• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of getting some paint done... opinions?

Which valence paint scheme to go with

• leave it as is

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • paint it to look faux '02+ style

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
I think you should go for the 02 look,I think it looks alot better...thats the look that Im gonna go for in the future.

got pics - went to DV8s gallery

and found shots he has, but were also Redshifts ..so i went to Redshifts gallery as well..I think the floating red panel looks the goods..

L5-S1NSX said:
Say where can I get the NSX rear brake light cover ??as shown on this post
for 91 ?? is it just a decal ??

Thanks

Ken
Seattle
You actually have to take the panel apart (heat gun and prying), remove the inner 'ACURA' film, and replace it with an 'NSX' film. :smile:

I'll be the first test subject to install stacy's spats and have that kite centerpiece installed.

Question is how can I order the kite center piece. I've been having this idea sitting in my head for a while. Glad to see another person going further with the idea. After seeing this photoshop, its a go for me.:biggrin:

Re: DV8 s links in this thread

NSXAU said:
doing a search on painting the rear valance this thread popped up, but the links to DV8 pics aren't working..can't even 'show pic', the detail in each pic he describes I'd like to see..

Look under DV8 in the owners gallery....

Stick-e-rice said:
I'll be the first test subject to install stacy's spats and have that kite centerpiece installed.

Question is how can I order the kite center piece. I've been having this idea sitting in my head for a while. Glad to see another person going further with the idea. After seeing this photoshop, its a go for me.:biggrin:
As luck would have it, bling will be doing another group buy in the near future. :smile:

look here.

Ive got the 2002 rear valence and and the Downforce CF plate frame. Looks sick together on a red car. I painted the whole thing red except for the mesh section which I left black. My favorite little mods.

The Kid said:
Ive got the 2002 rear valence and and the Downforce CF plate frame. Looks sick together on a red car. I painted the whole thing red except for the mesh section which I left black. My favorite little mods.
I was VERY VERY VERY close to doing just that. Then when it was time to order new exhaust, I found that I just couldn't part with the quad tips. IMO, quad tips look more exotic, but the new valence looks much more modern. I wish I could have both. :frown:

redshift said:
I was VERY VERY VERY close to doing just that. Then when it was time to order new exhaust, I found that I just couldn't part with the quad tips. IMO, quad tips look more exotic, but the new valence looks much more modern. I wish I could have both. :frown:

Different strokes, I hate quad tips:frown: Japanese cars should have 2 single tips in my opinion. Quad tips remind me of camaro's, firebird's and vette's:biggrin:

The Kid said:
Different strokes, I hate quad tips:frown: Japanese cars should have 2 single tips in my opinion. Quad tips remind me of camaro's, firebird's and vette's:biggrin:
yeah, different strokes for sure. I like both styles. Upturned quad tips remind me of tubi... not f-bodies and vettes :wink:

i prefer the Single big coffee can exhaust like the S-Tai, but its too loud for my area =o

redshift said:

We can. I have quad tips as well. I think it will look great with the kite centerpiece, although I think it would look good painted flat black. Im installing the Stacy's spats tomorrow. Had some NSX guys here from Prime drop by the restaurant and they recommended a shop called "Wet" something.

I'm in for sure for the Kite piece. I saw it for sale last time, but it was sold out before I could get my hands on it.

I'll keep checking when we can get the Kite piece.

Regards,
Ton

FuryNSX said:
And to continue with Osiris_x11's idea about the DF CF license frame trim....

4132redshift_rear.jpg

This one is a big time winner.

Stick-e-rice said:
This one is a big time winner.
I agree. I really like the DF plate frame. My current plan is to pickup the plate frame, paint it black, and get the kite kit. I'll use the center piece for sure, but I'm not sure about the spats, I might keep the WW ones on there. Does anybody out there have pics of kite kit installed?

I'll be the first to post if someone can get the kite centerpiece. Car is already in bodyshop being completely repainted with a bodykit. Missing centerpiece:mad: , but I'm planning to paint it flat black anyways so I guess I can install it later.

PM me if you know how I can get one. Ready to paypal. Appreciate the help.

Photoshop request

photoshop request...
I'm fitting Nico type spats to my 93 as well [paint shop booked 6 March], and I'm looking to do some extra paint to 'faux 02' the rear valance...could some one clever do some 'photo' work on mine to show the options...obviously on our Aussie model cars ..the rear number plate surround is different [wider Euro ??] .and blacked already...so I'm thinking..photoshop
1. a full colour [red] like Redshift except for the number surround leave blk
2. then partial red paint out .."Painted middle bar only"..DV8
3. then "Painted middle bar, top lining, license plate frame and vertical columns"...DV8

Hope someone has the time...Im not flash with photoshop stuff..my work with it looks like graffitti....so here's the rear pic of my car for the 'operating table'

12074112_1279.JPG

Thanks In advance:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Photoshop request

NSXAU said:
bump..just pushing this one into view again

Here you go:

12372nsxau1.jpg

12372nsxau2.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get to the rest of the requests as it's getting a little late. I'll see what I can do tomorrow if I have time. Hope this helps a little. Gotta catch some zz's...

Last edited:
Hey DV8..
absolutely impressed with your work..spats paint ..nice job..

...now for which look, on initial impressions..we think the floating narrow bar section gets out vote - pic 2..whats everyone elses opinion..

DV8 ..could you do me one more ...a full paint of the rear valance except again for the number surround ..just to satisfy my curiosity...this is what I was going to originally ..until I found this thread ..damm !!

One thing we also noticed was that the number surround [frame within the rear bar] is actually not 'square' [and this is how it actually is on the car] ..haven't noticed that as much on the US rear bar.....hmm not sure, by painting / highlighting the area... you seem to notice it more...hmmm ..whats your thoughts on that...anyway thanks again..if you can do the full paint one that would be cool...

Regards

Sorry to get back so late - a little thing called work held me up :wink:
Anyways better late then never. Here's the version with the full painted vallence minus the licence plate frame:

12372nsxau3.jpg

One suggestion regarding the over accentuation of the license plate frame would be to paint that as well:

12372nsxau4.jpg

Some of the physics and colors may be off due to designing on a laptop. Oh and a mouse would've helped too :frown: Anyhow, I hope this helps in your decision making. Good luck!

Last edited:
DV8
Hey thanks again for your great work..will be going into a family meeting !! to decide...one thing all have said is..is with any of partial paint outs ..like only painting the bottom middle bar section as an eg. that seeing the other section not painted may not look right when physically looking at the car ...raising ?s like why would yuo just do that etc as it may look only half done...thats why I wanted the full paint option. I still like the 'floating' bar but the family opinion is they like it too but it may look 'dumn' when you can see the rest of the valance not painted ...car goes in on March 6..decision time !!:confused: :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help

I'm in for the centerpiece rear valence either 02 Look with no fins or Kite with Fins.

I posted on the vendor's thread and patiently waiting response so I can get this part and install it.:wink:

Hope we get some responses soon.:tongue:

Regards,
Ton

I'm in for the centerpiece rear valence either 02 Look with no fins or Kite with Fins.

I posted on the vendor's thread and I'm patiently waiting response so we can all get this part and install it.:wink:

I think there are 3 of us so far so sign up people. Hope we get some responses soon.:tongue:

Regards,
Ton

Back