• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire Advice Request

I need to replace all four tires on my '03. Before he left for Afghanistan, my NSX mechanic suggested Falken Azinas (sp?) RT615, one size wider than what I now have. The car currently has Bridgestone Potenza 215/40R17 83Y front and 255/40R17 94Y rear. Can anyone confirm this basic choice and give me any other specifics I need to order a set? Thanks.

God Bless you Moe , wherever you are.

The only size you can run in the front with out rubbing is the stock 215/40/17.

I think the best tire you can run is the dunlop direzza star spec. It is an amazing tire and is lower priced than its competitors. They are rated by Tire Rack as extreme performance summer tire, which is the best rating.

I would run the stock sizes of 215/40/17 and 255/40/17 to keep the TCS happy.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec

Good Luck!

The only size you can run in the front with out rubbing is the stock 215/40/17.

I think the best tire you can run is the dunlop direzza star spec. It is an amazing tire and is lower priced than its competitors. They are rated by Tire Rack as extreme performance summer tire, which is the best rating.

I would run the stock sizes of 215/40/17 and 255/40/17 to keep the TCS happy.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec

Good Luck!

+1 Dunlop Star Spec.
I would highly advise against going anything larger than stock sizes.
The Falken RT-615K is a great tire, but I think it's quite a bit louder than the Star Spec.

+1 Dunlop Star Spec.
I would highly advise against going anything larger than stock sizes.
The Falken RT-615K is a great tire, but I think it's quite a bit louder than the Star Spec.

I dont think it is as good in the wet either.

I'm running Yokohama Advan Neova AD08's (who makes up these names?)
and I really really love them.

Fronts: 215/40 R17 83W 29psi
Rears: 255/40 R17 94W 34psi

Can't really give tire advice without knowing where you stand in terms of grip vs longevity, it is the unavoidable trade off.

Back