• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Today's active topics...

Only takes me to the first page of a topic;-(

Incredible... I noticed it 2 days ago too and I immediately wondered if it has always been there or not...
confused.gif

Could this feature by any chance be made to sort the entries with the most recently modified ones at the top? The message forums do this and it would be convenient if this features could do so too.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
Could this feature by any chance be made to sort the entries with the most recently modified ones at the top? The message forums do this and it would be convenient if this features could do so too.

This is a very good idea if it is possible.

Lud?

P.S. Thanks again for all of your hard work. You certainly make owning an NSX more enjoyable!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I am sure it is possible, but it is not built in. If anyone can do a little Perl coding, I will send you the relevant sections of code and you can send it back with a date sort function.

I think the FIFO system
wink.gif
we use now is better... so you read and you are not spoiled by "surprise" pictures, ... that you would already see by scrolling down the page to find where to start the "up"-reading!

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
I think the FIFO system
wink.gif
we use now is better... so you read and you are not spoiled by "surprise" pictures, ... that you would already see by scrolling down the page to find where to start the "up"-reading!

Sorry... but I think you misunderstood the suggestion. I was suggesting that the listings of todays active threads itself should be sorted to put the most recently changed ones on top, not the actual messages themselves in each thread. That way, the active thread listing would sort the same as each forum does now.

I agree that if the individual messages were put in LIFO, I would probably have to do a lot more searching and the scrolling would be a bit unnatural.

HTH

LOL. I just noticed something else.

The "todays active topics" thing also has a "Last posted to" column. This seems rather silly since its always going to list todays date =) A time (hr:min) would probably be more useful.

Back