• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Driver's Edge Track Events.

I run the following sizes:
215/40/17 front
265/35/18 rears

I used to run 275/35 rear with no problems but ordered 265 this last time due to the 275s being on backordered (this was a while ago).

I would assume for the 16/17 fitment, you would want the following:
215/45/16 front
255/40/17 rears

This was taken from Ken's post which is found here

I run the following sizes:
215/40/17 front
265/35/18 rears

I used to run 275/35 rear with no problems but ordered 265 this last time due to the 275s being on backordered (this was a while ago).

I would assume for the 16/17 fitment, you would want the following:
215/45/16 front
255/40/17 rears

This was taken from Ken's post which is found here

Powned by the search function :redface:

Vulcan tires has the cheapest price I have found by about $15 bucks a tire, $440 for a full set. Thanks again Matt!

Ok, I re-read the e-mail that they sent me regarding tech inspections and it's obvious that I need to have the evaluation done myself. Reading comprehension FTW! Any recommendations for a good tech in N. Dallas/West Plano? Acura Dealership? (they love me there :rolleyes:)

Also, any recommendations for open faced helmet? I want nice, low profile, and to get one local (I have a big head and like to try stuff on). I tried mine on in my car last night and realized that it is a little too tall.... :frown:

If I read the excel sheet right, I got a garage space! woo! :smile:

Yes, you need to get a mechanic to inspect your car. Perhaps Ritesh can chime in with a good place to go?

What garage space are you in? I'm in 16

See you Saturday morning.

Yes, you need to get a mechanic to inspect your car. Perhaps Ritesh can chime in with a good place to go?

What garage space are you in? I'm in 16

See you Saturday morning.

I am car number 32, so I think I have space #17! We are going to be neighbors! :cool:

Is the garage area fairly secure? Will I be able to leave stuff in the garage (i.e. tools, a bag or 2, etc)?

Don't worry about your stuff. I have never heard of anything happening in the garage spaces. People are very friendly and respectful.

Goodson Acura does free Tech. Inspections. That is an option. Otherwise - just have one of the instructors do it at the track.

Helmets - Dont buy one on a short notice. Rent one for the wknd. Then try out a few on them from the vendors at the track. Then go to saferacer.com and order it for free shipping and taxes.:biggrin:

Goodson Acura does free Tech. Inspections. That is an option. Otherwise - just have one of the instructors do it at the track.

Wow, Goodson just quoted me $104.00 for a tech inspection over the phone! :confused:

I must admit thought, that the guy I spoke with did not seem to know his rear from a hole in the ground. :smile:

I have gotten Tony Fontana from David McDavid to do it for me. My only worry is my supercharger makes a lot of noise, sometimes 'thumping' on decel (I am starting to think the tensioner may need to be rebuilt/replaced) and I am hoping that they do not attribute it to CV wear (which I recently inspected and were fine).

I spoke with Rick from TDE and he filled me in on exactly what I needed for the tech sheet. It turns out that i was making a much bigger deal out of this then need be, here I was sweating over nothing.... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Don't worry about your stuff. I have never heard of anything happening in the garage spaces. People are very friendly and respectful.

That's good to hear Matt. I didn't think it would be a concern, but you can never be too careful right?

Thanks Guys for all of your help getting me on the track! I am going to explode with anticipation waiting for this weekend!!!

Last edited:
I fished through my e-mail and found a list of TDE tech inspection centers:

Flamingo Automotive
3512 Guadalupe St.
Austin, TX 78705
512-459-9917

SoulSpeed Performance
10200 N. Lamar Blvd. #102
Austin, TX 78753
512-832-1800

Marshall Motors Inc.
11450 Sprowles St.
Dallas, TX 75229
214-902-0952

Richard Pedersen
15830 St. Lawrence Cir.
Friendswood, TX 77546
281-482-0732

Gotham Racing
5920 Huddleston St. #116
Ft. Worth, TX 76137
817 788-8726

Track Time Performance
6815 Theall Rd.
Houston Tx. 77066
832 375-0933

Murillo Motor Sport
401 E. Erwin St.
Tyler, TX 75702
903 531-0105

Fifth Gear Motorsports
1425 FM407 #950
Lewisville, TX 75067
972 317-4005

Christran Brothers Auto
8431 Homeward Way
Sugar Land, TX 77479
281 242-2886

Valkyrie Racing
13003 Murphy Rd, #M-12
Stafford, TX
281-495-1055

C&C's Northside Motors
6815 Theall Rd. Suite E
Houston, TX 77066
832 375-0933

21st Century Muscle Car
2530 Tarpley Rd. #800
Carrolton, TX 75006
972 417-7177

I can't vouch for any of these businesses, but this is the list I got from Rick.

BTW, what run groups are you guys in? I will have my camera so hopefully I can get some pics of NSX track pownage! :cool:

Just show up on Fri PM. I will find you and have an instructor sign off on the tech form.

I am still trying to get a clutch installed on my SM. If it isn' t ready then I will bring the NSX or GT3. I really should take the NSX but I need Front pads - anybody got spare Panter Plus's lying around - teddy?

Ritesh

I have a pair of brand new Panther Plus front pads in my garage.
Let me know if you want them and I'll bring them.

Hexley, Ritesh

If you guys don't have plans for dinner on Saturday night, there is a really big group of S2000 owners going to a place called On The Border. Let me know tomorrow if ya want to be on the list (I believe the reservation is set for 25-30).

Hexley, Ritesh

If you guys don't have plans for dinner on Saturday night, there is a really big group of S2000 owners going to a place called On The Border. Let me know tomorrow if ya want to be on the list (I believe the reservation is set for 25-30).

That sounds like fun man! I would love to go. Thanks for the invite!

Hey, is that your silver S2K in the parking lot of the hotel? I like your wheels.

Last edited:
That sounds like fun man! I would love to go. Thanks for the invite!

Hey, is that your silver S2K in the parking lot of the hotel? I like your wheels.

Nope

But there are a lot of S2k's staying at that hotel.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

It was nice to meet you Tony. Hope you had a good time.

Again, Ritesh, Teddy, Chris, always good to see you guys. See ya in March

Aside from the cold/ice/rain that was a very fun weekend!

Matt, Thanks for letting me use your garage space and letting Amber beat us so badly at pool! :tongue: Your car is absolutely stunning!

Ritesh, thanks for starting this thread and addicting me to the go fast crack pipe! So, when are you going to supercharge your NSX??? :biggrin:

Chris, your instruction has changed my perspective of the NSX. I can't thank you enough. I swear I kept hearing you saying "GAS! GAS! GAS!" when I was driving home! :wink:

I think green and blue groups are full for the Feb 2-3 event at MSR, but I am planning on being at TWS again March 1-2. To anyone lurking in this thread, go here. You will have more fun then is legal.

Chris, your instruction has changed my perspective of the NSX. I can't thank you enough. I swear I kept hearing you saying "GAS! GAS! GAS!" when I was driving home! :wink:

LOL .... Chris was my intructor at MSR. It think then, it was "MORE GAS, MORE GAS, MORE GAS"...... and " BOTH FEET IN, BOTH FEET IN " :biggrin: :eek:

I'm glad you guys has a great time.

Yeah I remember my 1st wknd at the track. Chris was my instructor too - all wknd long it was "GAS GAS GAS!!!" and occasionally "TWO FEET IN!!!!".:biggrin:

Good to see you guys.

Tony - I forgot to introduce you to Vaughn. The Other NSX owner who showed up with his new Spec Miata. Let's do a spring event(hint- when it is warmer). I will bring my NSX. MSR or EC are close to Dallas. IMHO MSR is a better choice when you are learning. EC(never been there) seems to be a bit more dangerous and seems to be a bit too hard on the rotors/pads but from what I have heard it flows better than MSR.

Glad you guys had fun and made it home safely. My SM was running great - I just need "bigger attachments":wink: I did a 2:09 in the SM. It is decent but Far, far from being competitive.

Tony and anyone else who is thinking of going to the March 1-2 event at TWS need to register soon.

This one will fill up fast and the green and blue groups go the quickest.
http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm

I'm registered already.

Registered, and this time I payed for a garage! :biggrin:

I will have my video and pictures edited and up on the net by the end of the week hopefully. Matt, I have a some great video of your ride blasting down the front straight!

Anybody going to MSR May 3rd wknd(this wknd)?

I'll be there in my NSX.

Got this from another forum but One lap of America at TWS

http://www.tamscc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8557

and a vid

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jXS7Zs3u7ds&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jXS7Zs3u7ds&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back