• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tips on alcantara/suede care

my car sat in the sun for a few months last year and the alcantara custom trim i have behind the seats has lost some color. is there any spray dye out there that fixes alcantara or suede?

my car sat in the sun for a few months last year and the alcantara custom trim i have behind the seats has lost some color. is there any spray dye out there that fixes alcantara or suede?

Is it genuine Alcantara? I few months outside should not have shown any notable fading. I generally see that kind of quick color degradation on general purpose synthetic suede (from fabric stores). Alcantara is made for automotive use and has strong, long lasting U/V protection.

Is it genuine Alcantara? I few months outside should not have shown any notable fading. I generally see that kind of quick color degradation on general purpose synthetic suede (from fabric stores). Alcantara is made for automotive use and has strong, long lasting U/V protection.

Might not be authentic I guess, any idea on how to dye it back black?

Might not be authentic I guess, any idea on how to dye it back black?

I have never personally tried to die a synthetic suede. My concern would be "build-up" on the pile causing a loss of the softness. I know most fabric dies are designed to soak into the material so that may not be as much of an issue. The other thing to consider is the UV stability of the die itself. Keep in mind, a die may only last a few months also. Sorry I could not be more help.

Back