• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The itch for Turbo...

I know the feeling. Thought I’d start on turbos after car was paid off, but that was couple years ago. Life has just been curveballs after each other.

I hope theres still Angus kits by the time I’m ready.. too familiar with turbos having owned a couple 180sx, Silvia, Z32, and R33 in Japan (and an STi in USA). Never had a turbo related issue with them (1.2+ Bar), however they were all turbos out of the box unlike the NSX. Can’t wait to get a kit.

Last edited:
I may remove my fully upgraded sos twin turbo setup to sell. It has every conceivable upgrade they offer

I delayed any major modifications...because I just kept driving the heck out of the car (and loving it). Then, someone ran into the car, so while it was under repair...I did CTSC, vented hood, and Wings West full kit. I decided to make lemonade out of a crummy situation.

Updates?

I'm a high-boost CTSC user. I've had the CTSC for 15 years, and at least 200k miles, 85 of it at high-boost. I finally had to get the Whipple rebuilt...even then I think it was a result of the mech overfilling it during a service. I REALLY want to go TT and have 400whp. "Reiko" still has great compression and burns no oil.

Last edited:
Updates?

I'm a high-boost CTSC user. I've had the CTSC for 15 years, and at least 200k miles, 85 of it at high-boost. I finally had to get the Whipple rebuilt...even then I think it was a result of the mech overfilling it during a service. I REALLY want to go TT and have 400whp. "Reiko" still has great compression and burns no oil.

Wow, 85k miles at high boost with the CTSC! Gives me a bit more confidence as I plot out my Whipple CTSC build. Good luck in the switch to turbo.

If you have the itch, stop! Don’t scratch... The absolute best my car ever ran was with a stock motor and 340hp. It was Enjoyable to drive. If you want a fast car, take the 30k you’re going to put into a 90’s design and buy a used M series.

Back