• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

took apart my door panels

Hi All,

My driver's side speaker gave up the ghost and I decided to finally bite the bullet and disassemble the interior door panels today. I was worried that it would be a difficult task, but the instructions in the FAQ were fantastic. I was able to do it in less than 20 minutes the first time.

Since I had the panels off, I was also able to check my window regulator and it looks like I lucked out and have the updated regulator on the driver's side. Looking though the PO's receipts, the regulator failed after less than a year on the car. I'm pretty sure the passenger's side regulator needs the fix-it thingy tho.

It feels pretty good to be able to do work on my own car (aside from oil changes), and I feel a new sense of empowerment (make manly grunting Tim Allen noise here).

I cant believe I was considering paying someone else to do this for me...

I know how you feel. A couple weeks ago, I had to pull the oil pan off my civic and change the pickup screen. I was all apprehensive going into it. By the time I was done, I was like, "Well, that wasn't so hard." It was kinda messy though. :/ Thank goodness for glasses.

-Mike

Originally posted by byang:
I was worried that it would be a difficult task, but the instructions in the FAQ were fantastic.

Where exactly in the FAQ are these instructions? I looked under DIY/Easy Window Fix-it Thingy Installation but all it said was to remove the door panel "per the manual".
confused.gif

Forums Nazi...Are you out there?

Thanks!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 02 April 2002).]

I'm here.

There are also detailed instructions on the Dali Racing website. Go to the Window Fix-It Thingies and where it asks if you want more information, click "GO".

Originally posted by Forums Nazi:
I'm here.

There are also detailed instructions on the Dali Racing website. Go to the Window Fix-It Thingies and where it asks if you want more information, click "GO".

Thanks for the reply but when I went to Dali Racing's site, their instuctions said to remove the door paner "PER THE MANUAL". I'm not looking for info on installing the fix-it thingies (I already have that). I'm looking for detailed instructions on removing the door panels.

Is the manual everyone is referring to the NSX service manual?
confused.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
Thanks for the reply but when I went to Dali Racing's site, their instuctions said to remove the door paner "PER THE MANUAL". I'm not looking for info on installing the fix-it thingies (I already have that). I'm looking for detailed instructions on removing the door panels.

Is the manual everyone is referring to the NSX service manual?
confused.gif

When you're on Dali Racing's web page for the Window Fix-It Thingies here, and you click on "GO", it gives you the web page here. On THAT page, underneath where it says "Would you like to know more?", there are five lines:

[ Nick vs the Machine [ part 1 ] ]
[ Nick vs the Machine [ part 2 ] ]
[ Window Fix-it Thingies Do I need to Install? ]
[ Window Fix-it Thingies EZ Install ]
[ Window Fix-it Thingies Install ]

If you click on the last line, it gives you a 13-page instruction manual. Pages 7-11 tell you how to dissemble the doors.

Back