• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The New NSX is DEAD!

If that body were the S2000 replacement i'd applaud it....

That's all. It's not the NSX and i pray that by the time i'm 30 (10 years), i'll be able to get a nice Imola Orange. Because i don't want this thing.

attachment.php

Acura NSX aims for Nissan GT-R’s Nurburgring Lap Times

quote:

Despite being delayed over and over again, Japan’s Best Car Magazine provides some extra detail regarding the upcoming NSX.

With the appearance of the Honda S2000 bodied NSX replacement last year at the Nurburgring circuit in Germany, things seemed well underway with NSX development and put many Honda enthusiasts at ease as to whether an NSX replacement would ever eventuate. Well things have steadily gathered pace it seems with Honda ready to test the new NSX’s bodywork strength and aerodynamics starting late this month. The biggest news would have to be Honda’s intention of getting a 7:30.00 lap time around the Nurburgring!

The NSX is rumored to get a front mounted 90 degree V10 with a capacity of 4.5 liters and putting out 122ps/liter for a total of around 550ps and 55.0kg/m torque. Previous reports quoted a 72 degree angle for the cylinder banks, but it seems that a 90 degree angle (like the F1 V10) isn’t too wide as some thought. Moreover the SH-AWD system to be incorporated in the new NSX will be housed with the rear differential and will spread power to the left and right rear wheels, and the front and back wheels (as well as stability control) to give what Best Car describes as “dream cornering speed ability”. Motoharu Kurosawa, a retired racing driver and a frequent test driver for Best Car, was chosen to help Honda engineers develop the SH-AWD system for the new NSX and has had a lot of experience in this regard with other car manufacturers such as Nissan. The aim is to give the FR based AWD system “world class” dynamics an to achieve the seven and a half minute lap time at Nurburgring.

The SH-AWD system will operate with a 30% front, 70% rear power distribution under normal driving, but anywhere up to 70% power can be delivered to the front wheels if needed. Likewise the rear wheels can have anything up to 100% power delivered to either side (eg: 0% right, 100% left) in order to provide the best cornering speed. The reaction time of the SH-AWD system is said to be extremely fast due to its positioning next to the rear differential and the use of a direct electromagnetic clutch arrangement. Best Car point out that a weight of about 1400kg would be needed to achieve a 7:30.00 lap time around the Nurburgring, but this may well be wishful thinking due to the new NSX’s 2+2 seating arrangement and slightly large proportions with (length/width/height) 4610mm x 1950mm x 1250mm dimensions expected to exceed 1500kg.

We will have to wait until late this month or in May to see whether Honda will bring out the new NSX test car again, but one thing is for sure, it won’t be wearing the same body work as seen in January this year…

Text: Justin Karow

CGI: Best Car April 08

source:
http://www.7tune.com/acura-nsx-aims-for-nissan-gt-rs-nurburgring-laptimes/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Acura is owned by Honda and not Hyundai right?! I thought we were re-enventing the Tiburon LoL

Despite the optimistic numbers estimated below, I expect the car to weight in at 1700kg or 3740 lbs. Good luck Honda.

Styling wise, I would be surprised if the car is anything as stunning as the NSX. Let's just say beauty and appearance was parmount for Mr. Sochiro Honda and he was intimately involved with the NSX. Looking at the latest designs from Honda/Acura. God help them.

attachment.php

Acura NSX aims for Nissan GT-R’s Nurburgring Lap Times

quote:

Despite being delayed over and over again, Japan’s Best Car Magazine provides some extra detail regarding the upcoming NSX.

Best Car point out that a weight of about 1400kg would be needed to achieve a 7:30.00 lap time around the Nurburgring, but this may well be wishful thinking due to the new NSX’s 2+2 seating arrangement and slightly large proportions with (length/width/height) 4610mm x 1950mm x 1250mm dimensions expected to exceed 1500kg.

Text: Justin Karow

CGI: Best Car April 08

source:
http://www.7tune.com/acura-nsx-aims-for-nissan-gt-rs-nurburgring-laptimes/

attachment.php

attachment.php

How the F$&# do you go from something beautiful like this
blackandwhiteng9.jpg

To these FUGLY POS's
acura-advanced-sports-car-concept.jpg

attachment.php

The new Acuras are all fugly IMO. What's with the slab o' aluminum grill? Looks like something from a 70's pimpmobile.

acura-rl-1.jpg

800px-Pimpmobile.jpg

It's just what you get when you hire a team straight out of design school, which we've been told happened with the "advance" prototypes.

We have the same problem in videogames with artists straight out of art school. They all have crazy pet projects and concepts they wish were in games, and if you put them in charge of anything, they will try to insert them, and of course these seldom work, because one person's tastes are seldom the group's tastes.

You have to know what your target audience will like, not what you yourself like, and then work within those parameters to produce something that excels. You can put in a few personal touches or gimmicks, but overall the design has to cater to your audience. That is, unless you only intend to produce only one car before you shut down the assembly line.

MERCURY was the GOD that was the fastest and most ACURAte.

OLD MERCURY CONCEPTS...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AcuraA.jpg
    AcuraA.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 430
  • AcuraA70mercury_el_gato_2.jpg
    AcuraA70mercury_el_gato_2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 429
  • AcuraB.jpg
    AcuraB.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 431
  • AcuraBalt01 copy.jpg
    AcuraBalt01 copy.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 432
You want UGLY?

Acura Advanced Sedan Concept (Not NSX replacement)

acura_sedan---02.jpg

acura_advanced_450_01.jpg

acura_advanced_450_02.jpg

That was ugly...but when it was modified into the new RL...

14771.jpg

And that's not all that bad.

..fugly as uck.

hahah! :p that's funny..

to ALL: what's wrong with just slightly modifying the current NSX as far as looks goes?? Why doesn't acura just go this route?? Just look at the advancement in the BMW M3... It just got nicer and nicer..why completely throw away a nice body??

stick to the mid engine concept acura! anyone agree?

Yeah, seriously. If American auto makers can do the retro thing to every old car they ever made 40 years ago, and make them look modern, yet clearly identifiable as the same car, it escapes me why Honda doesn't seem able to do it with a car half that age.

I usually smack people for saying this to me, but... it just can't be that hard.

I don't know if Honda would want to do retro:confused: I mean what past style would serve as the inspiration for a new halo car,the 600:eek:

No, the NSX. I'm saying if someone can do the retro thing with a car 40 years old and make it look modern, why can't Honda do it with the 20 year old NSX?

Ford did it with the GT 40 Honda can do it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SUPERCAR2.jpg
    SUPERCAR2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 358
If you get rid of the R-GT fin at the top, it'd look a LOT like a Carrera GT...

Thus it would be nice.

OP was right and here is 3:19 of music from it's place in heaven:biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0OTEZDAb9c&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0OTEZDAb9c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Quit living in the past. The new NSX is never coming and even if it does, it is too late. The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons. The Z06 and 911 Turbo have been killed. There is no way Acura can build a better car than the GT-R for less than $70k. IF Acura does ever produce a sports car again, it won't even be a footnote in the back of Car and Driver.

:rolleyes:

So what is this I heard the production GTR is actually no where near the performance of those "press" cars sent out by Nissan:rolleyes:

Back