• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

The house that Bill Gates built

IMG_4219.jpg

img_2054-large.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

gates.gif

I saw it on on VH1....pretty amazing, especially when everyroom changes to your own settings(lighting/temp/music/images/etc..)....money & technology these days.... :eek:

Seems kind of small for my taste. I think If I were to move in I would have to add on some more space. :biggrin:

AndyH said:
I don't think he has one, he doesn't have much time to drive :)

See that thing that looks like a hockey arena in the schematic? That's his undeground garage.

Russ said:
Nice, but does he have to reboot the place every week?

Exactly, and just wait until that place gets its first computer virus.

That house was great about 6mths ago, but it's obsolete now. Time you upgraded Bill. :D

He MUST have a car(s) because the driveway is heated. no joke.

<B>But what does his garage look like?</B>

My thoughts exactly. :) He probably has nerdy cars of the future, like hybrids and other fuel-efficient green cars. How boring. ;)

<B>But what does his garage look like?</B>

My thoughts exactly. :) He probably has nerdy cars of the future, like hybrids and other fuel-efficient green cars. How boring. ;)[/QUOTE]

On the contrary. "Wild Bill" supposedly once owned an NSX and a Porsche 959 but never got the Porsche past "grey market" status so it was put in storage.

He was once arrested in Az. I believe for going twice the legal speed limit, so he does seem to like the fast cars and likes to leadfoot a lot.

I saw his house when it was being built. My friend lives in Redmond and we went out on his boat on Lake Washington. We were cruising around on the lake, came around a corner, and then Wow! :eek: I got a glimpse of huge cranes at work putting this thing together. That was back in 1994 or so. It was pretty amazing to see.

I've heard he has a huge underground garage, but I don't know any details.

The underground garage alone is reportedly 10,000 sq.ft.. There is also a convnetional 4 car attached above... and a 6 car accross from the main entrance. Has quite a collection from what I've heard.

I've been there twice... he does have a pretty nice garage with a definate collection of exotics. In fact, last week I was driving home in the NSX and I saw him running over to his helicopter to leave work. I'm dead serious, too.

I believe he drives a LS430 as a DD. Btw, anybody remember how many sq. ft. that place is.

His car collection is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am amazed that the details of what kind of cars he owns are not known. With the Internet these days, I would have bet someone knew that information.

NSXLuvr said:
I believe he drives a LS430 as a DD. Btw, anybody remember how many sq. ft. that place is.

I seem to recall 25,000, but I am not sure.

EDIT: Just did a google search, seems like nobody has the same figure. I see everything from 33,000 to 55,000.

http://www.joelshore.com/profile_gates.htm

This info is a little old.

For the record, Gates drives a new Lexus and owns a classic Ford Mustang—but there is the matter of the Porsche 959, Gates’ $600,000 bauble that was impounded by the U.S. Customs Service in San Francisco. Seems the car’s environmental systems are not approved for use in the United States.

But then there is the new house. Gates bristles at reports that this 35,000-square-foot high-tech showplace is built underground and that, as the joke around Microsoft goes, he spent millions on Windows the software but not a dime on windows for his house.

“I don’t know how these rumors get started,” he complained. “The only part of the house that is underground is the parking garage, everything else is above ground and has Windows.” No ordinary garage though, it will hold probably a couple dozen cars.

I know he is the reason why the 959's are now legal in the US, and he owns several of them.

They are legal, but are not allowed to be driven more than 5000 miles a year.

NSX-Racer said:
258 of the comfort version, 29 of the "S" (sports) version. There are still some for sale if you want one - look here . :wink:

Would love to have one, but my underground garage is full at the moment. :biggrin:

Back