• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Threw a rod

My father managed to throw a rod and/or destroy a bearing while on the track. Presumably oil starvation.

This is a 91 with over 100K on it.

Mulling what to do next and who should do it. Car is mostly for my dads enjoyment on the street with a little spirited driving. Doesn't go to the track much.

Open to making it faster, so who should he send it to and how much work should he have them do? Open to input and experiences.

As you may know, we rebuild NSX engines, and have lots of spare parts to repair a damaged engine. With close to 60 engines completed, I suspect we have some of the most experience in the country with this powerplant. We're reasonably close and can help with transportation. Give us a call if you have any questions (I think I may have already spoken to your Dad?)

cheers,
-- Chris

My father managed to throw a rod and/or destroy a bearing while on the track. Presumably oil starvation.

This is a 91 with over 100K on it.

Mulling what to do next and who should do it. Car is mostly for my dads enjoyment on the street with a little spirited driving. Doesn't go to the track much.

Open to making it faster, so who should he send it to and how much work should he have them do? Open to input and experiences.

fwiw sos did my motor build, and I've driven the car HARD for the last year/6000 miles with zero issues. and that includes many track events crushing all lessor cars with IMPUNITY.

BUILD BIG!

The NSX with power is a blast and like peiserg I enjoy crushing everything that wants a pull. Except for his FGT maybe...

I would recommend LoveFab or SOS but given your location I would say SOS.

If his wallet will allow it he will have something that he will enjoy tremendously.

Back