• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on the Bose Wave system ?

I own that system, good sounding for a small room, but not good for a large living room. Definitely not worth the 300 dollar price tag. I bought it out of convenience because I had some credit through a electronic store. I would have chose a JBL system over that.

The truth is, if you have a iPod, some of the $100 computer system will sound just as good, if not better than the Bose system.

I still remember the days when I worked at the Good Guys and Circuit city when I get to buy any Bose product for 60% off, and I didn't buying into their program. Some of the Bose reps did even have them....lol

BTW Mike, are you planning to use it with your TV. Not so much a surround sound system, but have a nicer sound than the TV speakers?

As of right now, no.....I'm not planning on using it w/ my T.V. My living room has wood flooring and I have some black lacquer Korean cabinets....so I'm kind of going for an open, Asian look for the area. My primary music listening area is the den, where I have my bookshelves and analog setup. For the living room, I want something very clean and simple to set atop the cabinets. Something that will give me decent sound while I'm doing housecleaning or some other activity in the general area. However, I do sometimes use those "Music Choice" channels on cable T.V. For this reason, I'm thinking of getting a big screen Mitsubishi w/ those big built in speakers.......

Back