• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The itch for Turbo...

I have the 6266 with the angus kit and there is no lag. I also had a sc before and it was lame in comparison. I have been in other turbo cars without the 6266 more like a t67 I believe and even tho is spools later than the 6266 they still don't lag unless you like trying to make power below around 4-4500 rpm which you wouldn't do anyways even on a stock motor. The Apx kit is designed to made power along the same lines as factory power curve it just makes way more power. It feels natural for the car IMO. Freaking insane actually and it sucks we have two feet of snow outside I'm dying for summer. Arrrrg!!!!

...............colonel angus...............

It sounds like you have a good idea of what you want. The Angus kit is a very good one. I looked into it as well as the SOS kit that I am running. Lovefab has a nice kit as well. It was a hard decision on which kit to choose and it's all a matter of preference. 400 to 425 rwhp is perfect for our cars IMO. I have a 2002/NA2 so the piggy back FIC works well and I plan on no other changes. But a stand alone ECU will give you more options. Good luck and keep us posted on your turbo install.

2001 with 98k miles is it necessary to replace fuel pump? And does tuning have anything to do with fuel pump size ? If I went with one of the following kits and kept the original pump. And let's say a year later I replace the fuel pump with a supra pump would it need a retune?

Would not require retune but make sure that the pump can actually supply the required fuel. Demand < Supply. HP would be limited by the actual supply from the fuel pump. Safer to probably just replace the pump and know that you always have enough supply. Small additional cost in the scheme of things.

For only 150 I'll just go ahead and replace the fuel pump with a supra pump. We know the limits of the engine is 430whp. Anyone know how much the stock clutch can handle?

Stock clutch can't hold 400hp for long. If you run 350, maybe you will have a chance. Make sure you delete the clutch damper.

For only 150 I'll just go ahead and replace the fuel pump with a supra pump. We know the limits of the engine is 430whp. Anyone know how much the stock clutch can handle?

Not so much whp as it is wtq, the stock twin disk will maybe hold 275wtq if it is in perfect working condition. The stock single disk will hold a little more but mine started slipping in 5th gear with 300wtq.

Dave

Bringing this thread back to life...AGAIN :biggrin:

I am still on the fence on ditching my CTSC and going turbo. I really need to ride in a turbo set up and just make a damn decision...but its fun to discuss. Here is the breakdown I did if I go with the ProSpeed kit - I am open to going Angus Kit as well - LoveFab will be a bit more but they are an option as well. Thoughts? How much more would an AEM Infinity run me? I spoke with Ramon at Niguel and he can do the install for me - i would just need to get it tuned by Bisi.

ItemCost
Turbo Kit$7,495.00
FIC$400.00
Exody Clutch$1,400
AEM Boost Gauge$190.00
AEM Wideband 02 Sensor$215.00
Meth Kit$400.00
Turbo Install$500.00
Tuning$600.00
Total$11,200.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

Bringing this thread back to life...AGAIN :biggrin:

I am still on the fence on ditching my CTSC and going turbo. I really need to ride in a turbo set up and just make a damn decision...but its fun to discuss. Here is the breakdown I did if I go with the ProSpeed kit - I am open to going Angus Kit as well - LoveFab will be a bit more but they are an option as well. Thoughts? How much more would an AEM Infinity run me? I spoke with Ramon at Niguel and he can do the install for me - i would just need to get it tuned by Bisi.

ItemCost
Turbo Kit$7,495.00
FIC$400.00
Exody Clutch$1,400
AEM Boost Gauge$190.00
AEM Wideband 02 Sensor$215.00
Meth Kit$400.00
Turbo Install$500.00
Tuning$600.00
Total$11,200.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

I would not do an aem fic with turbo but I'm out of the loop with what can and can't be done. I think it was fine for super chargers but you really want more tune ability with a full standalone. Specially with newer aem units out like infinity. I still have my old aem ems 1 in and it still works fine.

How many Prospeed kits are running vs Angus kits? My Angus runs like a champ more than 3 years later. Over 400rwhp and like 330tq.
I never had meth and at some point or another, most running meth have had some type of blend or clog issue. Keep it simple!

The stock T67 turbo is great. If I was buying a kit now, I'd go with something that spooled a little sooner. Lots and Lots of Angus kits running.
Just do it!!!!!

I feel that meth injection, or rather 50/50 meth/water, is a great addition to any turbo car. I like to set it up so that I do not have to depend on it, if possible.

And when I really do want to use it for "protection" and raise the boost- I simply monitor my engine more carefully for those one or two races.

It's all about dialing in EGT. I like to see 1150*F or 1250*F when I am putting down 400-500rwhp. And I want my exhaust all blanketed / wrapped up as well to keep engine bay temps down at the same time.

Meth injection makes that really easy, where we would normally fight to hold down EGT and keep the heat out of the engine bay.

If that wasn't enough, it also cleans your pistons and valves. And I mean cleans them, like shiny new looking. It's almost worth the price just for that.

Last edited:
How many Prospeed kits are running vs Angus kits? My Angus runs like a champ more than 3 years later. Over 400rwhp and like 330tq.
I never had meth and at some point or another, most running meth have had some type of blend or clog issue. Keep it simple!

The stock T67 turbo is great. If I was buying a kit now, I'd go with something that spooled a little sooner. Lots and Lots of Angus kits running.
Just do it!!!!!

Agreed - Angus definitely has a great track record. Another local member is doing an install this weekend with the Angus kit so can't wait to get a ride in it.

BTW, how many miles have you put on your angus kit after 3 years? What type of driving?

Last edited:
My NSX is used to to work 3-4x/mo and date night with the wife.
The car has never been tracked. I don't baby her but I don't beat on her either.

Just last night I ran into a new M4 who iwas looking for trouble. Well he found it.
When our little spirited run was over he was looking at my tail lights several car lengths back. :)

My car has about 105K on the clock roughly I think I put about 12K on it with the
Angus kit running about seven psi.

Hey Z, so you decided to keep the car? You will love a turbo. Don't do the FIC unless you plan to run cats and try to get the car to pass smog. The OEM ECU may be able to get you by California Smog on the sniffer but never will on the visual. If you say "to hell with it" then the best option is the Infinity as it is a real upgrade from the Series 2 by AEM. The meth kit is nice insurance but you should be fine with a good water to air intercooler. If you must have a meth kit, I have one for sale that is still in the box. There are a million Angus kits and Brian at Prospeed is a bit on the sketchy side when it comes to any service that may be required. the LoveFab is a beautiful thing and so is the SOS system and they are way closer. Ramon can do the install but you will need to have someone tune the ECU and Bisi is real good. So is Autowave for tuning. As to your numbers, you will want dual widebands and I don't think you have enough in your budget for install and tuning. So, go get a turbo!

Last edited:
That itch is back again. Does not seem to go away! Who's gone turbo recently? I want to see more videos if anyone has any

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Z, so you decided to keep the car? You will love a turbo. Don't do the FIC unless you plan to run cats and try to get the car to pass smog. The OEM ECU may be able to get you by California Smog on the sniffer but never will on the visual. If you say "to hell with it" then the best option is the Infinity as it is a real upgrade from the Series 2 by AEM. The meth kit is nice insurance but you should be fine with a good water to air intercooler. If you must have a meth kit, I have one for sale that is still in the box. There are a million Angus kits and Brian at Prospeed is a bit on the sketchy side when it comes to any service that may be required. the LoveFab is a beautiful thing and so is the SOS system and they are way closer. Ramon can do the install but you will need to have someone tune the ECU and Bisi is real good. So is Autowave for tuning. As to your numbers, you will want dual widebands and I don't think you have enough in your budget for install and tuning. So, go get a turbo!

JC, how's your new ride? Would love to chat with you. Are you running turbo again?

Well are you sure you want to go turbo? Why not high boost first? Most of the stuff you are going to use on high boost you can re-use on turbo set-up. I have a 94 coupe with CTSC with first 4-5 low boost it was good and safe. Then I installed a smaller pulley same one on 3.2L which is 91mm the boost went up to 6.5 psi it was way better than my last set up. Then I wanted more and installed a bigger crank pulley boost went up to 8-9 psi I was amazed on what this car can do power is on demand as soon as you step on the gas pedal. The only change I made was change my pump to 340Lph. I am not saying do what I did it was foolish so I went back to 6.5 set up to run it safe. For me 8-9 psi is my limit. I am not going to track my car so no need to install a after cooler system. When I smog my car it pass even with high boost set up the boost gauge registered to -14 psi max both on 15mph and 25mph test.

Dont forget to add bigger injectors specially if you want to run E85, oil pan baffle a good insurance for oil starvation. Since your car is a 2000 aem fic is good for smog purposes your car don't need to be in a roller. Good luck on whatever you decide to do and pull the trigger already the ITCH WILL NEVER GO AWAY...LOL

I think my personal itch got scratched at 675rwhp in the nsx. Its not my fastest car, but i enjoy the hell out of it at that level

I'd follow chrisfrom619's advice. The CT is California legal and is bought and paid for. For a small investment of fuel pump, FIC, bigger injectors and some pulleys, you could be at a very nice power and still pass SMOG every 2 years. If you decide to go this route, I do have the injectors you need.

Yes I am back to twin turbos. Love it. Not cheap and not done tinkering but it is a beast.

If I was in your position, I would be happy with what I have and toy with bigger pulleys. A lot less expensive and a lot less down time getting the tune right.

So I finally drove a turbo NSX today. Had around 400 rwhp and it was a blast. It did not pull that much harder than my CTSC, however, you definitely notice the difference in torque and the overall experience is so much more fun IMO. The sound the turbos make with the BOV is intoxicating!!

- - - Updated - - -

How is the spool up with LoveFabs Precision 6152?

Ok - thanks so much to JC and other members with all the help. Here is the breakdown of the kit and other things I am budgeting. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I am still debating on getting a new clutch or keep stock one. My car has 49k miles. Also debating on if a I need a boost controller. I don't want to push more than 400 rwhp.

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc ;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
Stage 1 LoveFab Turbo Kit - Precision 6152 Turbo (Kit has ~10,000 miles)
(Includes WOFI Exhaust, Headers, WAIC Intercooler, and heat exchangers)
EMS Series 2
Original Walbro Fuel Pump
ID1000 Injectors
AEM Boost Gauge
AEM Wideband 02 Sensor
Turbo Install/Supercharger Removed
Tuning by Church Automotive
Shipping
RPS or Exody Clutch (maybe)
Boost Controller (maybe)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
The first item on your list would be your biggest mistake.

I would get in touch with Shad at Driving Ambition........he has a much better track record, and he is located in your home state.

Last edited:
The first item on your list would be your biggest mistake.

I would get in touch with Shad at Driving Ambition........he has a much better track record, and he is located in your home state.

why a big mistake? Small turbo? Older kit? I'll look up Shad. Thanks for the info.

Back