• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tires for Stock 2004 NSX

Is the only place left to get tires for a stock 2004 NSX (215/40-17 and 255/40-17) from Tire Rack? I went to my local Discount Tire and Costco to ask about tire options and they both say they don't have any matching sets from one manufacturer.

Has anyone else run into this situation? Is Tire Rack the only choice?

Is Tire Rack the only choice?
No! You can buy tires anywhere you want. Those sizes are the best sizes for your 2004 NSX.

The stock tires for the 2002-2005 NSX (Bridgestone Potenza RE040) are no longer available. The best, stickiest tires you can get in these sizes for street use are the Dunlop Direzza ZII and the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R. Both are outstanding; the Dunlop is slightly better on dry pavement and the Yokohama slightly better on wet pavement. The Falken Azenis RT-615K is also very sticky and very good. Those who are looking for a bit longer treadlife and are willing to accept slightly less grip in exchange, may want to instead consider the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport, which is still excellent, just not quite as sticky as the previous group. The ZII, AD08R, and LE Sport are all available at the Tire Rack. Discount Tire Direct, Discount Tire's website mail order arm, sells the AD08R and the RT-615K. Costco only sells tires from Michelin, BFGoodrich, and Bridgestone, none of which are all that great for the NSX, and does not sell tires in these sizes anyway.

Last edited:
No! You can buy tires anywhere you want. Those sizes are the best sizes for your 2004 NSX.

The stock tires for the 2002-2005 NSX (Bridgestone Potenza RE040) are no longer available. The best, stickiest tires you can get in these sizes for street use are the Dunlop Direzza ZII and the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R. Both are outstanding; the Dunlop is slightly better on dry pavement and the Yokohama slightly better on wet pavement. The Falken Azenis RT-615K is also very sticky and very good. Those who are looking for a bit longer treadlife and are willing to accept slightly less grip in exchange, may want to instead consider the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport, which is still excellent, just not quite as sticky as the previous group. The ZII, AD08R, and LE Sport are all available at the Tire Rack. Discount Tire Direct, Discount Tire's website mail order arm, sells the AD08R and the RT-615K. Costco only sells tires from Michelin, BFGoodrich, and Bridgestone, none of which are all that great for the NSX, and does not sell tires in these sizes anyway.

Thanks for the info. I guess I was a bit lost because I am a big fan of Michelin tires and that is the only brand I buy for all of my cars. But apparently, they don't make ANY tires that fit the standard 04-05 NSX.

That's correct. Total number of 215/40-17 Michelin tires for sale on the Tire Rack website: Zero.

But honestly, I think you'll like the ZII or AD08R. Those are two of the very best street tires available.

I am a Michelin dan too... For my luxury saloon cars. Not for (super) sports cars :))

That's funny, I hadn't seen this thread and had narrowed mine down to the AD08 and the ZII. I had the ZI and loved them, americas tire won't get the ZII though, they say its a tire rack exclusive?

I'm still torn. :(

Just get it from tirerack and call it a day. I don't understand why go to all these questionable places and waste time. Z2 is great and I would get them again.

I ended up going through Americas Tire and ordered the Yokohama Neova AD08-R's. Anxiously awaiting their arrival :)

Back