• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tiger Wins Again!

What an awesome performance today. He rules!

I shot 88 today and I thought it was pretty good. :)

I shot 88 today and I thought it was pretty good. :)[/QUOTE]

NetViper, Are you giving strokes at the NSXPO 2006 golf event? :biggrin:

I saw him win it in person too....simply unbelievable as he passed everyone so easily.....I wish I had his short game skills....

As a golfer myslef it is incredible to watch him play. The guy is a machine that when he's so well tuned no one can catch him. When I attended a golf academy for three days they did a computer simulation of my swing comparred to his. All I can say is I know why he's winning championships and why I have a steady day job. :redface:

He is an amazing talent and he is in every head when it comes to the final round at a major. They just cannot keep up and he simply walks away. On another note as being a huge golf fan and have been for many years, I cannot stand to watch during the final round when he is in the lead or anywhere near the lead as the announcers drive me NUTS! All they can talk about is him. Tiger this, Tiger that! What about everyone else that is out there busting their butts to play? Are they just a non issue? I just think it is unfair to the other golfers who get no attention or media coverage when they shoot the lights out b/c TW is in the lead. For petes sake I know many people who will not watch the tourny if he is not leading or is no where near the lead b/c it is boring to them. Unfortuantly this is true amongst a lot of people. Ratings go in the toilet when TW is not right up there. I'm sorry, these are NOT golf fans, these are TW fans and nothing else. That is not fair to the other players on the PGA tour. Don't get me wrong, TW is an amazing talent and god knows I wish I could play a 1/2% as good as him, but this obsessive media coverage on TW and nobody else has got to stop. Sorry for rambling but I just had to get it off my chest.

BTW, did I mention I am a huge Nike/Nike Golf fan. :wink:

I'm a huge golf nut (but haven't been playing as much as of late) and what Tiger does is simply amazing.

I was on Yahoo sports today and saw some pictures of the PGA Championship and noticed the captions and it got me wondering.

Why is it that Elin (his wife) is still Elin Nordegren and not Elin Woods? It's not like she's some celebrity who keeps their famous name.
And on another note, how many people out there think that Tiger is getting the twin sister thrown in for a 3 way romp every time he wins a major? I only say this because at the British Open, there was Elin and her sister and it got me wondering. Or am I just that perverted?

ekin95 said:
He is an amazing talent and he is in every head when it comes to the final round at a major. They just cannot keep up and he simply walks away. On another note as being a huge golf fan and have been for many years, I cannot stand to watch during the final round when he is in the lead or anywhere near the lead as the announcers drive me NUTS! All they can talk about is him. Tiger this, Tiger that! What about everyone else that is out there busting their butts to play? Are they just a non issue? I just think it is unfair to the other golfers who get no attention or media coverage when they shoot the lights out b/c TW is in the lead. For petes sake I know many people who will not watch the tourny if he is not leading or is no where near the lead b/c it is boring to them. Unfortuantly this is true amongst a lot of people. Ratings go in the toilet when TW is not right up there. I'm sorry, these are NOT golf fans, these are TW fans and nothing else. That is not fair to the other players on the PGA tour. Don't get me wrong, TW is an amazing talent and god knows I wish I could play a 1/2% as good as him, but this obsessive media coverage on TW and nobody else has got to stop. Sorry for rambling but I just had to get it off my chest.

BTW, did I mention I am a huge Nike/Nike Golf fan. :wink:

I don't think the other pros are complaining that much. Because of Tiger, the amount of money now available to these guys have skyrocketed. Just compare the purses pre-Tiger and post-Tiger.

Having said that, I am not a huge TW fan.

Back