• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To short?

Right now I have the stock shifter. I think it is a bit to long of a throw for me. I was wondering if you guys think this set up would be way to short.

Short Gear Stalk with Extended Threads
NSX Short Shift Kit (from SOS)
ScienceofSpeed Rapid Shift Knob

My thought was just to do the short gear stalk and shift knob

Any thoughts??

All I did was the short shift kit, and I'm using the stock knob and shaft. I think this feels perfect for me. The effort to get into gear has increased a bit, and I think if I did any more "shortness" mods, it would be too much.

I have heard that a shortened shift stalk and the short shift kit make the shifting effort super hard to get it into gear(forearms of steel!)

I don't have one, but i hear people rave about these heavier type R shifter knobs really improving shifter feel:confused:

I have both, and like it alot. the only gear that is hard to get into is 5th...(on a 5 speed) but who needs to speed shift into 5th anyway??

Did someone say Too $hort? (warning: explicit lyrics)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FCG2BquGHFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have the comptech fore/aft and side/side short shift pieces and the short stalk with a heavy type-r knockoff style knob. It's pretty short, maybe too short for some people, but it feels great to me. Getting into reverse felt a little bit stiff at first but it's not that bad now.

good to know. I am installing the stuff this weekend. I keep you updated. Thanx

Erik
http://www.outrageousracing.com
I have the comptech fore/aft and side/side short shift pieces and the short stalk with a heavy type-r knockoff style knob. It's pretty short, maybe too short for some people, but it feels great to me. Getting into reverse felt a little bit stiff at first but it's not that bad now.

I have TitaniumDave's short shift kit along with Short Gear Stalk with Extended Threads. I also put on a 490g weighted shift knob from Blox.

The short shifter definitely made a difference in throw, and the short gear stalk allows the knob to sit lower. With that said, the shifting effort required has increased a good amount! It must also be noted that the downshift from 5 to 4 is also quite difficult some times. No idea why.

Either way, the short shifter is a great addition, and makes a very precise shift... just a little increased effort.

Back