• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Ti Shift Knob Shift Knobs! $37

fine(r) print...

Zero-Cool said:
Titanium Ti Shift Knob Shift Knobs! $37

Just a nota bene as per the eBay description:

delubozparts said:
This is a Brand New JDM Light Weight 1.8oz Titanium Ti Stainless Steel Shift knob
This shift knob is heat-treated steel (NOT Titanium or even Aluminum), thus resulting in the prism-like spectrum appearance. It is similar to coloring that stainless-steel exhaust tips from many JDM exhausts develop over time.

I *believe* as of now, the only real titanium shift-knobs available for the NSX (ie. pitch/thread M10 X 1.5) are from:

• ARC
  • OEM Zanardi (JDM Type_S)
  • '02+ NSX-R

while youre on ebay buying cheap rainbow colored stuff for your car...

826d_1.JPG

0153_1_b.JPG

Re: fine(r) print...

This shift knob is heat-treated steel (NOT Titanium or even Aluminum), thus resulting in the prism-like spectrum appearance. It is similar to coloring that stainless-steel exhaust tips from many JDM exhausts develop over time.

I *believe* as of now, the only real titanium shift-knobs available for the NSX (ie. pitch/thread M10 X 1.5) are from:

• ARC
  • '02+ NSX-R

T1r, spoon...

Re: fine(r) print...

• ARC
  • '02+ NSX-R

You left out the NA1 NSX-R but that one has a stud at the end rather than female threads.

Cheers,

AR

while youre on ebay buying cheap rainbow colored stuff for your car...

826d_1.JPG

0153_1_b.JPG

That's funny!!! :biggrin:

That is exactly what I was thinking every time I see rainbow TI parts. It reminds me of the rainbow NSX in Las Vegas.

I think Rainbow TI will be a fade, just like spinner rims (and pant pockets :tongue: ). Everyone thinks they are cool right now, but you will look back and ask yourself, "What was I thinking!"

Who cares what the knob is made out of. It isn't like the material is contributing to performance. This is a purely aesthetic mod, and the stainless steel one looks just as good if not better than the others.

Who cares what the knob is made out of. It isn't like the material is contributing to performance. This is a purely aesthetic mod, and the stainless steel one looks just as good if not better than the others.
The standard factory aluminum knob on my s2000 was not as dense and the stiff ride followed up to the shifter. I purchased the oem titanium knob
Which is denser and the solid feel was very noticeable. Not sure what you meant by performance but I would say is functional.

Note the zanardi the Type s and Type R have stiffer suspension where this may have been benificial. In an stock NSX or NSX-T the more softer ride may not benefit from the knob in the way the cars that came with the knobs from the factory.

Last edited:

What I liked about the Ti knobs over the more common aluminum is Ti has a much lower thermal conductivity, which means the knob does not feel as hot or cold during extreme weather. Stainless steel seems to have a similarly low conductivity, so maybe it is about as comfortable.

Back