• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Source - NSX-R R/C car

So I've been wanting the NSX-R R/C car from The Source for a while but its always been kinda pricey at $75-100. Today I saw it for $40 boxing day special.

I picked up a non opened box and brought her home :)

I plan on re-painting it Type-R white.

IMG_0093.jpg

Heres the box

IMG_0094.jpg

One more of the box...

IMG_0095.jpg

The inner box!

IMG_0096.jpg

There she is waiting for me...

IMG_0097.jpg

There it is... NSX-R should be white though... I wonder why they didn't make it white ??

IMG_0098.jpg

Rear quarter

IMG_0099.jpg

Its not bad looking.. its a pretty big model. its 1:10 scale.

IMG_0100.jpg

Tail lights...

IMG_0101.jpg

More of the rear.

IMG_0102.jpg

Rims and tires... also gonna be painted white.

IMG_0103.jpg

Front

IMG_0104.jpg

Tire tread

IMG_0105.jpg

Side view mirror that you have to put on.

IMG_0106.jpg

Mirror again closer...

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

I wanted to try it out but it didn't include the battery :( so I guess I'm off to find a 7.2v battery tomorrow.

I went to pick one up on boxing day... and they are sold out... hopefully I can still find one in the KW area?

on the website they show how many are in stock at each store. You can check for your area.

I got one myself. My wife bought it for me as my Christmas present. Thinking of painting mine also just not sure what color yet!!

ha! I got mine last year, I need to pick up some volk gt-v for it and then it'll be just like mine!
I still haven't even run it

on the website they show how many are in stock at each store. You can check for your area.

Yes it showed stock but when I called the stores they don't have any... so there is one store left to check they said they have it, gonna try and get it tomorrow...

My wife bought me one for my b-day - had to bring it in from Alberta!

She got me a battery and charger - wow - it is FAST!!!

Almost a little too fast for indoors!

I felt like Dave on the race track as I drove it around, a little out of control and obviously not an expert! :)

That is what happens when you jump from your pink Porsche to this: you are over your head!

Which color of Pilottis were you wearing (Stu owns three pair and chooses which pair matches best with the rest of his garb). Cool Suit on?

Thanks for the info I just picked one up this afternoon.If anybody paints theres please post pictures.

Ok... I finally got one :biggrin: 3 more left at Conestoga Mall in Waterloo if anyone wants to grab on in the area. They sell the battery for $39 there too...

Thanks,
Richie

I saw these last year and posted on Prime about them and got zero interest. I liked them then but thought it was too pricey for what you get. Now at $39 they're a steal! Saw your thread and ran out to my local store to buy it. One more still in stock in Stittsville, Ont. :)

Just charged it up and took it for a spin tonight. Fast is correct! I actually did a spinout and managed to scuff the passenger side door already. Guess I will go ahead with a new paint job after all :rolleyes:

Can any one buy me one and send it out to Los Angeles, CA?

I just bought 2 units today. TheSourceCC website claims sale is on til Jan31. I think they are getting out of this model. My local store (Aurora, Ont) is at zero stock now. I am planning to buy 2 units of some kind of wireless video cam to install in each car - to feed Driver POV back to 2 laptops so we can race them with "thru the windshield" view of the turns and pylons I set up. Anyone else interested in video equipmetn buy if I find a deal? Best so far is $250 per car for complete system......still trying to find a cheaper system.

IW

That is what happens when you jump from your pink Porsche to this: you are over your head!

Which color of Pilottis were you wearing (Stu owns three pair and chooses which pair matches best with the rest of his garb). Cool Suit on?

I bought grey Pilotis to match the car - my Porsche still isn't pink - but I feel like NSX_NICK I have a Porsche AND and NSX - I'm just not into the young girls:rolleyes:

I have two extra cars - offers are to NSX Club of Canada members first then happy to send to Americans for $40 plus tax plus shipping (no profit, just a service):wink:

im curious how we can get one in the states? Does anyone know if they sell them on this side of the border? thanks

They are sold here by "The Source by Circuit City". These were formerly Radio Shack stores, so I assume you'd be able to find these either at Radio Shack or at Circuit City. Check their websites.

They are sold here by "The Source by Circuit City". These were formerly Radio Shack stores, so I assume you'd be able to find these either at Radio Shack or at Circuit City. Check their websites.

Radio Shack Canada was a separate company "Tandy" who licensed the Radio Shack name from RS in the USA. Tandy made a deal with Circuit City where some ownership was supposed to change hands at some point - but I wouldn't assume any real ties between Tandy and Circuit City - maybe in some buying leverage, but Tandy has always made money in RC stuff, which is different from CC in the USA.

I have two extra cars - offers are to NSX Club of Canada members first then happy to send to Americans for $40 plus tax plus shipping (no profit, just a service):wink:
I'd be VERY interested in buying one from you, since we can't seem to get this in the STATES. Please let me know if one becomes available.

I'll take one if they become available!!!

To our US friends:

I think you can order them directly from The Source: http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/P...atalog=Online&category=RCCars&product=6018591

Looks like a credit card is all you need ;)

I wish that was the case. This is what I got from the source site:

TheSource.ca only accepts Canadian issued credit cards and INTERAC Online Service for payment. TheSource.ca will only ship to Canadian addresses.
Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license

It looks as if we states guys are at the mercy of the Canadians :biggrin:

OK, guys the two I have are yours - now you have to figure out who "you" is - two issues, I'm one lazy f-k, so its not gonna be eBay A+++++++++ service, but I'll get them to you - (I need boxes and packaging, etc. and as I said - lazy f-k)

You get them at my cost: $40 plus taxes 14% plus actual shipping - can't make $$$ off of love - I'm not the pimp daddy BioBoy!

Use the link to email me - first come 1st served

Back