• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2010 F1 Megathread

Looks like maybe a track favorable for McLaren, plus rain forecasted for Sunday.

Re: Ah yes.......

rain chaos to add to the other uncertainties, like the RedBull team orders drama, Hamo/Button competition, Fred's engine and, of course the track itself; both the pavement and the walls/safety features.

Should be a race to remember. :tongue:

Has anyone projected any possibility of this WDC not coming down to the last race? Hmmmmmmmm, spose even I can do that math. :rolleyes:

If it rains God help them all... that pavement is still "sweating" oils -- the mix with rain would be ugly.

Qualifying is about to start in a few minutes. :smile:

Re: Korea; better than rain

Just started watching yesterday's practice. Looks like a real cool...............kart track !!! :rolleyes:

A depressed kerb??? WTF. :confused: So much for any QC on the track design dtails.

The overall configuration looks like Tilke got drunk, closed his eyes and doodled for awhile til he got something that closed on itself. :tongue:

And we don't even need to talk about the pit in and pit out. :biggrin:

But you know what? this track is the best substitute for not having guranteed rain. Craziness will be had by all every day. :smile:

Pressure's on! At first when Ferrari pulled the 1-2 in Q3 I was shocked until the Red Bull's pulled it together.

Now that Vettel's on pole I bet Webber (starting on the dirty side of track) must be worried.

I pray Webber clinches the Championship!:smile:

Re: Webber winning and his popularity

I just have a gut feel about this, but if this was dancing with the Stars, he'd win hands down.

Looks to me like the WCC is in the bag.

Race is about to start in a while. Rains washed away all rubber set in, gonna be an interesting/exciting race!

We wait hour and some thing but it worth.Interesting race finished like I want(win of Alonso).Sad day for Seb Renault engine didn't make it.Lewis did a good job.Still any thing is open in championship.Where is Jack S.?

We wait hour and some thing but it worth.Interesting race finished like I want(win of Alonso).Sad day for Seb Renault engine didn't make it.Lewis did a good job.Still any thing is open in championship.Where is Jack S.?

I agree with most of your points, except, Lewis doing a good job. He basically gave the race to Alonso, by being too aggressive at the restart. In any case he kept his cool afterwards and finished. Speaking of aggression, what was Sutils problem? Buttons strategy backfired and I really think he's done for this year (heard that Rebel :wink:). Good job from Massa, he didn't spin once. With the recent surge in performance from Ferrari, much to your liking i'm sure, it seem like Alonso may claim another title. What a season, should be quite memorable.

Looking good for F cars but I'm afraid about engine.It's last one all ready done 2 races.Could he finish another two?We know that Webber had new one for this race and he don only few laps so it's practically new for next race.
P.S. 69XSN Lewis only give back to Alonso what he loss in pit,and about Jenson you are right.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree Jenson is done for the season. He would need 2 wins and DNF's for Alonso and Webber. :frown:
I was also upset that Webber crashed out, as it looked like Vettel was gonna take the win, until his engine gave out. I was relieved and cheering, and so were the teams in the paddock, particularly Ferrari and McLaren.

Here's to Mark Webber for WDC!

Re: Goat Rodeo

pretty much sums it up. Not necessarily a bad thing unless you hate total chaos. Bernie couldn't have wrote a better script.........except for the part about thousands of fans stuck in traffic and probably parked in mud. :mad: Aw, who cares about those suckers anyway, they already paid their money and who cares if they don't come back, they're just a drop in the bucket compared to the TV receipts.

And whodathunk that the whole WDC would get turned upside down? And after Fred was lucky to make the grid with a water pump malfunction and an old engine. :eek:

Hmmmmm pure logic would say Hamo will have to pull one out of the hat to overtake Freddy, and the the Bulls are prolly toast in the WDC, but...............we'll have to see how Bernie writes the next race chaos script. :rolleyes: :wink:

Well, lots of interesting madness all up and down the field.

Wow. Let me reiterate. Wow. :wink:

Wow indeed:eek:

It was a good race and good entertainment/show with lots of unscripted drama. I was routing for Button but sadly starting to think he just doesn't have it in him. But what is the deal with Senna ...... I mean are his issues the car setup/team/money or he is just plain out of his league?!

Wow indeed:eek:

It was a good race and good entertainment/show with lots of unscripted drama. I was routing for Button but sadly starting to think he just doesn't have it in him. But what is the deal with Senna ...... I mean are his issues the car setup/team/money or he is just plain out of his league?!

I knew Button didn't have it in him, from looking at his past performance (sorry Rebel & Johndoc). As for Senna, I believe If you were to put any of the top drivers (Vettel, Hamo, Alonso, Kubica) in a HRT, they wouldn't do much better.

I think the closest you'll get is the "debrief" at 9:30PM on 11/5.
Perhaps it's streamed somewhere on Speed.
I have a complete DVR copy :biggrin:

Rebroadcast

Ken I searched U- verse all the usual ways for the rebroadcast & couldnt find it. Found it by just scrolling thru the Speed schedule like my clueless mother in law. Frustrating.

I hope there's an invitation hidden in that statement somewhere. :wink:

I'll save it for you... call me. Perhaps squeeze it in between now and NSXpo or before Fiesta.

I knew Button didn't have it in him
I watched BBC's "red button" post-race program and they interviewed Jenson for 15 minutes. He said his front tires were shredded, yet the car wouldn't stop, and he dialed back brake bias to full rear, yet the front would still plow on when he tried to stop for turns. So it was a mess. He did volunteer to try on a new part related to the brake system, and Lewis didn't try on that part. But he came on the show really humble and just blamed everything on himself.

So, based on that explanation, I think it was 51% the car and 49% Jenson's fault that he did so poorly during the race.

Unfortunately I was given a mandatory vacation for a month but never fear, im back and all is normal once again.

Jack, when you coming up to collect that dinner?
Oh im gonna collect, don't you worry.
Dude, you still around? I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't work. I'll be down your way soon and thought we might have a drink, dinner or something. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Check your pm soon...

As for F1:

Egg on my face to see fernando leading the championship right now but I still firmly believe he's gonna lose an engine and his chances will falter. Not so positive that he will finish out of the top 4 with Button struggling in Korea but I'll jus watch and wait...

Button is done (as sad it is to say that). It would take the red bulls breaking, Alonso losing an engine, and Lewis crashing out consistently in races....OH WAIT...thats been happening as of late. If Button cannot win, I would like to see Webber win WDC, then Hamilton if not Webber. I really hate Vettel and Alonso.

F1 has been great this season and although its ending soon, I'm really looking forward to next season with movable rear wings. That will definitely make for some great advancements to the sport.

Last edited:
Back