• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Apprentice - Season 2

NetViper said:
OK. RAJ rules! Only he would hit on the secretary! I am sad to see him go!
He made some big, big mistakes, this week as well as other weeks (all of which are in addition to his womanizing, which is totally inappropriate in the context in which it occurred). He deserved to be fired.

I've agreed with most of the firing decisions this season. Most of those fired have committed serious, obvious gaffes - failure to take responsibility, failure to exert leadership, bad decisions, ethnic bias, etc. Some weeks, there were several people whose performance was egregious, but only one can be fired per week.

Of those remaining, there are still a few remaining who have demonstrated poor performance, notably Ivana and Maria. We have yet to see anyone stand out as a superstar, although Wes, Andy, and particularly Kelly have all shown some level of talent. IMO we haven't seen enough of Chris, Kevin, Jennifer M, and Sandy to form a conclusive judgment, although it looks like we'll get that chance with Chris next week. (And Caroline was absolutely correct - if the team is "broken", don't complain; fix it!)

This last show was strange...
Why were the people they brought back all about showing Trump how great they really are? They're fired already! Maybe they had a small hope he'd see how great they were and decide to bring them back. Instead he rudely tells them to get lost heh.

And after showing all the fighting between people prior to the task, why was there hardly any bickering during the task?

Why would Raj, as a real estate developer (agent?) by trade, decide to turn a 4bdrm house into a 3bdrm house? As a general rule, more bedrooms = more money.

What's with the mob showing up with their extended family offering to work on the house? Maybe they saw all the cameras and wanted to get some free advertising.

I don't like how Trump's firing decisions are so centered around the immediate task. If he wants to make the best decisions he should average out peoples' performances over all tasks. Ivana didn't do badly in that task, but i really don't think she's a better candidate than Raj.

dawggpie said:
This last show was strange...
What's with the mob showing up with their extended family offering to work on the house? Maybe they saw all the cameras and wanted to get some free advertising.

I don't like how Trump's firing decisions are so centered around the immediate task. If he wants to make the best decisions he should average out peoples' performances over all tasks. Ivana didn't do badly in that task, but i really don't think she's a better candidate than Raj.

I think that's a pretty safe bet that they saw the cameras and wanted to be on TV. :)

As for Trump and his "firing techniques"... there's a lot more to it than you see on camera. Some of those boardrooms can last up to 5 hours long. Plus, he gets a lot more feedback on the people from George and Carolyn than is represented in the 44 minutes of airtime.

steveny said:
No Helmet and no 5 point harness. :eek:

Yes but there were helmets on the table when they first got there and at least one of them had a helmet partiallly on his noggin when talking on camera. I guess they decided it just didn't make for good tv or something for the in-car shots. Pretty lame segment if you ask me.

nsxtasy said:
Of those remaining, there are still a few remaining who have demonstrated poor performance, notably Ivana and Maria. We have yet to see anyone stand out as a superstar, although Wes, Andy, and particularly Kelly have all shown some level of talent. IMO we haven't seen enough of Chris, Kevin, Jennifer M, and Sandy to form a conclusive judgment, although it looks like we'll get that chance with Chris next week. (And Caroline was absolutely correct - if the team is "broken", don't complain; fix it!)
So now the field is winnowed down. While Jennifer is still in the game, I would be very surprised to see her last until the end; she just doesn't get along with the others. (As Trump implied, you don't win by being best liked, but you'd better be respected. And she isn't.) Ivana has had some friction with others, but most of those others have already been fired; she has also shown more creativity than any of the others, and this can be a dimension to leadership. My money is still on Kelly, but I wouldn't count the others out, except for Jennifer.

nsxtasy said:
So now the field is winnowed down. While Jennifer is still in the game, I would be very surprised to see her last until the end; she just doesn't get along with the others. (As Trump implied, you don't win by being best liked, but you'd better be respected. And she isn't.) Ivana has had some friction with others, but most of those others have already been fired; she has also shown more creativity than any of the others, and this can be a dimension to leadership. My money is still on Kelly, but I wouldn't count the others out, except for Jennifer.

Ivana is done as soon as she drops her pants on a public street next week.

dawggpie said:
Overall, so far i don't like season 2 as much as season 1. I feel like the people chosen in season 1 were brighter more experienced people.
The analysts from Reality News Online agree with you. In their article, "Who Would You Hire from The Apprentice 2?" (as usual, excellent and insightful), you can read quotes like these:

"The only people who seem to have any idea what they are doing are Kelly and Kevin (my personal favorite). Jennifer is all right, but she seems lost some of the time. The rest of them couldn't figure out how to make my bed correctly. Compare them to last year's group - Nick, Amy, Bill, Kwame, and Troy are just a few of the capable people working for a shot at running one of Trump's companies. They would wipe the floor with this group."

"Last season, there were two people I would have hired in a second (Bill and Troy) and two others I would have given serious consideration to (Heidi and Kwame). This year, no one really jumps up and yells 'Hire me! Hire me!' Rather, they're yelling, 'I'm not as bad as the others!'"

This article reaches a consensus that the two candidates most worth hiring are Kelly and Kevin. Let's see how they do as the show reaches its conclusion. Stay tuned...

Jennifer is HOT. That is why she is still around. She totally blew the levis deal. She has no idea what was going on. Then she took credit for it and her entire team knew different. I am surprised she is still around.

Ivana I think is pretty much worthless. She has had ONE good idea the entire show. (levi's). Other than that, she has done very very little.

Kevin is pretty good, but he always yells when he is presenting. Very unprofessional and almost offensive.

nsxtasy said:
Good call.

Yeah. She is obnoxious.

There is just no way the men can sell anything better than the women on the streets of NY when they use their sexuallity.

NetViper said:
There is just no way the men can sell anything better than the women on the streets of NY when they use their sexuallity.

Even more difficult is a BLACK man trying to sell something on the streets of New York.

My sister lived in NY for 4 years while finishing her PhD. Her roommate was a Jamaican man about 30 years old, very nice fellow. While visiting my sister I was complaining about how long I had to wait for a cab that afternoon at the front of her building. Her roommate said you think it was hard for you to get a cab, I will show you just how hard it is to get a cab tomorrow afternoon.
The next day I watched from the window of the apartment over ten cabs, with the light on, pass him by without stopping. The day before when I was trying to catch a cab the first cab who stopped for me was the first one which was unoccupied coming my way. My time to get a cab, 20 minutes. His time, 51 minutes. :mad:
Just another thing I never really thought about until that day.

So when did Carolyn get the ring on her left hand :confused: :frown:

lemansnsx said:
Carolyn is married with, from memory, 2 kids. Disappointed? :biggrin:

I really wonder how Carolyn got that job. She seems very young (35) to be running one of his companies. Every time we see another CEO of his, they are always 60 y/o men. Something just seems strange there.

NetViper said:
I really wonder how Carolyn got that job. She seems very young (35) to be running one of his companies. Every time we see another CEO of his, they are always 60 y/o men. Something just seems strange there.

yeah, but IMO she looks like she is over 50 y/o.

steveny said:
yeah, but IMO she looks like she is over 50 y/o.

That's 'cause in the boardroom she always has that "just sucked on a lemon" look on her face from the behavior of the women on the show.
Seeing her on talk shows promoting her book she has appeared much nicer.

lemansnsx said:
That's 'cause in the boardroom she always has that "just sucked on a lemon" look on her face from the behavior of the women on the show.
Seeing her on talk shows promoting her book she has appeared much nicer.

I saw her on the tonight show and she looked pretty hot. Which again makes me wonder how she is a CEO of a trump company and only 35....

NetViper said:
I saw her on the tonight show and she looked pretty hot. Which again makes me wonder how she is a CEO of a trump company and only 35....

She must have done quite well before Trump. Her official NBC bio says that she has been with Trump since 1994 and was with a hotel/hospitality company in Boca before that - apparently in a good position. I did hear her talking about how driven she is to succeed on a talk show appearance but don't recall anything specific. Her husband is in construction I believe.

I loved how much they sucked up to Bill. I mean, Bill was a NOBODY before he won the apprentice and now he acts like such a big shot.

lemansnsx said:
Why would you assume that she is not still obnoxious after leaving the show? :confused:
I did not say that. She has been fired. She won't be featured in future Apprentice episodes. For us, she is history; hence the use of the past tense. Her fifteen minutes are over.

NetViper said:
I loved how much they sucked up to Bill. I mean, Bill was a NOBODY before he won the apprentice and now he acts like such a big shot.

I noticed that also. But hey, he did win the 1st one and who knows, he may have some input when Trump makes his final decision.

I also have to agree with other people in this thread in that this season the candidates are not as impressive as the first one.

I am sorry, but Carolyn is such a brown-noser that she will contradict herself in consecutive sentences when Trump disagrees with her. No respect for someone like that, and honestly from her appearance on Conan, I think she would be a bad lay. Sorry for the non-pc comment, just stating my thoughts on it :biggrin:

Back