it (right side)
DSC01928.jpg

since i had it outside, i took a few shots of the rest of the car.
DSC01932.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

YIKES!
DSC01936.jpg

brought it back inside now that i found my combo. started on the passenger side and forgot to take a before picture. this is the drivers side pillar
DSC01944.jpg

passenger side after 106FA
DSC01945.jpg

FRESH Pad
DSC01946.jpg

If this aint 100% corrected, its sure da mn close!
DSC01948.jpg

lets ask the sungod. (those arent trails, just weird reflections)
DSC01950.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

Fingernail deep RIDs that i couldnt get out. now if it this was on the paint yeah, i could fix it but i wasnt going to grit it just for that. but trust me, the rest of the taillight strip is perfect :)
DSC01962.jpg

precaution i take when someone has the wheels i want. i just cover it so i wont be tempted to steal it.
JK> less risk of scratching the Volks.
DSC01968.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

I did one pass of PO85rd to bring out that gloss even more.

Owner came by to check on the progress. he left with a smile on his face (=

black FTW
DSC02002.jpg

After Wash and IPA wipedown, checking for washed induced swirls.
DSC02006.jpg

Day2. Evening. Inside for Sealant/Wax/Interior
DSC02020.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

During the curing times of the sealant and wax, the leather and the rest of the interior was detailed

Notice how Leatherique lifts all the dirt. pure dirty brown
DSC02027.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

Day3. Morning ready for pickup. Show was in a few hours. Final touches to glass and tires.
DSC02032.jpg

under front hood *spare tire is out
DSC02041.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

engine bay
DSC02049.jpg

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

DSC02066.jpg

rear pass fender
DSC02070.jpg

trunk
DSC02071.jpg

roof
DSC02072.jpg

passenger door
DSC02073.jpg

hood up
DSC02077.jpg

DSC02078.jpg

drivers side
DSC02080.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

left drivers side mat in trunk so he can place once he gets to car show. also left a few MF towels in ziplock bag for the show
DSC02085.jpg

trunk
DSC02087.jpg

DSC02089.jpg

at the show
DSC02090.jpg

DSC02091.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

yaay you made it to the bottom.
as always thanks for viewing, C&C welcome

Super nice Job! I will drop mine off for you this afternoon.........:biggrin:

Great work. Thanks for the photos.

No wonder you are the go to detail guy; the car looks fabulous.

Was the car show in Virginia Beach? If it's a regular event, I'd like to drive down to attend sometime.

By the way, more detail on what you do would be instructive to us new owners, although it is probably bores you to write about what you know so well.

how much did you charge?

looks pretty damn clean.

waay less than the detail shops out here.

very very very nice job! :smile:

thanks. loving the color of your car. metallic?

WOW! :eek: beautiful work!

Thanks!

Amazing work!! When its not 118 outside I will be spending a day doing this as well. Thanks for sharing!

humidity kills me.

No wonder you are the go to detail guy; the car looks fabulous.

Was the car show in Virginia Beach? If it's a regular event, I'd like to drive down to attend sometime.

By the way, more detail on what you do would be instructive to us new owners, although it is probably bores you to write about what you know so well.

nah it was a show hosted by local crews. nah its cool. i alway educate the owners of proper car maintenance. what they can do to minimize marring/swirling from regular washes. most swirls are induced during the wash/dry process.

2BM (2 bucket method both with grit guards)
Bucket #1 has soap solution
Bucket #2 has water for rinsing mitt.

after each panel, dip/scrub mitt in rinse bucket and then dip again in soap bucket. two mitts one for top panels and the other for bumpers, side skirts, lower panels.

sheet water dry after half of car is done soaping. blow dry to get water out of cracks. finish with waffle weave microfiber drying towel.

Detailed Image

Well done!

thanks!

Thanks for sharing your washing, drying, and detailing techniques with us. We amateurs can't hope to duplicate your results, but we can make our cars look better.

I'm not to far from VA Beach.. but I'd like to know, what exactly this means:

Those fine scratches and swirls that remain after claying - how exactly did you get those out?? Can you elaborate a bit?

I'm not to far from VA Beach.. but I'd like to know, what exactly this means:

Those fine scratches and swirls that remain after claying - how exactly did you get those out?? Can you elaborate a bit?

That was a pic after i used Menzerna 106FA polish. Compounds and Polishes remove the swirls by leveling the paint at microscope levels. This is what brings gloss back to cars.

Last edited:
Back