• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To wing or not to wing?

Stock or CF

• Total voters
I'll most likely keep both and switch it up every now and then. I've had the cf wing on for the past year or so and put the stock one back on the other day. I have to say that I'm really liking the clean look of the stock wing right now.

Personally, I am very fond of my NSX-R wing.

I agree with many that it sure is both a very nice aesthetic as well as a functional upgrade of the standards NSX.
Especially if you combine the wing in combination with things like carbon side intakes and/or CF rear windows garnish.

I am having this dilemma as well. I've let the stock one roll since I really love it but always wonder if the R will add another dimension. Any opinions on how it looks on a yellow car?

I have the DF side skirts, front lip, and diffuser. I know the wing is supposed to round it out but the combo still looks great with the stock spoiler.

I think it would look fine on your car. Are you on stock wheels? Sometimes I think the r-wing fits better with some more aggressive looking wheels.

(I switched back to stock spoiler last May and haven't switched back. *Although, I rarely even drive the car anymore*)

Stock spoiler looks WAY better.The Type R style wing look so ugly and doesn't flow with the line of the car.:wink:

Last edited:
Agreed, the CF wing causes some jarring breaks in the lines of the car. It looks kind of tacked-on and cheap to me, like the humongous wings I've seen on a thousand Civics. Since it doesn't match the lines of the stock verticals, they should have just said, "oh, wtf, let's just put it 2 feet up, at least it won't block rear visibility then". I've never been crazy about cf, either, so if I had one, I'd paint it to match the car, and make it less jarring.

BTW, those rims look great.

Last edited:
Wing it. Nsx-r wing makes the rear look fuller to an otherwise flat rear. Makes the car look more aggressive. Go with painted wing to match the body color.

Would be nice to "fit" the stock wing's line of LED light on a R wing, instead of it "shorther and thicker" brake light.

By the way does anyone know if a "customised wing" like that has already been done before by a body shop or an artisan?

Would be nice to "fit" the stock wing's line of LED light on a R wing, instead of it "shorther and thicker" brake light.

By the way does anyone know if a "customised wing" like that has already been done before by a body shop or an artisan?

Edit: Pictures to show what I'm trying to say:"Swaping the 3rd brake light of the yellow Nsx wing into a R-wing." (see pictures)

Possible?

Attachments

• Nsx wing.JPG
    Nsx wing.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Nsx R wing.jpg
    Nsx R wing.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back