• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Those who sold their NSX, do you have any regrets selling the car?

I've had seven NSX's in eight years. I've regretted selling every one, but for different reasons. My first was a red 96 targa. That was the car that got me hooked on these. I then bought an LBB coupe. This car I eventually sold to a guy in Hong Kong. It was a fantastic car, but I sold it to buy a 997 C2S because I felt like I needed a change. I kept it for three months! There was nothing wrong with the car, but I didn't gel with it like the NSX. So I sold it and bought another LBB. Unfortunately killed this one on track. A very painful experience. Certainly driving it home with pieces of headlight floating around and part of the front wing stuck up in the air was a little soul destroying.
I then bought a red 04 coupe fantastic car. Sold after a year. An imola targa, which looked fantastic. I'd missed that open air experience. Then by accident another red coupe and again another red coupe.
Throughout my ownership experience, I, like many owners battled with the thought of buying something else. Largely I think for the experience of owing something new. Not because I see them as a long time proposition. Certainly a Cayman R, a Boxster Spyder appeal. As does a 997 GT3 or an exige. But honestly, every time I go to buy something else, I find I can't actually make the jump. I then sit in front of the trader looking for another NSX.
Perhaps it's the search for the right car? Perhaps I know deep down that there is nothing out there like an NSX.

I regret selling mine EVERY SINGLE DAY.

My father even tells me I never should have gotten rid of it.

So here I am lurking the forums basking in what I was once a part of.

Always searching ads. Never finding anything to satisfy me. It sucks.

I regret selling mine EVERY SINGLE DAY.

My father even tells me I never should have gotten rid of it.

So here I am lurking the forums basking in what I was once a part of.

Always searching ads. Never finding anything to satisfy me. It sucks.

OUCH! :frown:

Like picking at a scab that won't heal.

This is like the NSX depression thread! Ouch is right!^

"It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"

The silver lining to all of this is that most current owners take care of their cars like their first born.
For those still looking, there's a good chance one will roll your way just waiting for someone new to put another 100K clicks on her.

I watched a video on the channel on youtube called Petrolicious, and the owner said something interesting, he said "We never really own a car, its just yours to take care of for the next generation." -Lamborghini Countach owner

I think since our cars are so well built, this phrase has even more meaning.
Not to get the tears going here or anything, but maybe just to lighten the mood:cool:.

Lucas

I miss it sometimes, but I don't regret selling it. Circumstances in life change (Financial, Marital, Children etc), and sometimes that involves a change in car. Live life with no regrets, if you keep it great, if you don't you could always come back or try a different flavor of car!

Back