• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Apprentice - Season 2

Boy, am I disappointed! Not about Kelly, who has excelled in a generally mediocre field from the start. Heck, I wouldn't even care all that much if Sandy made the finals instead of Kevin. But JEN??? I don't know what Trump sees in her. He undoubtedly sees all the footage before making each of his decisions. He knows the contempt in which the other team members hold her. Oh well. I'm laying odds of 10-1 that Kelly will be hired next week.

As usual, Reality News Online has a great recap of where we have come. Unfortunately, ...

nsxtasy said:
I'm laying odds of 10-1 that Kelly will be hired next week.
...I may need to lower those odds. One of the articles on that site says that Jen seems to be succeeding simply because Trump wants her to win, despite her repeated failings in so many ways. I agree with that (although Kelly still has a good chance of winning). And that, too, is often how the business world works; the better candidate does not always win the job, and sometimes it's simply a matter of favoritism, for whatever reason.

nsxtasy said:
As usual, Reality News Online has a great recap of where we have come. Unfortunately, ...

...I may need to lower those odds. One of the articles on that site says that Jen seems to be succeeding simply because Trump wants her to win, despite her repeated failings in so many ways. I agree with that (although Kelly still has a good chance of winning). And that, too, is often how the business world works; the better candidate does not always win the job, and sometimes it's simply a matter of favoritism, for whatever reason.

Sad, but I guess that the corporate America is still all about office politics :(

Hi

I am in Norway so I have to wait until it shows up on the web somewhere.

I just finished watching the next to last one.

I am amazed that Jen was picked as a finalist. I think Kelly should win the whole thing. However I am a bit worried that Raj and that other dude will not be doing their job as good as they should and blame it on Kelly and make him lose.

We just have to see.

When is the final anyway? I need to know when not to check this thread :)

Edit: Ah it is now tuesday 16.12? Okey.

Regards

http://www.apprentice-auction.com

I didn't think either of them did a particularly good job on that final event, although I think both of them were decent. The problem is that the majority of the players (in both seasons) are sucky to mediocre so anyone with a half decent amount of creativity and leadership skills can really stand out.

Season Three looks interesting...

I agree. Neither of them did a great job. Jen sure took a beating on the finale though. Barely any support from any of the CEO's. She killed him in the boardroom I thought, but Kelly's consistent victories saved him.

Season 3 will be fun. I cannot believe it is on so soon!

Ok, two things I noticed that were strange. When trump was talking with Jen C (real estate agent), he told her that she did an excellent job and thanked her for everything. Right about here, there was some strange camera angles and cutting away quickly, which makes me wonder actually how live it was. I heard Jen Ms say "Thank you Mr. Trump" in response to the question that was for Jen C. They cut back to Jen C and she is shocked with her jaw dropped pointing at Jen M. They cut away again quickly. Did anyone else see that?

Also, what is up with Trump's CFO I believe (one that looked like Sadam), giving his opinion on who should win and completely choking. He had to stop and sit down because he was so nervous. :eek:

jlindy said:
Ok, two things I noticed that were strange. When trump was talking with Jen C (real estate agent), he told her that she did an excellent job and thanked her for everything. Right about here, there was some strange camera angles and cutting away quickly, which makes me wonder actually how live it was. I heard Jen Ms say "Thank you Mr. Trump" in response to the question that was for Jen C. They cut back to Jen C and she is shocked with her jaw dropped pointing at Jen M. They cut away again quickly. Did anyone else see that?

Also, what is up with Trump's CFO I believe (one that looked like Sadam), giving his opinion on who should win and completely choking. He had to stop and sit down because he was so nervous. :eek:

I saw that. I think Jen C. was pissed that Jen M. Answered for her.

That Sadam CFO looked like a total tool on live tv.

Interesting show. Sadam choke was great.

What I find hard to believe though is that they got over 1 million applicants. I just don't believe it. What did they have for the last show? I think it was 12,000 or so.

NSX-Stalker

I thought the way the finale was conducted showed a lot of pre-planning that makes the hype seem like hypocrisy now. Supposedly the Donald didn't know whom he was going to choose until the live program. But every person from the show and from Trump's organization who spoke (mostly supporting Kelly) looked like he/she had already been spending a long time prepping the speech for the cameras - which tells me that (a) it had been pre-arranged that they would be talking, and (b) the Donald probably knew who that person was going to support. Maybe not the few "random" (i.e. non-celebrity) audience members, but all the rest. And since the Donald knew he was going to be having all those folks on camera, he also knew that he was going to have to choose the person who got so much support from those folks.

I think the Donald knew all along whom he was going to choose, and claimed that he didn't only to boost the show's ratings.

NetViper said:
She killed him in the boardroom I thought, but Kelly's consistent victories saved him.

I thought just the opposite. I think she dug herself a deep hole with her ranting, almost to the point where she sounded like a paranoid schizophrenic. Kelly saw it too and just sat back and let her ramble on about how the world was out to get her. I would not have hired her at that point either. Whiners equal trouble in my book.

Back