• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thunderhill July 9th -- Tons of Space!

Well, I thought I could get drivers just through word of mouth. It would seem that was a bad decision, so I'm back posting about our events.

So, T.E.A.M. Racing, www.team-racing.org, is hosting an event at Thunderhill on July 9th at Thunderhill Raceway Park. Cost is $240 and includes well over two hours of track time, instruction, classroom time, bottled water and Gatorade, snacks, and a catered lunch. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at [email protected] I usually get back on email within the hour.

Right now we have a very low driver turnout, which could mean more track time! The current drivers list is www.onemain.com/~bonster/driverlist.html Hope to see you there!!!

Yup, Antony, you and Jeff are both on the list of folks to go (HINT, Jeff . . . where's my moolah? Lol!!!). Anyway . . . it's always nice to see what I consider a rare car out there. I saw a really cool NSX out here yesterday . . . it was a weird grayish-pearly color. It was AWESOME. I think it was one of the newer ones. I waved at him out of habit. Problem was, I was in my Porsche, so he probably thought I was nuts. :D

Last edited:
Argh! I need to get my car sorted and finish my project at work. I see a co-worker of mine signed up as well. Now I'm jealous. :biggrin:

YES, Tim, you really need to get out!!! On the track that is!!! Why spend that much on your baby and never get to play with her? :redface:

Ken . . . it has been WAY too long for you, as well. What's up lately? :) And, pardon my lack of edumacation . . . what is CTSC?

Last edited:
YES, Tim, you really need to get out!!! On the track that is!!! Why spend that much on your baby and never get to play with her? :redface:

Ken . . . it has been WAY too long for you, as well. What's up lately? :) And, pardon my lack of edumacation . . . what is CTSC?

CompTech SuperCharger

i'll bring mine out too =)

Yes Bonni, it's been way too long. I'm having a supercharger installed this week. CTSC = CompTech SuperCharger. :biggrin:

Very nice Ken. I just had mine installed 3 weeks ago and I'm anxious to get out on the track. Unfortunately or not so unfortunately I wil be in Vegas the weekend of this event.

Ah, CompTech . . . a friend of mine used to work there. Are they still up in El Dorado Hills? I've heard nothing but the best things from Acura and Honda owners about them. As if the NSX wasn't fast enough already . . . woot! That's gonna be tons of fun! :D

I'm interested but can't confirm my schedule until the last week of June. When is the dead line of this?

Hey Larry . . . I totally understand the schedule thing. I'm like that as well, most of the time. Sigh.

Well . . . the last date I can accept a check, here at my house, would have to be July first. This is because the bank will be closed on Monday, the fifth. Then it will take an average of three days to clear. Yikes!!!

If you PayPal it, I can do it up until July sixth, by midnight. I get on the plane EARLY (yuk) on the seventh to head out to my native home of California (I moved to Florida a couple years ago). If you pay cash at the track, well, durr. That's a no-brainer. Just put it in an envelope and hand it either to me or my hubby, John (Parker). Checks at the track are not accepted except in rare instances, where I have known the person for a long time.

Anywho . . . I really hope you can make it! Looks like we will have a healthy showing of NSX meat. I hope you can be part of that group!!! I love your guys' cars!!! Alas, I love my Porsche more, so it stays in the garage. Same thing would happen if I bought an NSX. And believe you me -- I am VERY tempted. Dammit. Like I don't have enough cars!!! :D

Take care . . .

Thanks. Worse come to worse will be cash at the track but I will give you a heads up at least a few days before the 9th. Unfortunately, I'm not bring my NSX. It is going to be my 3000GT VR4 or E30 M3.

Hey Larry . . . I totally understand the schedule thing. I'm like that as well, most of the time. Sigh.

Well . . . the last date I can accept a check, here at my house, would have to be July first. This is because the bank will be closed on Monday, the fifth. Then it will take an average of three days to clear. Yikes!!!

If you PayPal it, I can do it up until July sixth, by midnight. I get on the plane EARLY (yuk) on the seventh to head out to my native home of California (I moved to Florida a couple years ago). If you pay cash at the track, well, durr. That's a no-brainer. Just put it in an envelope and hand it either to me or my hubby, John (Parker). Checks at the track are not accepted except in rare instances, where I have known the person for a long time.

Anywho . . . I really hope you can make it! Looks like we will have a healthy showing of NSX meat. I hope you can be part of that group!!! I love your guys' cars!!! Alas, I love my Porsche more, so it stays in the garage. Same thing would happen if I bought an NSX. And believe you me -- I am VERY tempted. Dammit. Like I don't have enough cars!!! :D

Take care . . .

Wow, I haven't seen a VR4 in quite a while. There's a guy at the base who has one, but I doubt he tracks it. I will have to say, that between the Mitsubishi and the BMW, the M3 has the VR4 beat hands-down for handling. And you don't have to worry about turbo problems. ;)

You are correct. I tracked the VR4 at Thunder Hill (the first time) two weeks ago and the VR4 is way too heavy on the track with tons of understeer. The brakes almost gone after 4 laps and I have to slow down. Will see how the E30 M3 behave this time.

ThunderHill_013.jpg

ThunderHill_027.jpg

Wow, I haven't seen a VR4 in quite a while. There's a guy at the base who has one, but I doubt he tracks it. I will have to say, that between the Mitsubishi and the BMW, the M3 has the VR4 beat hands-down for handling. And you don't have to worry about turbo problems. ;)

Bonnie- if I could convince Steve and some of the other geriatric track rats to come out in the July heat, then we'll meet at the usual mexican restaurant the night before to get drunk. I'll bring cash and Advil.

Larry

I have not run T-hill (or any other track for that matter) outside of NASA...i wonder what it's like? either way i would love to make it if i can only find time to do my 90k service prior. we will see

Bonnie- if I could convince Steve and some of the other geriatric track rats to come out in the July heat, then we'll meet at the usual mexican restaurant the night before to get drunk. I'll bring cash and Advil.

Larry

Having a brain fart here . . . can't remember your last name, though I know I should. First letter? Dang it, I feel a bit geriatric myself right about now. If you do plan on last-minuting this deal, at least send me your info via email so that I can print up a reg form.

I have not run T-hill (or any other track for that matter) outside of NASA...i wonder what it's like? either way i would love to make it if i can only find time to do my 90k service prior. we will see

With all due respect to my good buddy Jerry and NASA, you really need to come see us! Way more track time and less crowded track. :) Don't get me wrong -- I love the NASA experience -- we are just much different and more relaxed, yet with a strong emphasis on safety and zero contact. :)

With all due respect to my good buddy Jerry and NASA, you really need to come see us! Way more track time and less crowded track. :) Don't get me wrong -- I love the NASA experience -- we are just much different and more relaxed, yet with a strong emphasis on safety and zero contact. :)

i never thought of NASA as being stressful (NASA Tech inspector for three years lol) i would very much like to experience something different however

Well, maybe I know you then. I have not (sadly) raced with NASA since 2005. :( They have a WONDERFUL program, but as you said, if you want to experience something different, we are where it is at. Just ask Jerry. Tell him he still owes Bonni some booze. ROFL!!!:rolleyes:

Back