• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The 3-in-1 NSX Cup Holder/Phone Holder/Storage Tray

The 3-in-1 NSX Cup Holder/Phone Holder/Storage Tray

As you are all aware, the interior of the NSX has a few shortcomings. The cup holders are too small and practically useless, with many members resorting to keeping water bottles on the passenger seat. The storage compartment in the armrest is useful, but out of the way and not easy to reach by the passenger.

Working with Prime member Alpo, a design was created that provides both a cup holder, and a useful space for putting your phone, wallet, EZ-pass, etc. within quick and easy reach while not interfering with the driver. This 3-in-1 will be 3D printed with ABS plastic.

The 3-in-1 provides 2 spaces for storage. It extends the space below the parking brake, and also has a storage tray that is large enough to hold most cellphones (it fits an iPhone 6 in an Otterbox Defender case, pictured is a Samsung Galaxy S5 in an Otterbox Defender).

The ring shown in the pictures measures 3 11/32”, which fits a Gatorade sports bottle. As seen below, the cup holder uses the floor as support for the bottle, stabilizing it with the interchangeable ring.
A new ring has been developed that accommodates the large sized Chick-fil-a/fast food cup! This ring measures about 3 55/64", and can close to about 2 3/4". See the attached pictures!

The 3-in-1 simply slides between the console cover and the leather console support, with a lip to help keep it in place. It also features an extension (behind the bottle support) that prevents wobble and keeps it in place. This extension is mainly composed of the 3D printed materials, with a rubber tip on the end.

A raised attachment is being developed to hold smaller cans and coffee cups higher and closer to the driver.

The base price for the 3-in-1 will be $45.00, which will include choice of 1 ring and shipping to the continental 48 states. Customizations can be made at a negotiable price. Additional (or replacement) rings/attachments can be ordered at any size for an additional $5 each (with you providing the desired bottle size).

Additional measurements can be provided upon inquiry.

To order, email Jeff at: [email protected]. Invoices will be sent via Paypal.

NEW ATTACHMENTS DEVELOPED. See pictures below.
Pictures of the adjustable ring are added below.

The raised ring attachment has been developed and tested to work! It holds standard sized 12oz cans, for those of you who like to grab a can of Coke for the go. Can be modified upon order to hold the narrower Redbull cans. Will currently hold the smaller cans, with some extra play.

A new ring has been developed to move the bottle further forward in case you are looking for some extra room for the passenger. This makes it a little harder for the driver to reach the bottle, but frees up a few extra inches of leg room for the passenger. This ring is currently sized to the Gatorade bottle.

A new double ring has been developed. This ring holds 2 bottles (currently sized to the Gatorade bottle). This ring is convenient for longer trips taken with a passenger so that each person has a place to hold their bottle.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

UPDATE: As per suggestion of user Dayta, we will now offer the option of ordering the 3-in-1 without the tray tabs! For those that don't want the tabs, make sure to specify when you order (we'll double check as well)!

UPDATE: V2.0 HAS BEEN DEVELOPED:The basic functionalities of the unit are the same. However, the following 3 aspects are the major changes to the unit:
1) The unit is a little over 1" longer to accommodate some of the shorter cups.
2) The unit has a slot in the bottom to accommodate for those that would like to place their phone in upright and charge from the bottom.
3) The unit has a new mounting system that no longer locks under the plastic of the console. This new mounting system just requires that you slide the unit into the same position, featuring a new tab that holds the unit down, in-place, and vertical. This prevents some of the issues where the cup holder will lift out of place when you lift your cup out of the holder.

Both the tabbed and tab-less units will be offered. HOWEVER, due to popular demand, the TAB-LESS unit will be the main unit of v2.0, and tabs will only be provided upon special request. The price will remain the same as the 3-in-1 base price of $45, which includes 1 attachment and shipping to the continental US.

(As of 9/28/2015) With the release of v2.0, I still have 5 units of v1.0 (3 tabless, 2 tabbed). These units will be offered at a discount until they are sold out, first-come first-serve. They will be offered at $35 each (includes 1 attachment and shipping to continental US). This is a discount of approximately 22% from the original price.

I've reached the image limit for the post, so you can find the images of v2.0 at my comment further in the thread
(http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...lder-Storage-Tray/page2?p=1872542#post1872542)

UPDATE: NEW GPS INSERT DEVELOPED

See details and pictures HERE! The insert is an attachment option for the 3-in-1, simply sliding into the 3-in-1 slot to give you a GPS style mount. It will be on sale for $20 if ordered with a 3-in-1, or $25 if ordered separately (includes shipping).

Attachments

• IMG_4857.jpg
    IMG_4857.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,324
  • IMG_4860.jpg
    IMG_4860.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,112
  • IMG_4864.jpg
    IMG_4864.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,083
  • IMG_4867.jpg
    IMG_4867.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,071
  • IMG_4869.jpg
    IMG_4869.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,009
  • IMG_4881.jpg
    IMG_4881.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,020
  • IMG_4884.jpg
    IMG_4884.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,971
  • IMG_4885.jpg
    IMG_4885.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,911
  • Photo Aug 02, 1 05 23 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 02, 1 05 23 PM.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,790
  • Photo Aug 04, 5 00 41 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 04, 5 00 41 PM.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,766
  • Photo Aug 04, 5 00 46 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 04, 5 00 46 PM.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,768
  • IMG_6563.jpg
    IMG_6563.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,727
  • IMG_6567.jpg
    IMG_6567.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_6568.jpg
    IMG_6568.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,722
  • IMG_6569.jpg
    IMG_6569.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,718
  • IMG_6570.jpg
    IMG_6570.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,696
  • IMG_6571.jpg
    IMG_6571.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,695
  • IMG_6574.jpg
    IMG_6574.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,686
  • IMG_6576.jpg
    IMG_6576.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,683
  • IMG_6577.jpg
    IMG_6577.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,699
  • IMG_6579.jpg
    IMG_6579.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,692
  • IMG_6580.jpg
    IMG_6580.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,698
  • 2015-08-14 14.23.09.jpg
    2015-08-14 14.23.09.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,686
  • 2015-08-14 14.23.13.jpg
    2015-08-14 14.23.13.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,677
  • 2015-08-14 14.24.10.jpg
    2015-08-14 14.24.10.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,681
Last edited:
Always amazed at our creative NSX community. Looks great.

Question. How much movement does the passenger seat have worth this in place?

Always amazed at our creative NSX community. Looks great.

Question. How much movement does the passenger seat have worth this in place?

I didn't notice it interfering the passenger seat too much. But my passenger seat is usually even with the driver's seat, if not a little further back due to foot room.

Is this available now?
Can we pick our drink ring size, or do you force us to take the one shown, then we have to pay extra for a bigger one? (I simply would never use the small one shown... you would be wasting product by sending me a small ring, I'd discard it immediately)

Is this available now?
Can we pick our drink ring size, or do you force us to take the one shown, then we have to pay extra for a bigger one? (I simply would never use the small one shown... you would be wasting product by sending me a small ring, I'd discard it immediately)

They are available now! You can pick the ring size; 1 ring is included in the cost of the holder.

- - - Updated - - -

I added a very slight support bar to the rear of the 3-in-1; it is unnoticeable when the unit is installed.

Attachments

• Photo Aug 02, 1 05 23 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 02, 1 05 23 PM.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,491
I'll take one, what is your largest ring size? (needs to fit a chic-fil-a large drink haha!)
I don't have a paypal account, so how do we go about making payment?
(suggestion - provide this product with a fairly large ring by default, and include a simple clip-on insert that would allow it to support skinnier containers! Because i'm going to have to rig something for myself so my large ring can support smaller drink containers like skinny water bottles, 12oz an of pop, etc)

I'll take one, what is your largest ring size? (needs to fit a chic-fil-a large drink haha!)
I don't have a paypal account, so how do we go about making payment?
(suggestion - provide this product with a fairly large ring by default, and include a simple clip-on insert that would allow it to support skinnier containers! Because i'm going to have to rig something for myself so my large ring can support smaller drink containers like skinny water bottles, 12oz an of pop, etc)

Currently I am starting with the base ring size. I can make whatever size ring you want! Measure the chick-fil-a cup about 4.5inches from the bottom, and I will make sure I have a ring that fits.
Thats a good idea (for the clip)! I will try to work one out before I send it to you.
Since you dont have Paypal, I can accept a personal check. Once I have the check and it clears, I can ship out the 3-in-1.
Email me for additional details/my mailing address.

Even without a Paypal account, you can pay the invoice using a credit/debit card without creating an account.

Last edited:
Just came across this post.
Nice to see someone else with a 3D printer printing usefull items for the NSX with it.

Just posted my own solution for a cup holder, but in this case in a different location.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/191011-3D-Printed-Cupholder-for-the-NSX

Made a similar solution for mounting a smartphone as well, looking like this:

TH8.JPG
Can you please post a few more pics of your console, i'm about to refinish my trim and was considering a color like this

Currently I am starting with the base ring size. I can make whatever size ring you want! Measure the chick-fil-a cup about 4.5inches from the bottom, and I will make sure I have a ring that fits.
Thats a good idea (for the clip)! I will try to work one out before I send it to you.
Since you dont have Paypal, I can accept a personal check. Once I have the check and it clears, I can ship out the 3-in-1.
Email me for additional details/my mailing address.

Even without a Paypal account, you can pay the invoice using a credit/debit card without creating an account.
Post update pics with new ring! And send me an email invoice like you said. thanks

Additional pictures of the adjustable ring are posted above.
The raised can attachment has been developed and tested to work (additional pictures above).
A double ring (holds 2 bottles) has been developed as well!
See all the new pictures above (with some teasers below).
IMG_6563.jpgIMG_6571.jpgIMG_6579.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just came across this post.
Nice to see someone else with a 3D printer printing usefull items for the NSX with it.

Just posted my own solution for a cup holder, but in this case in a different location.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/191011-3D-Printed-Cupholder-for-the-NSX

Made a similar solution for mounting a smartphone as well, looking like this:

Cool mounts, MvM! As you said, great to see people innovating in lots of different ways. It's definitely an interesting place to mount a phone/bottle; I didn't even think of that as a potential place. Whenever I would ride around with Alpo, we'd put a device under the parking brake and use the passenger leg to hold it in place. That's where the idea for our 3-in-1 came from. It's a super convenient place to keep devices. I'm currently working on another version similar to what Brylek asked about above. I hope to have it worked out in the next week or so.

Cool mounts, MvM! As you said, great to see people innovating in lots of different ways. It's definitely an interesting place to mount a phone/bottle; I didn't even think of that as a potential place. Whenever I would ride around with Alpo, we'd put a device under the parking brake and use the passenger leg to hold it in place. That's where the idea for our 3-in-1 came from. It's a super convenient place to keep devices. I'm currently working on another version similar to what Brylek asked about above. I hope to have it worked out in the next week or so.

Thanks for the compliment. I wanted a mount for my phone that would allow me to actually use the phone while driving.
Like when I use the phone for navigation for example. Also, the advantage is that you can simply unhook the mount or just the telephone holder whenever your want. That's also how I got the idea to use the place as a cupholder.
The only difference is that it works best if you actually print the mount for the specific phone to be used.

I thought of a similar setup like yours, but my passenger started complaining about losing her legroom.

BTW, what printer do you use? I do print in ABS as well, but it is not my favourite material due to the well known issue like warping.

And yes, it's nice to see things like this getting developed. Have lots of ideas for 3D Printed parts for the NSX, but you have to beware of not getting too enthousiastic about it :)

Thanks for the compliment. I wanted a mount for my phone that would allow me to actually use the phone while driving.
Like when I use the phone for navigation for example. Also, the advantage is that you can simply unhook the mount or just the telephone holder whenever your want. That's also how I got the idea to use the place as a cupholder.
The only difference is that it works best if you actually print the mount for the specific phone to be used.

I thought of a similar setup like yours, but my passenger started complaining about losing her legroom.

BTW, what printer do you use? I do print in ABS as well, but it is not my favourite material due to the well known issue like warping.

And yes, it's nice to see things like this getting developed. Have lots of ideas for 3D Printed parts for the NSX, but you have to beware of not getting too enthousiastic about it :)

I've been working on attachments that help to alleviate any passenger complaints (see my recent updates/releases).

I understand the GPS thought. Im working on one as well that mounts similarly to my 3-in-1. It'll be adjustable just like my the adjustable ring I made.

Really? I love using ABS. Does your printer have a heated bed? If you have a heated print bed/surface then all warping issues pretty much disappear.

I totally understand the enthusiasm. Having a 3D printer can make one kind of like a puppy, lots of new things to make and play with :)

I like the redone rings, especially for the soda cans.

I am printing with a lot of materials, PLA, ABS, Carbon, Bronzefill, HIPS, Nylon, PETG, HDGlass, depending on the requirements of the parts.
Of all these materials, even with a heated bed, ABS is the one material I have had the most issues with.
Often you read about the strength of ABS printed parts, but in my experience it is not really any stronger than PLA for example. The one main point to use ABS is its ability to withstand higher temperatures than most other materials but for most other options I personally prefer Nylon or PETG.

Back