• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Too much wheel info. My brain hurts

yo

Registered Member
Hello all. I am trying to figure out what general size of wheel will get my desired results and I think I am on information overload. I am in the market to replace my stock wheels/tires on my 91 NSX. Everything is stock, brakes, springs, etc. I am trying to achieve the look that I think many folks are, where the wheel well is filled a bit more and the wheels become more flush with the car. When I am finished I am more concerned with functionality than looks, so I am trying to prevent rubbing, etc.

maybe this is the million dollar question, but what general specs/sizes are safe/practical to use on the NSX? I realize that every wheel is different and that will ultimately determine the final result, but I am looking for guidelines.

?

Ryan

Seems good. But note that the EBay auction is for the Volk F-Zero Challenge, and the pictures listed are for the Volk SF Challenge. They are two different wheels (F-Zero is single piece, SF is multi-piece).

I know, I just couldn't find any F-Zeros on NSXs for comparison purposes.

I am trying to achieve the look that I think many folks are, where the wheel well is filled a bit more

Keep in mind, larger wheels do not fill the wheel-well more. Lowering the car does that. Larger wheels will have a lower profile tire, causing the circumference of the tire to be the same, therefore, not filling the wheel well anymore. Otherwise, your speedo would be off drastically.

Many of us have been in the position you are in. Shopping for wheels for the NSX can be pain-staking!

Back